Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

New 15mm Lizardman Warband

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mr_harold
Hero
Hero
mr_harold

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

15mm - New 15mm Lizardman Warband Empty
PostSubject: New 15mm Lizardman Warband   15mm - New 15mm Lizardman Warband Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012 - 9:06

Hello all,

I got my warmaster skinks and stegadon today. I gotta say, they're awesome! For saurus I'm using Khurasan Miniatures lizardmen:

15mm - New 15mm Lizardman Warband Myst300

The skinks from warmaster are appropriately tiny, but not too small. And the stegedon is going to make a great Kroxigor proxy!

So far i'm probably going to have:

Skink Priest
2 Skink Great Crests (1 w/ Javelin, 1 w/ blowpipe)
1 Saurus Totem Warrior

2 Skink Braves
1 or 2 Saurus Braves
Kroxigor

I know it might not be the most reasonable loadout (I should probably do the swarm thing), but I can't help having a giant dinosaur on my side!

I'll be posting some pictures and progress on my warband soon... hopefully I'll get in a game in with them tomorrow night (I have a more experienced, all painted, riekland warband to fight with first)

Oh, and this warband will be used for the normal mordhiem setting. Any tips would be appreciated!

Thanks for looking!
Back to top Go down
http://clearhorizonsalvage.blogspot.com/
ghostbear
Veteran
Veteran
ghostbear

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: New 15mm Lizardman Warband   15mm - New 15mm Lizardman Warband Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012 - 9:17

Can't offer much in the way of tactics for Mordheim I'm afraid - Bloodbowl & Fantasy battle I can give lizzie tactics, though they may be some similarities between blood bowl & mordheim..

I've found that in both cases, the Saurus are very much the hammer, to the skinks more nimble fast yet light touch.
Generally I use the Saurus to hold up the enemy, grinding them down, while the skinks use their speed to get the touchdown/objectives.
Missile weapons are not the lizards strong suite, but a few on the skinks is always a good idea, just to keep your opponent honest, plus they can be used to goad your opponant into attacking/charging in range of the saurus, unless they want to sit there & be picked off
Back to top Go down
http://warpedreality.wordpress.com/
mr_harold
Hero
Hero
mr_harold

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: New 15mm Lizardman Warband   15mm - New 15mm Lizardman Warband Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012 - 9:18

Thanks... I was thinking since the stegadon is a big ol' target they he is going to be taking most of the fire and used mostly as a distraction, as my skinks run around throwing javelins and shooting blowpipes at everyone... those little suckers move pretty quick!
Back to top Go down
ghostbear
Veteran
Veteran
ghostbear

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: New 15mm Lizardman Warband   15mm - New 15mm Lizardman Warband Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012 - 9:21

Pretty quick isn't how Heather (My wife) describes them... but at the same time, I'm not going to say how she does, as it's rather rude Smile

Funnily enough, I dont use Kroxigor in bbowl or warhammer, I've found the saurus happily do the job - but your mileage may vary Smile
Back to top Go down
http://warpedreality.wordpress.com/
mr_harold
Hero
Hero
mr_harold

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: New 15mm Lizardman Warband   15mm - New 15mm Lizardman Warband Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012 - 9:30

I wouldn't normally use the big cirtter, but I picked it up for the skink characters in it, and once I had it I couldn't resist cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New 15mm Lizardman Warband   15mm - New 15mm Lizardman Warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New 15mm Lizardman Warband
Page 1 of 1