Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Reikland List

Go down 
+5
5pointer
StyrofoamKing
Aureus
mr_harold
Joshua Von Wolkestadt
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Joshua Von Wolkestadt
Hero
Hero
Joshua Von Wolkestadt

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

Reikland List Empty
PostSubject: Reikland List   Reikland List Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012 - 15:39

Behold! My initial Reikland Warband list! cheers This is the very first Warband list that I have composed, so I understand if there are some flaws. Very Happy Currently, I am seeking a degree of guidance, as I want to get the best out of my 500gc before I start to get the models assembled and painted.

Budget: 500gc

Erik von Föhrenbach, Reikland Captain: 60gc
Sword: 10gc
Duelling Pistol (Brace): 50gc
Axe: 5gc
Total: 125gc

Hermann Schmidt, Reikland Champion: 35gc
Dagger: Free
Buckler: 5gc
Total: 50gc

Karl Strauß, Reikland Champion: 35gc
Mace: 3gc
Total: 48gc

Günther Kleffel, Reikland Youngblood: 15gc
Spear: 10gc
Total: 25gc

Otto Ziegler, Reikland Youngblood: 15gc
Mace: 3gc
Sheild:5gc
Total: 23gc

Felix Meyer, Kurt Olbricht & Hans Weiß, Reikland Marksmen: 75gc
Long Bow: 15gc (x3)
Mace: 3gc (x3)
Total: 129gc

Maximillian Rodenburg & Wolfgang Meyer, Reikland Swordsmen: 70gc
Sword: 10gc (x2)
Sheild: 5gc (x2)
Total: 100gc

Grand Total: 500gc
Size: 10
Rating: 86
Starting Gold:10gc

What do you think? Very Happy Thanks in advance,
Joshua
Back to top Go down
mr_harold
Hero
Hero
mr_harold

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Reikland List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikland List   Reikland List Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012 - 16:57

Seems pretty reasonable to me. A lot of heroes, so that's good. And the loadout looks pretty good. A nice mix of CC and shooting...
Back to top Go down
http://clearhorizonsalvage.blogspot.com/
Aureus
Veteran
Veteran
Aureus

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Reikland List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikland List   Reikland List Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012 - 17:47

Seems ok enough. I would only swap axes, shields and bucklers for maces. Dual wield is almost always better than weapon/shield combo. Exchanging extra attack for an armor save of 6+ (witch is negated by anything S4+, pistols, crossbows and even axes etc.) is not worth it. Bucklers ability to re roll parry is nice enough, but still I would go for another attack. Plus, maybe you can squeeze in something extra for one of your heroes with the money saved on shields/axes/bucklers.

Besides, who will you play against?
Back to top Go down
Joshua Von Wolkestadt
Hero
Hero
Joshua Von Wolkestadt

Personal Info

Reikland List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikland List   Reikland List Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012 - 17:57

Thanks guys! thumbsup Your help is greatly appreciated! Smile
Aureus, not many people in my location of residence play Mordheim Sad but, fortunately, I have got one of my friends into playing the game and he is working on a Dark Elves warband. I'm not familiar with the rules for Dark Elves but I feel that "The Way of the Arrow" will help repulse his evil ways. Do you think I'll have to alter my list before I play against him? scratch
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

Reikland List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikland List   Reikland List Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012 - 18:56

Pretty solid. A lot of players can give you different opinions, but it's mostly nit-picking from this point on. Here's my worthless 2 cents:

-Consider giving missiles to your Champions. This can also happen down the road, but over time, they will become better marksmen than your marksmen, unless they get promoted.

- You have a Youngblood with a spear and dagger. Spears can't be used with a 2nd weapon, so you should probably give him a shield in his other hand.

- If you're facing a shooty DE band, consider replacing some of the bucklers with shields. Bucklers are good with swords, but are otherwise not worth it. Shields provide cover from missiles, even if you never use them in combat.

- Don't forget that a charging swordsman with 2 swords gets 4 rolls to hit (2 attacks, each with a reroll). Twisted Evil They're no flaggelants, but they can pack a punch sometimes.

One of my favorite strategies is the "screen" - anticipate which guys are going to be receiving the enemy's charges, and which are going to be dishing them back. With a missile heavy Reikland band, it might be better to wait on the swordsman, and instead buy some disposable warriors with maces. They (and your spear-wielding youngblood[s]) intercept their attacks and guard your archers, while your champions and leader (and the swordsmen you buy later) countercharge them into dust.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Joshua Von Wolkestadt
Hero
Hero
Joshua Von Wolkestadt

Personal Info

Reikland List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikland List   Reikland List Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012 - 19:00

Oh Fantastic! Thanks for helping me out again StyrofoamKing! king I'll take all of that on board. It is greatly appreciated! Smile
Back to top Go down
Aureus
Veteran
Veteran
Aureus

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Reikland List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikland List   Reikland List Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012 - 19:32

Against DE I would exchange spear with something else - Elves have high initiative and they will attack first anyway, with spear or without. Maybe halbeard? +1S means your chance to wound is better, and you can still combine it with a shield for shooting protection. three marksmen should give you an edge in the beginning of campaign. In my opinion its hard to begin the game with a shooty DE warband - they would cost too much, since their ony missle weapon choices are reapeter crossbow and crossbow pistol. Those are nice weapons, but each costs 35gc, so a DE player must choose either missle weapon, or another henchman.

Anyway, this list will provide you with a good start, methinks.

Back to top Go down
5pointer
Elder
Elder
5pointer

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

Reikland List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikland List   Reikland List Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012 - 20:04

The others have given plenty of great advice, but I'll add my completely-worthless 2p...

You've successfully applied the Rule of Cool to your warband with your equipment choices, and that, as any good gamer knows, will act to draw the favourable attentions of the Dice Gods.

What more could a gamer want?
Back to top Go down
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder
catachanfrog

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

Reikland List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikland List   Reikland List Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012 - 20:39

Nice list - looks almost exactly as mine Shocked . I would however drop one swordsman in favour of pit fighter, or even better - Imperial Assassin!
He has 3 attacks, good profile and of course all of his weapons are posioned (so you can give the bastards a taste of their own "speciallity" Very Happy ). Remember - you can also buy him weapons (any of them) which he poisons too. So, you have very good fighter and shooter in one.

Have you considered playing tilean warband (and made them as reikland)? They have a bonus of +1 I on almost every warrior, their captain has 2 attacks and they loose rereoll on swordmen but get a 6+ save. They have the same (better) euipment list as reikland and almost the same special rules if you choose Miragleans. Reikland is fine (my next warband) but this +1 I bonus will help you when climbing, diving charging, detecting hidden. As I see, you don't limit yourselves to officials only, so why not.
After all I admire that you've chosen a core warband, especially when your opponent did not.
I wish you victory in every battle against dark elves cheers
Back to top Go down
Joshua Von Wolkestadt
Hero
Hero
Joshua Von Wolkestadt

Personal Info

Reikland List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikland List   Reikland List Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012 - 20:51

Wow! I'm really starting to admire the welcoming and friendly nature of this Forum! Very Happy Thanks for all of your much needed advice! I am sure that I'll tweak it soon and ultimately win that battle against those horrid Dark Elves! I really appreciate it.

catachanfrog, did you say our lists look almost exactly the same? That's odd. Well, you know what they say; "Great minds think alike!" Razz
Back to top Go down
5pointer
Elder
Elder
5pointer

Personal Info

Reikland List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikland List   Reikland List Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012 - 21:03

catachanfrog wrote:

Have you considered playing tilean warband (and made them as reikland)?

No This isn't right - there are rules for Reiklanders, so use them if you want to play Reiklanders. If you want to play Tilean, play Tilean and model them up as such.

The only time 'counts as' is OK, to me, is if a rule set doesn't exist. For example, using Beastmen/Orcs/Lizardmen rules (whatever) to represent Fimir.

Each to their own I suppose, but it just seems a little unsporting to try to gain advantageous rules through counts as when it isn't warranted (ie when a perfectly reasonable rule set exists).

Back to top Go down
Joshua Von Wolkestadt
Hero
Hero
Joshua Von Wolkestadt

Personal Info

Reikland List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikland List   Reikland List Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012 - 21:09

5pointer,
No need to worry. For the time being , I am looking to stick with my Reiklanders and get the most out of them, for as long as possible. Thanks for the support though mate! Smile
Back to top Go down
5pointer
Elder
Elder
5pointer

Personal Info

Reikland List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikland List   Reikland List Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012 - 21:15

Glad to hear it dude!

Plus, if you do choose do make a Tilean (or whatever) band in the future it's an excuse for more modelling goodness! Wink

You can never have enough warbands (I've got 22 of them in various points on the journey to 'finished')
Back to top Go down
Joshua Von Wolkestadt
Hero
Hero
Joshua Von Wolkestadt

Personal Info

Reikland List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikland List   Reikland List Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012 - 21:18

Good point! That sounds fantastic! ...
... 22 Warbands? Shocked Gosh! I guess that proves the appealing nature of the "City of the Damned"! Razz
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

Reikland List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikland List   Reikland List Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012 - 22:15

First: Fantastic name choices. This gives your warband a lot of character

Second: the warband list is very good for a first timer. Maybe i would try to squeeze more range combat in like Styro suggested. But it is nevertheless a good list.

Have fun and welcome on board.
Back to top Go down
Joshua Von Wolkestadt
Hero
Hero
Joshua Von Wolkestadt

Personal Info

Reikland List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikland List   Reikland List Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012 - 23:23

Dankeschön! Ich versuche und platziere noch einige Geschosswaffen in der Liste, aber ich muss die Liste ändern als ein Ganzes aufgrund es schon 500 gc seiend! thumbsup

Thank you! I'll try and put some more missile weapons in the list but I'll have to change the list as a whole due to it already being 500gc!

... I hope my german is okay! Razz
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

Reikland List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikland List   Reikland List Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012 - 0:31

My advice would be to take your young bloods weapons away. They are poor fighters and if you do chose to bring them into the fight they have a high chance of being taken OOA and heroes that are OOA don't search for loot.
Sit them back and hide them. If there is a chance for loot in the scenario then use them to search but other wise just camp back for as long as you can.
Us that extra gold and you can get some more fire support... maybe just scrapping the young bloods gear you can squeez in some bows for them.

One other trick if you have not caught it is to not group your Henchmen. make them all groups of 1. This will allow you a few things.
-you can diversify your equipment easier
-after there 2nd battle you get to roll advancment. A group of 3 only rolls once but 3 groups of 1 rolls 3 times. In short you up your odds of getting your 6th hero and that is vary good.

Hope that helps out!
Back to top Go down
Joshua Von Wolkestadt
Hero
Hero
Joshua Von Wolkestadt

Personal Info

Reikland List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikland List   Reikland List Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012 - 1:20

Thank you Pervavita! I greatly appreciate your help! Very Happy
Using my Youngbloods as tools for searching sounds like a good idea but if I arm them with bows they'll hit on a 5+. Wouldn't I be better off arming them with some weapons and then, as I gain gold, I'll arm them with a Duelling pistol? Due to the pistol's +1 to hit that'll grant me the opportunity to hit on 4+, which is rather better. scratch
That is just my opinion and correct me if I am wrong because I am very new to the game. Razz
Also, thank you for giving me the heads up on the grouping tactic! It sounds very promising!
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

Reikland List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikland List   Reikland List Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012 - 2:57

I usually arm youngbloods with a melee weapon to support their dagger, but not a missile weapon. Others around here do arm them with a missile weapon so they don't lose even that small chance of an extra kill/experience point.

I think it is a very solid build for a warband. I have developed a habit of trying to start with a blunderbuss for one marksman... but they are pricey so you will have to scrimp and save elsewhere. Against Dark Elves... maybe don't worry about the blunderbuss. The DEs are fast and tricksy little snots, and are less likely to clump up than other warbands. Still, there is nothing more fun than catching multiple enemy models in a good blunderbus blast.

Love the names, by the way.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

Reikland List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikland List   Reikland List Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012 - 4:01

I'm going to have to disagree with Pervavita - always take as many heroes are you can, as it provides the highest number of Exploration dice in the post game phase. And while it's possible that they continue to suck over time, but I've had youngbloods surpass my champions in strength in a handful of games! Also, heroes die slightly-less than 1/6th of the time, unlike a henchman's 1/3rd. Just good sense.

As for hitting, dueling pistols ARE fun. Personally, I like the shield/buckler combo. Ironically, as you guys have lower WS, they are easier to hit- and the easier to hit, the easier to parry. A bit overdone, but still has a slight flair to it. It also makes them a good screen - to soak up hits from your leader, and to charge in sword & dagger against tied-up enemies. Give them long range missiles when they get BS3.
Back to top Go down
Joshua Von Wolkestadt
Hero
Hero
Joshua Von Wolkestadt

Personal Info

Reikland List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikland List   Reikland List Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012 - 12:39

Okay Guys! mwever & StyrofoamKing, your advice should prove very handy and useful! In the future I plan to give my Champions Duelling pistols as well. That was the original plan but turns out, they're pricey! Razz

After a few games and once I'm more familiar with the rules, I'll no doubt try the blunderbuss thing and yes, StyrofoamKing; I shall give them some missile weapons once they reach BS3. king

Thanks again! All of this advice is making me want to force my Dark Elves friend into finishing his warband so that we can get a game! Smile
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

Reikland List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikland List   Reikland List Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012 - 15:29

Styrofoamking: I was not saying to drop the young bloods, i was saying to drop there weapons. I never bring them into CC unless I know it's safe (IE the other guy will be taking an All Alone test if I do or to sweep in for a kill on a guy on his back/face). Always max out heroes. One "dies" then replace him/her ASAP. The reason to not bring young bloods into h2h was if they do go out of action then they can not explore and that's what I was meaning by keep them back.
I only suggest giving young bloods a bow not because they will do well with it but rather you already have the two guys and if you want more shooting and can't afford the next marksmen (even with out a bow as he can gain experience now for just joining the battle) then a bow on the young bloods IMHO is better then expensive h2h weapons. Ya they won't hit often but they may snip a kill here and there and people may not avoid there shots like those of your marksmen or they will and that slows and spreads out the enemy more.
Back to top Go down
Joshua Von Wolkestadt
Hero
Hero
Joshua Von Wolkestadt

Personal Info

Reikland List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikland List   Reikland List Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012 - 15:59

Now that you've explained it more in-depth it is beginning to appear much more clear! Smile Thanks for the advice! I will probably give them bows as they gain BS3 but before then I'll probably use them to drop off weaker targets so that they can gain experience still! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

Reikland List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikland List   Reikland List Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012 - 16:29

Yeah, or maybe negate a Lucky Charm or two.

Sorry, Pervavita, my misunderstanding.

All that's left now is to knock some heads!
Back to top Go down
Joshua Von Wolkestadt
Hero
Hero
Joshua Von Wolkestadt

Personal Info

Reikland List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikland List   Reikland List Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012 - 17:06

I can't agree more, my friend!
Smile
Hopefully I am able to spill blood upon the tabletop very soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reikland List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikland List   Reikland List Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reikland List
Page 1 of 1