Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

few words on Witch Hunters

Go down 
+18
RationalLemming
Grimscull
Citizen Sade
Saranor
Von Kurst
mweaver
Mephysto
SerialMoM
folketsfiende
SaltyWendigo
BalrogTheBuff
qboid
StyrofoamKing
playtable
Aureus
shotguncoffee
Drayven
catachanfrog
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Aureus
Veteran
Veteran
Aureus

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

balance - few words on  Witch Hunters - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: few words on Witch Hunters   balance - few words on  Witch Hunters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Feb 2012 - 21:01

Yaaay! 100-dreth post in this tread cheers Don't mind me, I was kind of bored Cool
Back to top Go down
Zekk
Veteran
Veteran
Zekk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: few words on Witch Hunters   balance - few words on  Witch Hunters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Feb 2012 - 6:42

I dont really care if flagellents use daggers or not.

but the rules say you can only use weapons in your equipment list, and daggers are not in the flaggelent list.

same deal with night runners and the skaven, all the good stuff isnt in their list.. so, omg, cant use it!

but if you check all the equipment lists.. they All have daggers listed.
Back to top Go down
Aureus
Veteran
Veteran
Aureus

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: few words on Witch Hunters   balance - few words on  Witch Hunters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Feb 2012 - 15:40

Damn, If you put it this way. Tis, true - weapons not present on the list cannot be used without weapons expert. I'll have to give it some consideration.
Back to top Go down
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder
catachanfrog

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: few words on Witch Hunters   balance - few words on  Witch Hunters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Feb 2012 - 16:09

Now I am confused... I remember that someone advised me giving no weapons to my flaggs (ie they would fight with dagger only), so I'm not the only one. People, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Zekk
Veteran
Veteran
Zekk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: few words on Witch Hunters   balance - few words on  Witch Hunters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Feb 2012 - 16:26

if you gave them no weapons, then, theyd be fighting with their fists with the penalties associated.

you can house rule the dagger thing, nothing stopping that. but if someone in my campaign tried to arm flagellants with daggers, I would have more than enough grounds to stop them from doing so.... or by prescedent, them doing that would allow my pirates to use that set of weeping blades I acquired, without burning a skill Wink
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: few words on Witch Hunters   balance - few words on  Witch Hunters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Feb 2012 - 18:03

I have to admit that in the last couple of weeks I played two games with unarmed flagellants, without me or my opponent even thinking about playing them with anything other than a single dagger. Seems we were wrong, though.
Back to top Go down
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder
catachanfrog

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: few words on Witch Hunters   balance - few words on  Witch Hunters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Feb 2012 - 19:44

Their weapon list is one think. However they are :
1) humans, every human (except carnival of chaos brutes) has a dagger
2) I think it's designers though to equip flagellants with one weapon to have them one attack no matter what but idea that without flail or 2h weapon they have nothing is outrageous.
3)without their dagger they are even more expensive and weaker than previously
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: few words on Witch Hunters   balance - few words on  Witch Hunters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Feb 2012 - 20:36

No, I think it was intentional. They're not on the list for a reason.

That being said, if you want to start a flaggellant with a dagger, I don't think I would have a problem. However, they don't have daggers on their weapons list... which means, you CANNOT buy a 2nd for 2gc and get a second attack. One dagger, a morning star, or a flail. No other options.

Sure, I can understand if you're short on money, but with S6 attacks in the first round- DAMN! Why would you NOT want to?
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Zekk
Veteran
Veteran
Zekk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: few words on Witch Hunters   balance - few words on  Witch Hunters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Feb 2012 - 20:39

you can put a dagger in a flaggelants equipment list. he just cant use it.
and theres nothing stopping you from buying a dagger for another hero and moving it to the flaggelant. so that point is moot.

still cant use it though.

agreed though. Str 6... why would you ever consider arming it with a dagger!
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: few words on Witch Hunters   balance - few words on  Witch Hunters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Feb 2012 - 20:53

A flagellant without equipment in a starting list is better than an equipped one who doesn't make it in the list for monetary reasons - because he will get experience. At least that was my reason to include unequipped ones.
Back to top Go down
Aureus
Veteran
Veteran
Aureus

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: few words on Witch Hunters   balance - few words on  Witch Hunters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Feb 2012 - 14:54

StyrofoamKing wrote:

That being said, if you want to start a flaggellant with a dagger, I don't think I would have a problem. However, they don't have daggers on their weapons list... which means, you CANNOT buy a 2nd for 2gc and get a second attack. One dagger, a morning star, or a flail. No other options.

There is no doubt flaggellants have daggers (as everyone in Mordheim supposedly does), but they don't have it on their list.
Question is: Can they use daggers at all?

"You may buy additional equipment between battles, but your warriors may only use the weapons and armor listed in their warband entry" Warbands p. 2

It appears to me, that they have daggers, but they use them solely for purposes of eating and chastising themselves Smile

so, should a flaggellant be bought "unarmed", will he fight with his fists? scratch
There is only one more situation in wich flaggellant would have to fight unarmed: losing weapon via swordbreaker (and that would be a very, very rare occurrence)

Those rules are kind of silly, but it seems, that designers were determined to force their vision of flagellants.In the end their equipement choices are somewhat more restrained, but I don't think they are much weakened by that. From what I recall, we never played them that armed only with dagger , it is a new concept (suggested by me in this very thread Embarassed ) . Besides, they will still get that desired second attack quickly through leveling up, 33,3% chances for that in their first advance, and 50% in second (LGT does not count. After rolling LGT rest of the henchmen group rolls again). Flaggellants still are far more than decent at the beginning and they have great advancement perspectives.

Back to top Go down
Zekk
Veteran
Veteran
Zekk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: few words on Witch Hunters   balance - few words on  Witch Hunters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Feb 2012 - 19:10

could have a mace/hammer crit that knocks away your weapon. happened to me twice in my last game! total piss off I tell ya!
Back to top Go down
Aureus
Veteran
Veteran
Aureus

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: few words on Witch Hunters   balance - few words on  Witch Hunters - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Feb 2012 - 19:28

Zekk wrote:
could have a mace/hammer crit that knocks away your weapon. happened to me twice in my last game! total piss off I tell ya!

Well, that could be Smile Those are optional rules though, and our group doesn't use them. We are to lazy to try and remember all of them Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: few words on Witch Hunters   balance - few words on  Witch Hunters - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

few words on Witch Hunters
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5