HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 

Smelling Salts, Jungle Juice, and Antidotes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Smelling Salts, Jungle Juice, and Antidotes   Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 14:36

Smelling Salts - 10 +1D6 gc Rare 6 (One per model, One Use Only)
The model carrying a dose of Smelling Salts may administer them to a friendly Stunned or Stupid model within 1" during the beginning of the Recovery Phase as long as they are not Stunned or Engaged in melee.
The strong smell of the Salts will cause a Stunned model to immediately count as Knocked Down (and therefore will be able to stand up this turn!).
If used on a Stupid model the strong smell allows the model to reroll a failed Ld test for Stupidity. However this reroll must be used on the Models own Leadership.

Jungle Juice - 10 Gc Rare 8 (Rare 5 if the last game was played in Southlands or Lustrian Jungles)
(One Use Only)
The Inbiber of this nasty concoction of Alcohol and jungle plants gains the Drunken rule (as per Beastmen Centigor) for the duration of the battle. If this is combined with any other drug or alcohol the model may not search for rare items or Dramatis Personae after this battle due to the nasty hangover. They may still participate in exploration.

Antidote - 10 Gc Rare 5 (One Use Only)
Drug - The bearer of an Antidote may take it at any time as long as not stunned or Frenzied. The antidote will allow them to be immune to poison until their next recovery phase. Each recovery phase from then on (until it wears off) the model must pass a Toughness Test or return to normal. When used the model loses any benefit of any other drugs they are under. Alcohol is unaffected (other than Jungle Juice as the Antidote is still a Drug)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Smelling Salts, Jungle Juice, and Antidotes   Tue 10 Jan 2012 - 6:41

The smelling salts are a useful idea, but to have people buy them in my circle I would have to make them either cheaper or multi-use. Once per game would be enough.

Do people in your group use poison a lot? What makes people take it so often? The reason I ask is that in my group almost noone ever uses it (unless they get it for free) until late endgame because it costs so much and does so little. Even on the rare occasions someone buys it about the only poison they buy is Dark Venom.

Even if I buffed poison to the point people took it more often I think they would take Tears of Shallaya over the antidode because it is only 2d6 gold more expensive and 2 rarer (rare 7), but lasts the whole game. Perhaps make it d6 rare 5? Or rare 2 and d3 doses? Or perhaps lasts D3 turns? Oh, or T test in the recovery phase to stay immune to poison? Or just a flat 4+, or 3+ or something?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Smelling Salts, Jungle Juice, and Antidotes   Tue 10 Jan 2012 - 9:17

Poison is going to be abit more common in the Southlands. Several animals plus Zamula, Skinks, plants insects etc. will all have it. Plus there will be several ways to obtain it through exploration.

I intended the Antidote to mean the Toughness test to stay immune. I wanted it as a poor-man's tear. Plus I am planning on making things that would be rare outside the empire (like Tears of Shallaya) be a little harder to find, maybe.

So do people think best way to change the Antidote is to make it D6 gc rare 5; or make it when you buy it your get D3 doses?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smelling Salts, Jungle Juice, and Antidotes   Today at 14:47

Back to top Go down

Smelling Salts, Jungle Juice, and Antidotes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1