Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Campaign Bonuses

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
qboid
Elder
Elder
qboid

Trading Reputation : 0

Campaign Bonuses Empty
PostSubject: Campaign Bonuses   Campaign Bonuses Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jan 2012 - 20:53

Our new campaign will be objective based, warbands will earn Prestige Points for victories etc and these points will give certain benefits, as well as providing the mechanic (Location Rumours) for finding the objectives (which are the Spawn).

I am after some ideas of more bonuses that could be included.
So far i have these:

Prestige Points and Rewards

3, -1 to rarity rolls (only in settlement)
4, Skaven/Goblin Lair rumour
8, Spawn location rumour
10, +1 to all veteran xp rolls
11, May hire hired swords (only in settlement)
12, Spawn location rumour
15, -5% to all equipment bought (only in settlement)
17, Skaven/Goblin lair rumour
20, Spawn location rumour
22, +2 to veteran xp rolls
24, -2 to rarity rolls (only in settlement)
25, Skaven/Goblin lair rumour
29, -10% to all equipment prices (only in settlement)
30, Spawn location rumour
35, Lair rumour
33, 15% to all equipment prices (only in settlement)
40, Spawn rumour
45, Lair rumour
50, Spawn rumour

I envisage the campaign being over well before hitting 50 prestige points so the later rewards are possibly never going to be obtained, but i was looking at dropping some more things in the early points.
I cant think of any other minor bonuses that could be earned that aren't going to be possibly overpowered.
Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Zero2Hero-DK
General
General
Zero2Hero-DK

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

Campaign Bonuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Bonuses   Campaign Bonuses Icon_minitimeThu 5 Jan 2012 - 21:50

I really like the prestige point idea! It gives another perspective to the game, and be driven to achieve these bonuses as well.

I would recommend that you use the prestige points as a form of currency for "purchasing" the rewards. In this way, a warband will never be overpowered, and only a few of the rewards will ever be used!

One idea I've been thinking about is to place character bounties, for players. Say you create yet another bonus called, "Place a bounty" and in this way indirectly take out your nemesis leader, or some other overpowered character in the campaign. It could be a great laugh to see other warbands competing to claim the reward for killing this hero, henchman or leader Smile There's a lot of possibilities, really a nice thought! I might steal that prestige point idea for our own campaign.
I promise to return with feedback!
Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
http://Zero2Hero.tabletopgeeks.com
qboid
Elder
Elder
qboid

Campaign Bonuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Bonuses   Campaign Bonuses Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2012 - 15:55

ooh i like the bounty idea, that's cool.

It may not work for us as i think there are only two of us playing in the campaign, so we will have two warbands each, and both be playing one "npc" warband as well.

Buying rewards is a nice idea, i could see it working like perk tree's in mmo's, so if you went down the merchant tree you could buy the equipment cost perks for example.
But the reason i originally put them all in a continuous list is so that the "Rumours" could be achieved at set points values. I thought that might make for more aggressive play, as basically you have to fight to earn points.

At the moment i am thinking

1pt for each battle fought
1pt for a victory
1pt for capturing a Spawn
1pt for removing a Spawn from play
2pt for succesfully raiding an npc warband lair

This would probably make more sense if i posted the whole campaign design doc (a grand title for a couple of pages of my disorganised notes).

I will try to get it into a readable format and post it this week.
Back to top Go down
Zero2Hero-DK
General
General
Zero2Hero-DK

Personal Info

Campaign Bonuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Bonuses   Campaign Bonuses Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jan 2012 - 8:40

Yes, the idea was better phrased as perks indeed.

I understand the reason behind your "continuous-list", and I think it would work really well! Especially when you are so few in the campaign.
I have an idea concerning the rumors. The points could be substituted with heroes actually SEARCHING the rumors in the exploration-phase the same way one would search for rare items. Then the Prestige/Victory point perks could reduce the rarity of the search for rumors. This will force players to make a trade-off between power for the warband and rumors.
Since the rumors is indeed a requirement for finding NPC warband hideouts, and / or monster lairs, it is important to get these rumors in order to have the possibility to raid these POI (points of interest).

I believe this would make for aggressive play as well, since it indeed is a great advantage to raid these lairs

Oh man, I can REALLY see my self implementing this point system, it's awesome!
Back to top Go down
qboid
Elder
Elder
qboid

Campaign Bonuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Bonuses   Campaign Bonuses Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jan 2012 - 12:12

Interestingly i think that searching for rares is how Von Kurst and Playtables group did clues in their recent Toth Amon campaign.
Back to top Go down
Zero2Hero-DK
General
General
Zero2Hero-DK

Personal Info

Campaign Bonuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Bonuses   Campaign Bonuses Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jan 2012 - 12:50

I'll have a peek at that, and thanks for the inspiration :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Campaign Bonuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Bonuses   Campaign Bonuses Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Campaign Bonuses
Page 1 of 1