Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Hired Swords for Skaven Warband

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Arcuballis
Hero
Hero
Arcuballis

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

Swords - Hired Swords for Skaven Warband Empty
PostSubject: Hired Swords for Skaven Warband   Swords - Hired Swords for Skaven Warband Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2011 - 19:30

Well,

As I´m currently starting to make my skaven warband, in order to spicy up things a little bit I would like to know which are the Hired Swords and Dramatis Personae available to skaven...

As far as I could find in many sources, the only hired swords to me are the following:

- Warlock (core rulebook)
- Witch (Town Cryer # 13)
- Skryre Rat Ogre ((Town Cryer #25)
- Goblin Lantern Bearer (Fanatic Online #89)
- Old Prospector (Nemesis Crown Mordheim Supplement)
- Human Scout (Nemesis Crown Mordheim Supplement)

And Veskit (core rulebook) for Dramatis Personae

The warlock and Witch I can make from existing skaven models with some conversion work (the Plague priest and greyseer from the Screaming bell kit come to mind), the Skryre Rat ogre would be a major conversion project, but could be done also. The goblin lantern bearer I will make as a small skaven with a Wyrdstone detector like those "metal detector thingies" and the old prospector could be useful to a skaven warband with his blunderbuss and 2 handed pick, altough very costy in maintenance and prone to wander off... The human scout was a possibility too, but I´m not too keen on making a "skaven scout" carrying a bow...

Any others apart from these? I doens´t matter if it´s official, unnoficcial or experimental, only that it´s balanced and a little bit tested... Please bear in mind that I´m not looking for uber powerful hired swords, just something different to make from a modelist point of view...

Any help will be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Arcuballis
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Hired Swords for Skaven Warband   Swords - Hired Swords for Skaven Warband Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2011 - 22:15

Completely Unofficial, but here's 2 sources:

Sartosa: Jezzail Cannoner HS.

Sages & Mages: Rules for using alternate spell lists for the Warlock (ex. a Chaos Warlock), as well as a few other HS mages the Skaven can hire, like a Death Shaman, a Nurgle Emissary of Chaos, several types of Witches, etc.

https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/hs
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Arcuballis
Hero
Hero
Arcuballis

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hired Swords for Skaven Warband   Swords - Hired Swords for Skaven Warband Icon_minitimeWed 21 Dec 2011 - 16:59

Thanks for pointing me those, StyrofoamKing!

Will check the rules for mages & sages, and as for the Jezzail Skaven, he is mean!!!!! Not too sure if he will be too overpowered on my Mordheim campaign, it seems that in the Sartosa one blackpowder guns were more common... But may tweak it a little bit...

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Arcuballis
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hired Swords for Skaven Warband   Swords - Hired Swords for Skaven Warband Icon_minitimeWed 21 Dec 2011 - 17:11

Indeed, he was meant for Sartosa. He even has the rule "cannot be used outside of sartosa". However, if you want to pitch it to your group, they might find a compromise (like, need a rare search to find him [like a DP], higher hiring fee, etc.]

The balance is that the Misfire chart for the Jezzail is so much worse. A misfire result of 1 is DEATH, with a chance of taking out several around him.
Back to top Go down
Arcuballis
Hero
Hero
Arcuballis

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hired Swords for Skaven Warband   Swords - Hired Swords for Skaven Warband Icon_minitimeWed 21 Dec 2011 - 17:27

Hehehehehe, yes, that last part was the thing I liked the most - he´s pretty unrealiable like all skaven technologies...

As for balancing him a little bit, I may increase his hiring cost to 50 - 60gc, but maintaining the upkeep fee... What do you think? From other posts I´ve read from you it seems you enjoy making rules and balancing things on the game, which is always good!

Also, my goal was to make a Skryre themed warband, so he will fit in very well, altough I will use the Eschin official list, not the unofficial Skryre one... It was nicely done and looks very balanced (even more than the official one!), but I´m a little unsure about some things in it, using the really cool weapons like the Warpfire thrower and gatling gun cost too many points...

Cheers,

Arcuballis
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hired Swords for Skaven Warband   Swords - Hired Swords for Skaven Warband Icon_minitimeWed 21 Dec 2011 - 19:57

Which unofficial one? The semi-official one from Relics of the Crusade seemed pretty balanced, without TOO much obsession about big weapons. (Actually, it was written for a pre-gunpowder era, so you have to ADD weapons like warplock pistol back in!)
Back to top Go down
Arcuballis
Hero
Hero
Arcuballis

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hired Swords for Skaven Warband   Swords - Hired Swords for Skaven Warband Icon_minitimeWed 21 Dec 2011 - 20:11

No, I´m talking about the other one, from the Accursed Knowledge site... The one with TOO obsession with big guns... Wink
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hired Swords for Skaven Warband   Swords - Hired Swords for Skaven Warband Icon_minitimeWed 21 Dec 2011 - 21:26

Well, look at the Relics one. Add in Warplock pistols, and they fit the "feel" very well. I've never played them, however, but see no problem with them. Weaker than the default list, I would guess.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Hired Swords for Skaven Warband   Swords - Hired Swords for Skaven Warband Icon_minitimeWed 21 Dec 2011 - 23:10

If you have questions about the Clan Skyre warband from Accursed Knowledge then look at this thread.
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t4054-questions-about-skryre
It is a very good discussion on some of the ambiguities in the warband together with some good recommendations. PD even got the creator (I think) of that warband to add clarifications about this warband! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hired Swords for Skaven Warband   Swords - Hired Swords for Skaven Warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hired Swords for Skaven Warband
Page 1 of 1