Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Is Mordheim coming back?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Drayven
Knight
Knight
Drayven

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

Is Mordheim coming back? Empty
PostSubject: Is Mordheim coming back?   Is Mordheim coming back? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Dec 2011 - 6:11

So I'm starting to wonder if GW isn't planning on doing something with the Mordheim brand. Maybe I'm just optimistic but there's a few things going around that make me wonder.

1. GW asked TableTopGeeks.com to take down the roster builder which is odd for a game that is freely available.
2. All of the new terrain they've been releasing is very Mordheim friendly, including the ability to enter the buildings which isn't something you do in 40K/WHFB that often.
3. I don't remember the "taking it to the streets" PDF being up on the PDF page? http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=cat480008a&categoryId=1100010&section=&aId=5300009
4. I don't remember the manual being listed on the site before? http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1170085

Am I just making this stuff up or have these items been on the site all this time. My wife and I don't remember them being there.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Is Mordheim coming back?   Is Mordheim coming back? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Dec 2011 - 12:01

OMG... I hope you are right. New models, updated rules, more of everything. I would buy whatever box they make, just to support them. I havent been this excited since the release of skyrim (lets hope I wont be as dissapointed, though). IF this is the case, that is... we should make a petition from all on the site and send them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Is Mordheim coming back?   Is Mordheim coming back? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Dec 2011 - 12:56

Since they asked TTG to take down their Mordheim roster I think drawing too much attention to a forum with "Mordheim" in its URL may be a bad idea - remember what happened when they took down a Blood Bowl forum because of its name? Wink

I don't think the the "taking it to the streets" PDF is new. That resources download page has changed once or twice - the Orc and Goblin "Mob Rulez" PDF used to be there but was mysteriously removed a few years ago. Sad

I'd love to see a new Mordheim edition as well, but I don't think GW is about to do anything with it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Is Mordheim coming back?   Is Mordheim coming back? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Dec 2011 - 14:09

I'm afraid W.K. is right about this. While I can't do downloads to be sure, the Fanatic mag had an article "Taking It To The Streets" as an intro...this could just be a copy of that. Opening the link to The Rule Book it said "no longer available".
As a side note, we definitely DO NOT want to draw ANY attention to our Forum from G.W...they are not to particular about who they shut down. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Is Mordheim coming back?   Is Mordheim coming back? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Dec 2011 - 14:36

*sad face* I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part then...
Back to top Go down
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Is Mordheim coming back?   Is Mordheim coming back? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Dec 2011 - 16:59

I'd love it! If only to get more players in my area... I feel so lonely Sad
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Is Mordheim coming back?   Is Mordheim coming back? Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011 - 1:45

Or GW could just be fighting for their copyrights. To force someone to stop distributing something that cannot be distributed is a jerky thing to do, but they have every right to do, even if they don't plan to re-release.

Technically speaking, if you DON'T enforce a copyright, you might LOSE it. So, they might have to pull their weight gently (please remove this), when their only other options are losing the game forever or being forced to sue.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Mordheim coming back?   Is Mordheim coming back? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Mordheim coming back?
Page 1 of 1