Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

skaven movement

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Walgis
Warrior
Warrior
Walgis

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

skaven movement Empty
PostSubject: skaven movement   skaven movement Icon_minitimeThu 8 Dec 2011 - 17:31

Ok so only now i saw that Verminkin movement is 5. and the racial maximum is 6. Is there any way to increase it? i mean on lvl up you cant roll +MA. So whats the point of giving maximum racial Stat if you cant reach it? Smile
Back to top Go down
Dribble Joy
Veteran
Veteran
Dribble Joy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

skaven movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: skaven movement   skaven movement Icon_minitimeThu 8 Dec 2011 - 18:07

From the rulebook, page 82:

Quote :
Characteristics for certain warriors may not be increased beyond the maximum limits shown on the following profiles. If a characteristic is at its maximum, take the other option or roll again if you can only increase one characteristic. If both are already at their racial maximum, you may increase any other (that is not already at its racial maximum) by +1 instead. Note that this is the only way to gain the maximum Movement for some races.
Back to top Go down
Walgis
Warrior
Warrior
Walgis

Personal Info

skaven movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: skaven movement   skaven movement Icon_minitimeThu 8 Dec 2011 - 18:25

But its for heroes. for hencmen if you roll stat increase thats at its maximum or have been modificated once you have to roll again not choose Smile unles of course lads got talent and then hes a hero. but my Q was can hencman verminkin get Ma6 Smile
Back to top Go down
weeble1000
Hero
Hero
weeble1000

skaven movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: skaven movement   skaven movement Icon_minitimeThu 8 Dec 2011 - 22:32

I think the answer is no. The rule quoted above by Dribble Joy seems pretty explicit. For some races, increasing the Movement statistic is only possible by the described method, which as you point out is only relevant to Heroes. Thus, only Hero Verminkin can even have their movement statistic raised to 6 unless you are modifying the rules.

Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

skaven movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: skaven movement   skaven movement Icon_minitimeThu 8 Dec 2011 - 23:16

The rules are only for heros.

We house ruled it that it also applied to Henchmen but only for the WS/BS slot which is the only Henchmen slot where a choice is available. It sounded good to us in theory but is such a rare opportunity that I don't think that we ever saw an instance where the house rule was used though.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Walgis
Warrior
Warrior
Walgis

Personal Info

skaven movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: skaven movement   skaven movement Icon_minitimeFri 9 Dec 2011 - 8:01

Thanks for answers Smile i will try to suggest this house rule for our circle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

skaven movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: skaven movement   skaven movement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

skaven movement
Page 1 of 1