Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

vampire hunters report two up

Go down 
+9
Paboook
Mephysto
Von Kurst
DeafNala
SerialMoM
mweaver
Vagabond
RationalLemming
numbertenox
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

vampire hunters report two up - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: vampire hunters report two up   vampire hunters report two up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011 - 11:28

Straight roles. Unlucky! I'm glad that you are enjoying it even when it is tough. I think that a tough campaign (if you can survive) will result in the greatest sense of achievement.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Dorf

Dorf

PostSubject: Re: vampire hunters report two up   vampire hunters report two up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011 - 15:24

Actually it wasn't so much bad luck as Dorf's normal rolling. If I'm rolling for the bad guys he has to get lucky for nothing bad to happen. I think they're getting ready to fire me as a dice roller. I blow the odds about 50% of the time and normally that's in the wrong direction.

If there's no risk then it would be a boring game. Nobody's immune to the possibility of getting killed no matter how tough you are. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Dorf
Back to top Go down
CujoQuarrel
Youngblood
Youngblood
CujoQuarrel

PostSubject: Re: vampire hunters report two up   vampire hunters report two up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011 - 15:35

mweaver wrote:
Well, that's embarrassing.

Kingsburys fault.

Every dang time (I think some were crits however)

And the fact that I just now got my second set of armor finally.

Back to top Go down
qboid
Elder
Elder
qboid

PostSubject: Re: vampire hunters report two up   vampire hunters report two up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Jan 2012 - 19:31

Having read every word of both reports, i am eagerly awaiting number three!

Fantastic looking campaign in every respect!
Back to top Go down
numbertenox
Warrior
Warrior
numbertenox

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: vampire hunters report two up   vampire hunters report two up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Jan 2012 - 20:33

Third session is this weekend, so more soon! I should have released the rules by now; I'm blaming the holidays ;-).
Back to top Go down
http://hobbyblog.wargameweaver.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: vampire hunters report two up   vampire hunters report two up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Jan 2012 - 20:54

Holidays are a great source of excuses...a good excuse is something to be treasured. clown
Back to top Go down
Dorf

Dorf

PostSubject: Re: vampire hunters report two up   vampire hunters report two up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan 2012 - 13:04

Get ready for more disasters to strike our stout lads. I'm sure our guard will drop and they'll let me roll the dice. I fully expect things to get worse when I do. It's such a shame because I do love to roll the dice.

Dorf
Back to top Go down
kidterminal
Veteran
Veteran
kidterminal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: vampire hunters report two up   vampire hunters report two up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2012 - 8:02

Wow great report and I can't wait for the posted rules!
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: vampire hunters report two up   vampire hunters report two up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2012 - 13:54

Three scenarios.... I rolled for the baddies. Bad things happened to good people.

Numbertenox needs to write the battle report, but he has wife appeasement issues after being invaded by gamer nerds.
Back to top Go down
qboid
Elder
Elder
qboid

PostSubject: Re: vampire hunters report two up   vampire hunters report two up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2012 - 18:27

Could you give a quick explanation how you handle "the enemy" turns and strategy?

Are there any random elements, other than the forces they can field for a given scenario?

I'm just wondering,since you are all actively participating in the campaign, how are you keeping the enemy's choices "honest"?

edit: really looking forward to report three now!
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: vampire hunters report two up   vampire hunters report two up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2012 - 19:58

Campaign-wise, much of the Chief Vamp's actions are determined by card draws. When either he attacks (due to a card draw) or the players choose an action that leads to attack on his forces, generally Number Ten Ox runs the undead forces, although in the second wave of games it sounds like Dorf rolled for the undead. This latest wave of scenarios (last weekend), since I was visiting I ran the undead in the three fights/scenarios we had. Number Ten Ox is officially the campaign master, but I suspect in fights the undead are run by consensus, with this bunch of players (I received lots of good suggestions from the players about how best to slaughter their warriors).
Back to top Go down
qboid
Elder
Elder
qboid

PostSubject: Re: vampire hunters report two up   vampire hunters report two up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012 - 17:00

Heads up peeps, there is a new report up!
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: vampire hunters report two up   vampire hunters report two up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jan 2012 - 4:14

Great! I've read it and are thorougly enjoyed it. The author does a very good job at writing an exciting and informative battle report.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
qboid
Elder
Elder
qboid

PostSubject: Re: vampire hunters report two up   vampire hunters report two up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jan 2012 - 12:21

Report for turn 9 is posted as well now!

Well done Jim, your are reports are really good to read, and the campaign is getting quite tense to follow!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: vampire hunters report two up   vampire hunters report two up - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

vampire hunters report two up
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2