Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Game Counters and Wound Markers

Go down 
+3
DrHobo
The Yak
Arcuballis
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Arcuballis
Hero
Hero
Arcuballis

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

Game Counters and Wound Markers Empty
PostSubject: Game Counters and Wound Markers   Game Counters and Wound Markers Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec 2011 - 0:58

My fellow Mordheimers,

Since the models for my warband did not arrived yet and to give a break from my "Greyskull Castle" terrain project, I've decided to make some game counters for my soon to be campaign, as I think that laying down my models on the table (and being a clumsy person like I am) may damage my painting...

After some time thinking on what could represent a "Stunned" or "Knocked Down" model on the table without confusing the players, I've come with the idea of representing them with Cards! Since the original Mordheim box came with an enigmatic Reaper card on it, I draw inspiration from this and make a whole set of Game Counters and Wound Markers based on the Marseille Tarot Deck and some Medieval Woodblock prints.

I've created 6 Game counters (Stunned, Knocked Down, Hidden, Under Spell Effects, Fleeing and Animosity) and 6 Wound Markers, along with the back of the cards. Here they are:

Game Counters and Wound Markers Stunned

Game Counters and Wound Markers KnockedDown

Game Counters and Wound Markers Hidden

Game Counters and Wound Markers Fleeing

Game Counters and Wound Markers Ensorcelled

Game Counters and Wound Markers Animosity

Game Counters and Wound Markers 1wound

Game Counters and Wound Markers 2wounds

Game Counters and Wound Markers 3wounds

Game Counters and Wound Markers 4wounds

Game Counters and Wound Markers 5wounds

Game Counters and Wound Markers 6wounds

Back of the cards if you want to print it and make a "deck o'counters":

Game Counters and Wound Markers CardBack

Just save the images to your computer, print them (resize to your taste), glue on some cardboard and if you want weather them with some very diluted washes....

Hope you like them and enjoy using those counters as much as I enjoyed to make them!

Cheers,

Arcuballis
Back to top Go down
The Yak
Knight
Knight
The Yak

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Game Counters and Wound Markers   Game Counters and Wound Markers Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec 2011 - 1:43

These are great! Good idea I hate having to roll players over when they are stunned (snapped halberd anyone?). I like the artwork it really captures the Mordheim Vibe.

Thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
DrHobo
Champion
Champion
DrHobo

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Game Counters and Wound Markers   Game Counters and Wound Markers Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec 2011 - 9:13

Excellent work, I'm gonna make a set for my warband, although I'm really tempted to make my own graphics to fit my Carnival...
Back to top Go down
Bimbi
Hero
Hero
Bimbi

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Game Counters and Wound Markers   Game Counters and Wound Markers Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec 2011 - 14:54

very good idea ill do the same ill work on them when im resting on the scenery project thnx for sharing the idea
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Game Counters and Wound Markers   Game Counters and Wound Markers Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec 2011 - 20:06

This is a great idea! It has style (very dark ages kind of thing) and suits the purpose - and it keeps your miniatures intact!

Amazing artwork too. I was thinking of this kind of artwork when I thought of drawing my own miniature posters to stick on my terrain (but I failed miserably, as my drawing abilities are crap...).

Anyway, thanks a lot for the concept and the beautiful drawings.

Joao
Back to top Go down
http://fistful-minis.blogspot.co.uk/
Arcuballis
Hero
Hero
Arcuballis

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Game Counters and Wound Markers   Game Counters and Wound Markers Icon_minitimeThu 8 Dec 2011 - 0:06

Joao,

Unfortunatedly the beautiful drawings are not mine, the praise should be to some unknown artists from the XII to XV centuries which made the original ones! I have a very extensive collection of Medieval Woodcut drawings (I just love them!), and altough I´ve made some changes, taking pieces from here and there and combining some, the drawings were taken from the original ones - this is the real thing, directly fromthe Dark Ages of mankind! Wink Also, they are royalty and copyright free, being public domain, so feel free to use...

Also, it was interesting that you mentioned the posters... I´m currently working on them!!!!!!! Hehehe, great minds think alike! cheers

Just wait a little bit and hopefully by the end of this week I will post a full batch of around 30 posters to use in terrain projects, all of them with the same "look and feel"... You will have everything, from taverns and inns advertisements to execution lists and alchemy lab wall hangings... Stay tuned! Wink

Also, thanks everyone for the positive feedback!

Cheers,

Arcuballis
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Game Counters and Wound Markers   Game Counters and Wound Markers Icon_minitimeThu 8 Dec 2011 - 0:24

Wow! Terrific news, then. Very Happy

Since they're royalty free, where did you get them. I managed to get some medieval pictures and edited them accordingly to suit the posters I wanted, but I don't think they're royalty free...

Well, I'll be eagerly awaiting for those posters; I'm always curious to see what people come up with!

Joao
Back to top Go down
http://fistful-minis.blogspot.co.uk/
kidterminal
Veteran
Veteran
kidterminal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Game Counters and Wound Markers   Game Counters and Wound Markers Icon_minitimeThu 8 Dec 2011 - 9:46

These marker cards a great! I'll use them I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Game Counters and Wound Markers   Game Counters and Wound Markers Icon_minitimeThu 8 Dec 2011 - 12:17

Ooh, nice stuff. I'll have to resize them and wount use the backside (too lazy) but especially the first two are REALLY useful!
Back to top Go down
Arcuballis
Hero
Hero
Arcuballis

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Game Counters and Wound Markers   Game Counters and Wound Markers Icon_minitimeThu 8 Dec 2011 - 19:57

Grimscull, for me the best resize was of 45% of the original size... Small enough not to look too weid near the model, but big enough to see all the details....

Also, I´ve made a PDF with all of those markers on single pages, which will make it easier for people to print and resize them "in a batch", but I´m having some difficulties on how to put the PDF to be downloaded here... Any ideas?

And Joao, those pictures were taken from an old website which was offline now, I gathered this woodcuts collection around 8 years ago for a game I was developing at that time... But if you need something for your project, just tell me and I will try to find something suitable on my archieve...

Cheers,

Arcuballis
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Counters and Wound Markers   Game Counters and Wound Markers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game Counters and Wound Markers
Page 1 of 1