Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

optional rules. Throw enemy.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Walgis
Warrior
Warrior
Walgis

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

rules - optional rules. Throw enemy. Empty
PostSubject: optional rules. Throw enemy.   rules - optional rules. Throw enemy. Icon_minitimeMon 5 Dec 2011 - 21:50

Hi, im new to this forum and im new to this wonderfll game Smile
I read the rules really like them (it was easy to understand them as i play Warhammer FB). And i had some expierience with Hordes game. i really liked the option to throw enemy to enemy. is there any optional rules for throwing? Smile
If not meiby we can create them?
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: optional rules. Throw enemy.   rules - optional rules. Throw enemy. Icon_minitimeMon 5 Dec 2011 - 22:51

First off, welcome Aboard!

Second, there's no real rule set in Mordheim for throwing people. The closest is the Orc spell that pushes your opponent.

I think the hardest part is simplicity, I suspect. Maybe it's just an attack that automatically ignores armor, but can only knock the opponent down?
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Walgis
Warrior
Warrior
Walgis

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: optional rules. Throw enemy.   rules - optional rules. Throw enemy. Icon_minitimeTue 6 Dec 2011 - 8:27

Well i guess this would be available only for big things like oge, kroxigor, rat ogre.

"To pick up you need to do a S test, inches thrown is D6"+S (of thrower) -T (from victim). If target drops on ground he gets D3 S3 hits (like falling). if target hits a wall he gets D3+1 hits S3 hits. If target hits a model, friend or foe, he gets D3 S3 hits, model that got hit gets 2 S equel to T of thrown model." not OP i think Smile
Its fierly easy to throw but when you think that the big guy exchanges all his atacks for D3 S3 no AS (falling rules) im quite happy Smile
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: optional rules. Throw enemy.   rules - optional rules. Throw enemy. Icon_minitimeTue 6 Dec 2011 - 23:01

you would also have to roll to hit as I don't think to many small models would like to stand around and get picked up by an ogre or troll (we all know what trolls do to things they pick up).
Back to top Go down
Walgis
Warrior
Warrior
Walgis

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: optional rules. Throw enemy.   rules - optional rules. Throw enemy. Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec 2011 - 5:58

meiby not to hit as hes not hitting but I test for the bigguy, to represent him tying to catch that little man Smile
Back to top Go down
SaltyWendigo
Hero
Hero
SaltyWendigo

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: optional rules. Throw enemy.   rules - optional rules. Throw enemy. Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2011 - 22:21

Walgis wrote:
Well i guess this would be available only for big things like oge, kroxigor, rat ogre.

"To pick up you need to do a S test, inches thrown is D6"+S (of thrower) -T (from victim). If target drops on ground he gets D3 S3 hits (like falling). if target hits a wall he gets D3+1 hits S3 hits. If target hits a model, friend or foe, he gets D3 S3 hits, model that got hit gets 2 S equel to T of thrown model." not OP i think Smile
Its fierly easy to throw but when you think that the big guy exchanges all his atacks for D3 S3 no AS (falling rules) im quite happy Smile

Mordheim has so rules for falling and such. So I think it could be simplified.

Walgis wrote:
meiby not to hit as hes not hitting but I test for the bigguy, to represent him tying to catch that little man Smile

There should be something to represent a struggle for sure.

Heres an idea with some material used from the Nercromunda core book.

New Strength Skill:
Hurl Opponent
While in a combat instead of attacking normally, the attacker and defender each roll a D6 and add there strength, if the attacker hits his opponent you can throw him D6" in the direction of your choice. The thrown model takes a single hit equal to half the distance rolled. If it hits a solid object (such as a wall) before it reaches the full distance thrown it will stop there. If it hits another model, then both models take a hit equal to half the distance rolled and are knocked down. Note that the best way to use this skill is to throw opposing models off tall buildings! Trolls and Rat Ogres start with this.

Back to top Go down
Edyy
Captain
Captain
Edyy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: optional rules. Throw enemy.   rules - optional rules. Throw enemy. Icon_minitimeThu 22 Dec 2011 - 23:37

how about a roll to hit but using initiatives I of WS? (big things normally have low I so it wouldn't be too overpowered)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: optional rules. Throw enemy.   rules - optional rules. Throw enemy. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

optional rules. Throw enemy.
Page 1 of 1