HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 

Paperheim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Horatio
Knight
Knight

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Bretonnians (Unofficial) Bretonnians (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Paperheim   Tue 8 Nov 2011 - 20:23

Hello 'all! It's been a while!

This seemed like the best place to post this

Ever wanted to test out an experimental warband fresh from the forums, but weren't willing to sink tons of cash on a boatload of new models or parts? Ever converted a miniature with some awesome looking weapon only to have the character it represents change weapons by the next game? Ever wanted to introduce a new player to the game, but they were too intimidated by the startup workload?

Well, here is my solution to all of the above problems. May I present, the first edition of Paperheim:

The above paper model is roughly scaled to an actual 25mm heroic scale minigure. The base, when folded appropriately should be about the same size as an actual minifig. The only problem is the narrow profile of the figure created. Whenever an opposing player takes a shot at your paper figure, turn your warrior (for the moment) so that he is facing the shooter. Opposing players should be allowed to request this kind of "realistic view" anytime.

Setup is simple.
1) Save the above image to your harddrive
2) Print off as many copies as you have characters in the warband you want to make. (I would recommend putting multiple on a single page in MS Word or OpenOffice or something)
3) Draw whatever weapons or equipment. You can use the bottom squares to keep track of less visible items like lucky charms or spell books. Use pencil if you think you might want to change their equips around.
4) Cut along the solid straight lines using a hobby knife or scissors. Fold along the dotted lines.
5) Start playing!

You might also want to try using a computer image editor if you are really picky about covering up those lines.

Feel free to modify these however you want, just make sure that the CFM on the base remains intact, and that if you repost this paper model or any variant modified from it, that you link back to this original post.

Expect to see some awesome completed warbands by sometime tomorrow! (I am thinking Bretonnian Chapel Guard and Southland Safari'ers) I'd love to see what others do with these as well. If there is enough demand, I can make some scaled to other races. This one should do for humans, elves and the undead.

Enjoy,
Horatio
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Paperheim   Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 9:54

Nice. My buddies and I used to do this back in highschool when we were too broke to afford certain units. Prices have probably quadrupled since (this was back in 2nd ed 40k.).. so I can see this coming in very handy for a lot of people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Paperheim   Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 11:17

I got to admit that this is nothing for me. First, there are some other simple solutions to the problems you mention and second, being able to paint up some nice minis and give every single one the attention it deserves is the main reason I started Mordheim (and left WHFB behind). The "playing part" is sometimes a bit of an excuse for why I actually paint all these minis. So before I'd play a game using paper units, I'd take these hours and have a paint-session instead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Horatio
Knight
Knight

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Bretonnians (Unofficial) Bretonnians (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Paperheim   Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 14:34

I agree actually. I have spent much more of my time in this hobby painting than playing. Unfortunately, I've strayed a little bit from Mordheim in recent months, but I have two or three full warbands at this points. I made a whole slew of Tileans just because I needed a use for some awesome roman legionary models I had picked up. Unfortunately, I don't play enough to justify spending that that much more money on new units.

Also, I wanted something I could work on during class. It's much easier to smuggle in a sheet of paper and a pencil than it is to take your entire painting rig.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike
Elder
Elder

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Paperheim   Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 4:35

Check here http://onemonk.com/ for some great standees. Inexpensive and some free stuff. Nice for young ones or introducing new folks but I do love painting!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paperheim   Today at 1:38

Back to top Go down

Paperheim
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Painting and Modelling-
Jump to: