Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim

Go down 
+49
theomar pius
Fat Rat
Zab
Narcissus
Paul
Spectre76
harryford
monkeylite
JoaoS
Captain Bernhardt
SerialMoM
floedebolle
FKSN
Von Kurst
superscenic
Tewfik
shanks
si
Pirexian
Ash
Pfreck
Boreas_NL
lord siwoc
VonHagel
dalanshin
Culain
Drakbar
Josef Bugman
Chad
MagnoliaFan
Eliazar
Lord Xi
Hawkeye
jackanory
Kapitan_Hak
KingSkin
xarly22
JohnYoung
matt
Erkwin
Da Bank
Duce
Admin Tom
Tagnator
Ashton
DeafNala
Unwanted
cianty
Ezekiel
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Jan 2014 - 19:08

Awesome scenes! Love the use of the Citadel Woods on those hills and the base for swampy sections!
I feel DeafNala's frustration with that flat foliage. An utter nightmare. I use those trees without the foliage - which makes them even creepier and more effective. You can also do what my friend Tim does: bits of lichen as canopy:

http://lastchancewar.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/the-narrows.html

Going back to that hilltop and the tree and tombstones, your work is really inspiring me in using those GW trees on a raised section and make something like this (yes, I'm officially obsessed over The Brothers Grimm artwork):

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Grimgd10

Joao
Back to top Go down
http://fistful-minis.blogspot.co.uk/
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jan 2014 - 1:26

Love the swamp.

Hate the flat foliage that comes with the GW trees. Looking forward to it breaking off. (Playtable built a group of those trees last year. He keeps lamenting that the leaves won't stay glued on. How could THAT happen I wonder...) Woodland scenics sell clump foliage which looks much better, as do the other options suggested.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jan 2014 - 10:35

Thanks guys!

And Joao, I've a large number of Brothers Grimm artwork down here as well, it's one hell of an inspiration.
On that note, anyone seen the new Hobbit? LakeTown is brilliant inspiration! Smile

I've tried a number of other foliages over the years, but found that most dry out and keep falling or breaking off as well... But I might give it another try when these fall off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jan 2014 - 11:29

On the other hand, I found it quite realistic that the leaves recurrently keep falling - just like trees in Autumn! Wink

I posted some Brothers Grimm artwork in the Inspiration thread. Let me know if you have more of those. And Laketown, for that matter.

Joao
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jan 2014 - 13:44

Quote :
On that note, anyone seen the new Hobbit? LakeTown is brilliant inspiration!

Ain't it grand though! I expect the Karribean to see a stilt house building explosion soon.
Back to top Go down
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jan 2014 - 17:24

The "old-west" style is on the architecture, on these pictures for example :
Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Before10
Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Before%20the%20Comet%20cometh%20(6)
It remembers me some pictures from western movies :
Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Spaghetti+Location+1
Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 DSC_0074+FIXED
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jan 2014 - 18:04

Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jan 2014 - 19:55

Ezekiel wrote:
Here you go, we had a little game last sunday, and it was good! it was a 2vs3 monsterhunt game with the combined warbandratings being roughly equal. so we figured it should be good and balanced. We (I was on the 3 player side) bided our time, sending one player through the sewers to flank the enemy, and came to close quarters perfectly synchronised, forcing one of the 2 players to rout within the first turn of actual combat (turn 5) The second player devided his forces to have half of his band charging the monster (a Griffin holed up in the temple) and the other hand fending off the chargers which came from three sides.

In a freaky turn of events, and a stupid amount of luck on his dice rolls, he managed to kill whatever he charged or shot at (except the Griffin) but we couldn't dent his forces. Even goblins and squigs proved too hardened for our mercenaries and darkelf forces... or just our lousy dicerolls. The darkelf player and I routed in the same turn (turn 7) And the next turn our last player routed as well (shortly after the Orc player just making his rout roll) and the victory went to the enemy - who single handedly fended off 3 warbands with double his rating, AND a griffin... things were crazy... but we had a blast

only thing is we just took these scratchy photo's, no closeups. hope you feel the atmosphere though.

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 20131210

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 20131211

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 20131212

oh, and yes, that cabinet you see in the last picture I made this spring for the specific task to hold all my scenery and models. - sad thing is, the arena and fortress are too big to fit in, and it's already too small haha.

Ohhh baby your scenery is so awesome. Great job!
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Sep 2014 - 13:00

Hi guys, yet again it's been a while, but I'll assure you I've not been idle Smile and with pictures to proof it, you'll just have to believe me Wink

I decided I should really finish up on all the projects I had going on, so in good spirit I set to painting all the remaining parts of the cityhouses I had to do still, then figured they needed chimneys, details, balconies, some alterations to the floors to make them more playable and some more atmosphere in general, so I tore them apart again, and reassembled them in better ways and had to paint a lot of it again. but it is better playable, and breathes atmosphere Smile I haven't got many photo's of those buildings, but I do have some of the general additions I made to the town.

The marketplace is new, and so are the gallows (unfinished) and crosses for the witchhunters to use. I've added candles to a lot of buildings and will add more when I've picked up some more plastic rod. Then I'll also have to find a good place to work with my airbrush and add some dynamic lighting to the places with candles

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Imag1317

The tall building in the back has a sample of all the fully functional doors I've added to all the buildings which aren't ruins (except that one tower on the right (I can't acces the inside anymore.. need to fix that...

Then I found the town needs more crookedness, and decided to quickly remedy that by building this building:

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Imag1310

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Imag1311

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Imag1312

It's to be the undertaker, and will feature more details than it has right now (mainly coffins and tombstones) And since I'd just redone most of my buildings, I took care to make this one better playable right away, and feature some nicer windows.

Then, just to have something stand out a bit between all these big buildings I've recently made, I figured I should start with another big project (just to add to my already massive project which doesn't really get any love - the castle)  This will make the temple more versatile and combine it with the castle and the citywalls when desired.

A massive clocktower will be a big centrepiece of the town. I will make large murals on the walls and think I will add some steampunky clock, and some more details. for now however I'm stuck in making the rooftiles... takes forever!

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Imag1313

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Imag1315

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Imag1316

So there you have it, my current projects (aside from a truckload of random encounters to paint up Smile

hope you like it! CC always welcome.

cheers!
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Sep 2014 - 13:36

You have been busy! Love the marketplace thumbsup thumbsup
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Sep 2014 - 13:40

You have, indeed, been busy dreaming up some WONDERFUL CREATIONS. The twisted buildings are FANTASTICALLY imaginative & inspiring. The place has a DELIGHTFULLY bizarre atmosphere. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Sep 2014 - 22:07

Oh wow, seems like you´ve been busy since your last post, and what a nice outcome, love the crooked house and tower, very mordheimish, thumbs up!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Sep 2014 - 23:14

Oh, those twisted buildings! That looks so wonderful! A true homage to the fantasy artwork I grew up with back in the 80's!! Can't wait to see them fully painted and in all their glory on the tabletop!!

Joao
Back to top Go down
Blade Runner
Warrior
Warrior
Blade Runner

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep 2014 - 12:17

VERY, VERY:D Very Happy  NICE
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep 2014 - 14:41

Thanks a bunch guys! Smile

I've painted up the undertaker quickly yesterday - though details need to be added still, and I need to come up with a name that would fit the small sign...

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Imag1319

hope you like it
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep 2014 - 16:06

FANTASTIC! You have a WONDERFUL eye for colors. That statue supporting one of the upper stories is an UBERCOOL touch. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep 2014 - 21:34

Ha, I had that one piece laying about for 8 or 9 years now, but never found the right building to use it in, and now that I did, I had a really hard time getting a color on it, in the end opting for a rusty metal kind of look. I'm not entirely pleased with how it turned out, but I do like the thing finally being on a building! Now to scout around for more such items to add to the rest of the buildings. (if anyone knows of a company that produces gargoyles and other creepy details - preferably easily copied - let me know!)
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Sep 2014 - 3:17

That sounds familiar. I have things kicking around that I KNOW I will need/use someday. After decades, someday has yet to arrive.   clown
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Sep 2014 - 4:40

Quote :
Ha, I had that one piece laying about for 8 or 9 years now, but never found the right building to use it in

I've had that piece since Confrontation went on sale everywhere. Still haven't used it.

Great building thumbsup thumbsup
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Sep 2014 - 20:36

bounce

Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jan 2015 - 19:12

Right you lot, I've slapped some paint on my tower - which is far from finished... - and a bunch of walls, and figured you deserved some updates Smile

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Imag1610

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Imag1611
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jan 2015 - 23:02

Even in it's W.I.P. state that is a SPECTACULAR creation...all sorts  interesting angles with some WONDERFULLY warped features. FANTASTIC WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2015 - 14:24

cheers

Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jan 2015 - 3:45

More photos please!

Looks amazing by the way
Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Beer
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jan 2015 - 13:17

All the buildings and especially the tower are totally awesome. The walls with the Reapers on them, are they Scibor-bitz perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next