Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned

Go down 
+2
JoaoS
MasterofKatz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MasterofKatz
Hero
Hero
MasterofKatz

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Empty
PostSubject: WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned   damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011 - 9:45

I have to confess I'm a little into the whole punk thing, and so I decided some day to make a bunch of punk models just for fun. At first I thought about making a punk-themed Possessed warband, but after a while I changed my opinion. The only race in the Warhammer Universe that perfectly fits the punk cliché of drunken, bawling, troublemaking anarchist oafs messing around with and ruining everything are, of course, the beloved greenskins damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned 120792

After a while of sculpting I finally had made half a dozen models of gobbo punks and was so content with them that I decided to make a whole bunch of them and use them as a Mordheim warband. I just figured I could let them count as skaven without their magician, the rat ogre and their special equipment... After all, they're the only warband that has a goblinesque style of play, can use slings (throwing stones at people that piss you off is pretty punkish I guess!) and have pet rats, again fitting the cliché perfectly! Or perhaps I will use them as Ostlanders... after all, they can get drunken models, and I think I remember having seen a chaos ogre model with an iro... That could be fitting, too Laughing Please tell me which idea you like better...

At the moment I still have not totally figured out how to upload pictures, but as soon as I have, I'll post first pictures, I promise... Until then, any suggestions on how to expand my idea of a drunken, looting bunch of crazed goblin anarchists will be very much welcome!
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned   damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011 - 10:37

Hey MasterofKatz, I stumbled on these guys (not very cheap, but hey...), which might be of interest to get some more ideas:

damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned 0111

damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned 0211

damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned 0312

damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned 0411

damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned 0512
From here: http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=elfother

There are some GW pieces that might interest you too, like these guys:

damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Orkroc10
From here: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1490653&prodId=prod1130426

damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Animos10
From here: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1760004

In fact, the 40k range has some interesting packs that can be used for orcs:

damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Orkgre10
From here: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440265a&prodId=prod1750020

damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Thievi10
From here: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440265a&prodId=prod900120a

Joao
Back to top Go down
http://fistful-minis.blogspot.co.uk/
MasterofKatz
Hero
Hero
MasterofKatz

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned   damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011 - 10:42

Whoa, thanks a lot for that much inspiration!

I espescially like the grot models and the orc band member with the top hat... Although I don't think I'll use him as my band will consist of gobbos only, but perhaps I'll purchase him as some kind of hired sword later... he definetly looks quite cool... Smile
Back to top Go down
MasterofKatz
Hero
Hero
MasterofKatz

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned   damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Icon_minitimeTue 1 Nov 2011 - 0:25

damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned %3Ca%20href=damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Gobbopunks001</A>" border="0" /> Okay, I just uploaded some pics of the models I already finished. First of all, my Goblins (which will either be Kin, Verminkin or Forest Goblins... we'll see.)
Back to top Go down
MasterofKatz
Hero
Hero
MasterofKatz

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned   damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Icon_minitimeTue 1 Nov 2011 - 0:26

damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned %3Ca%20href=damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Gobbopunks003</A>" border="0" />
Back to top Go down
MasterofKatz
Hero
Hero
MasterofKatz

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned   damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Icon_minitimeTue 1 Nov 2011 - 0:27

damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned %3Ca%20href=damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Gobbopunks012</A>" border="0" />
Back to top Go down
MasterofKatz
Hero
Hero
MasterofKatz

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned   damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Icon_minitimeTue 1 Nov 2011 - 0:27

damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned %3Ca%20href=damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Gobbopunks013</A>" border="0" />
Back to top Go down
MasterofKatz
Hero
Hero
MasterofKatz

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned   damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Icon_minitimeTue 1 Nov 2011 - 0:29

damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned %3Ca%20href=damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Gobbopunks004</A>" Then some kind of barricade with lots of graffiti (it was really fun to paint!)
Back to top Go down
MasterofKatz
Hero
Hero
MasterofKatz

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned   damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Icon_minitimeTue 1 Nov 2011 - 0:30

damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned %3Ca%20href=damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Gobbopunks005</A>" border="0" />damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned %3Ca%20href=damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Gobbopunks006</A>" border="0" />
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned   damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Icon_minitimeTue 1 Nov 2011 - 0:37

He he he. Those little fellows have some attitude. I like the fact you used the gnoblars models, they're full of character. And the decorated bases, too!

Keep it up! damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned 387809

Joao
Back to top Go down
http://fistful-minis.blogspot.co.uk/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned   damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Icon_minitimeWed 2 Nov 2011 - 1:21

PRETTY COOL looking Little Guys! The Gnoblars are a favorite with moi, although I've been using them in combo with Night Goblin heads. VERY NICELY DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
MasterofKatz
Hero
Hero
MasterofKatz

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned   damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Icon_minitimeWed 2 Nov 2011 - 17:24

damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned 387809 Models I'm currently working on: damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned 40268

damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned %3Ca%20href= Meet A-Lex, one of my "Blood Brothers" (or Forest Goblin Braves or Black Skaven, whatever). Who get's the cautiously hidden reference? scratch damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Gobbopunks018-1</A>" border="0" />

damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned %3Ca%20href= Here are my three models to represent Ruffians (or Red Toof Gobbos or simply Verminkin). They're still unpainted, but I hope you can imagine how they'll look like...damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Gobbopunks011</A>"
Back to top Go down
5pointer
Elder
Elder
5pointer

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned   damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Icon_minitimeWed 2 Nov 2011 - 21:20

Where's the Droogs?! Wink

...or are you going to paint hte Ruffians to be on the old Milk-Plus? Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned   damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Icon_minitimeWed 2 Nov 2011 - 21:31

A-lex looks like one of the Blues Brothers. ..love that hat. What a Face
Back to top Go down
MasterofKatz
Hero
Hero
MasterofKatz

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned   damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Icon_minitimeThu 3 Nov 2011 - 10:24

Blues Brothers? Don't they wear sunglasses and black suits? Very Happy

Hmmh, I certainly could add some droogs later on, however right now I'm content with A-Lex being the only one who has the CO look... it makes him stand out more, and in a crowd of gobbos that's important for a boss I guess^^

Here are some photos of my now finished "Blood Brothers": Johnny and A-Lex.

damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned %3Ca%20href=damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Gobbopunks020</A>" damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Gobbopunks021</A>" damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Gobbopunks023

</A>damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Gobbopunks022</A> damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned %3Ca%20href=

Finally, here is a first unpainted picture of my Elder (Chieftain/Assassin Adept) I converted from scrap. Dunno how to name him though... I'm tending towards either Otze, Spiritus Rector or something completely different.damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Gobbopunks019</A>"

Coming soon are the painted drunkies, some models to use as Sluggas if I decide to go with the Forest Goblin list, and some kind of orc hired sword that I'd like to give a skinhead look. Already have the name "Romper Stomper" in my head...

By the way, any suggestions what to use as a Priest of Taal/Shaman?

Greetings and thanks for your comments,

MasterofKatz
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned   damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Icon_minitimeThu 3 Nov 2011 - 12:35

MasterofKatz wrote:
Blues Brothers? Don't they wear sunglasses and black suits? Very Happy

The shades are part of the Blues Brothers' mystique; it was the fedora that brought them to mind. That aside , the Lads are coming along VERY WELL. The Head Honcho & his bearer are REALLY COOL. GOOD WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned   damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Icon_minitimeThu 3 Nov 2011 - 13:48

completely awesome! keep it up you have had quite the start Smile
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
renfield286
Captain
Captain
renfield286

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned   damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Icon_minitimeThu 3 Nov 2011 - 20:47

I like a bit of ultra violence. A-Lex is pretty awesome.
heck, they all are. Good show.
Back to top Go down
http://renfieldin28mm.6sided.net/
MasterofKatz
Hero
Hero
MasterofKatz

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned   damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Icon_minitimeFri 4 Nov 2011 - 18:09

damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned %3Ca%20href=damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Gobbopunks025</A>" border="0" />

Thank you all for your nice comments, they really keep me going on. Usually I get bored of painting models in the same style pretty soon.

Here is what I have finished today:

BLERP BLERP BLERP... The drunkies are ready to get brawlin'!</A>

damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Gobbopunks027</A>damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Gobbopunks026</A>damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Gobbopunks029

While working on my still unfinished boss, I suddenly remembered having forogtten one of the most important chlichés about punks! After that, I just couldn't help but convert and paint a beggar model. Of course, I'll use it as a beggar hired sword, as the rules state that it can be hired by every warband, even Ostlanders. This little fellow is also quite an hommage to a person who I know, but haven't seen in a while, who also made a living by scrounging (although I guess he didn't have to), so I gave the git his nickname.

</A>damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Gobbopunks030</A>damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Gobbopunks032</A>damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Gobbopunks033
</A>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned   damned - WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WIP Chaos Days 2013: City of the Damned
Page 1 of 1