Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

No, not another Swede

Go down 
+2
Von Kurst
Per
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Per
Warrior
Warrior
Per

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

No, not another Swede Empty
PostSubject: No, not another Swede   No, not another Swede Icon_minitimeSun 30 Oct 2011 - 22:50

..or just that. Another Swede. Razz

Anyhow. I've been lurking here off and on, and decided that it was finally time to become a tad more active. I will probably test out Mordheim sometime soon and have a warband incoming for me to build and paint (Beastmen). I also have some Skaven models that will become a warband at some point in time.

I'm 20-something closing in very fast on not-20-something anymore and I'm living in Stockholm, Sweden. My time is mostly caught up in between school, work and exercise, but in between there somewhere I get some gaming in. Mostly Blood Bowl at the moment, but also some 40k and some Starcraft 2.

I will be trying out Mordheim in a most casual way using the terrain we have for Warhammer Fantasy (I'm more of a 40k player than Fantasy, so I hope to increase the amount of terrain I have as I go).

I'm not that good of a painter or modeller, but I like doing both and I'm not too picky with my paintjobs. I do take quite a lot of time doing it (as in slow painter, not that it shows) but should perhaps try to finish more and start less. Cool

Any year now I hope to post some pictures of my Mordheim miniatures to come.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: No, not another Swede   No, not another Swede Icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011 - 0:44

Welcome to the forum! There are several of your fellow Stockhomians already here. Sweden seems to be a great place to find a Mordheim game. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: No, not another Swede   No, not another Swede Icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011 - 3:12

COOL ANOTHER SWEDE! Some of my favorite Folks around the Forum are Swedes. SO...WELCOME ABOARD Fearless Leader Tom's Sleep Yet Ubercool Nonetheless Mordheim Forum. Have a FUN stay! cheers

Fear not, if you love painting, you will eventually get pretty good at it. If you post some photos of your stuff, I guarantee you'll get advice & encouragement. What a Face
Back to top Go down
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: No, not another Swede   No, not another Swede Icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011 - 12:31

Welcome, fellow swede!
Back to top Go down
Per
Warrior
Warrior
Per

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: No, not another Swede   No, not another Swede Icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011 - 16:49

Thanks for the warm welcome. I promise to post some pictures as I make progress with the warband(s).
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: No, not another Swede   No, not another Swede Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011 - 4:16

Swede here. In the US. San Diego heading to the East coast probably.
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: No, not another Swede   No, not another Swede Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011 - 5:47

Welcome, Per, from not-even-remotely-a-Swede. I think you will enjoy this site, which has a lot of talented and friendly people.

I think Mordhiem will encourage you to develop your modelling and painting skills in a way Warhammer and 40K, since the models represent individual characters.

Back to top Go down
Per
Warrior
Warrior
Per

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: No, not another Swede   No, not another Swede Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jul 2014 - 22:25

Whoops. I'm back!

We actually did play some. My Beastmen did quite good, as did Skaven. Awesome game. Lots of fun. Didn't continue for long I'm afraid.

It's time again. Last time I built some Beastmen and built and painted a Skaven warband. I have no hope to achieve something even remotely as nice as most of the stuff posted here, but it will hopefully improve over time.

Coming up is Undead and Reikland, to be built and painted during late summer and fall. Some Stockholm butts will be whooped in Mordheim soon. I hope. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: No, not another Swede   No, not another Swede Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2014 - 14:13

WELCOME HOME! It's always good to see one our Fellowship return. Have FUN reacquainting yourself with the place.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: No, not another Swede   No, not another Swede Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2014 - 16:26

Hey Per,
Welcome back.

VK
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: No, not another Swede   No, not another Swede Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2014 - 21:57

So, you have an account on TBMF? Didn't know about that. Perhaps we can persuade some of the others to register as well...
Back to top Go down
Per
Warrior
Warrior
Per

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: No, not another Swede   No, not another Swede Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul 2014 - 11:01

My plan then was to stop just lurking around the place for all the goodies that are constantly being posted here and start to post (not nearly as epic) stuff of my own. We didn't play for so long and I went back to lurking here now and then when I wanted inspiration for painting or modeling.

The people we will be squashing(I hope=) in Mordheim are not much in the ways of forum people. We could give it a try though. We can post our battle reports here so they have to come here to read them.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: No, not another Swede   No, not another Swede Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul 2014 - 13:36

Most folk will be here for a varying amount of time & then drift off into other things while a small core of die hards keep the place going. It is a much more rewarding experience participating however. There is a certain  fellowship that develops between the Forumites. Even if you drift off you will be remember by the folks you interacted with & the contributions you made with your posts. SO have a FUN stay!   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No, not another Swede   No, not another Swede Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No, not another Swede
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Welcome Newbies!-
Jump to: