Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Rare items on your starting list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
scamy

scamy

Trading Reputation : 0

list - Rare items on your starting list Empty
PostSubject: Rare items on your starting list   list - Rare items on your starting list Icon_minitimeFri 7 Oct 2011 - 20:08

Hey, I'm new to Mordheim. Been playing Necromunda for a while though.

I've seen some starting lists where people have equipped rare items from the warband's weapon list (For example, an assassin adept starting with a warplock pistol). I didn't see anywhere in the rules that this was allowed cause normally you would have to roll for it. Did I just miss it? Is it a common house rule or something?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Rare items on your starting list   list - Rare items on your starting list Icon_minitimeFri 7 Oct 2011 - 20:21

if it's on your warbands equipment list then yes you can start with it with out a roll and only pay the stated price. After that you will need to roll and pay the price on the master list.

Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Rare items on your starting list   list - Rare items on your starting list Icon_minitimeFri 7 Oct 2011 - 21:22

As Pervavita said.

Some warbands(including official GW ones) do have initial access to rare equipment, and sometimes at a reduced price. The rationale is that in the warband's homelands these items are more commonly available than they are around Mordheim. Hence, you can buy them without a roll when first creating warband, but not subsequently.

My group does have a house rule where, if a rare item is on your starting equipment list, any of your heroes searching for it receive a +1 to their roll.
Back to top Go down
Dribble Joy
Veteran
Veteran
Dribble Joy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Rare items on your starting list   list - Rare items on your starting list Icon_minitimeFri 7 Oct 2011 - 22:27

Yup. If it's on your equipment list it can be bought at warband creation at the listed price.

As clarified in the Errata, any subsequent purchase of such an item must be made as per the usual rules for rare items. This is particularly important when recruiting henchmen into a group that is armed with rare items.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rare items on your starting list   list - Rare items on your starting list Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rare items on your starting list
Page 1 of 1