Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Gargoyles and other building accessories

Go down 
+7
renfield286
luckyjoe
Pervavita
FKSN
Von Kurst
DeafNala
Milnosh
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Milnosh
Hero
Hero
Milnosh

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers
Achievements earned: none

Gargoyles and other building accessories  Empty
PostSubject: Gargoyles and other building accessories    Gargoyles and other building accessories  Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011 - 16:43

Hey everyone, apologies if this has been answered before:

I've made a few buildings now and I'd like to spruce them up with some gargoyles, icons etc like the fluff says most Mordheim buildings have. However I can't seem to find any decent gargoyles etc for sale, does anyone know of any?
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Gargoyles and other building accessories    Gargoyles and other building accessories  Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011 - 17:05

This time of the year: i.e., right before Halloween, is a GREAT time to check out the craft stores. They normally have quite a selection of Halloween decorations including Gargoyles; PLUS most of the stores are starting to discount the stuff in preparation for Thanksgiving (in the USA) & Christmas decorations.
In past years, I've gotten all sorts of cool & useful stuff. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Milnosh
Hero
Hero
Milnosh

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Gargoyles and other building accessories    Gargoyles and other building accessories  Icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011 - 10:21

That's a great idea DeafNala! I'm a bit delayed but i'll start searching around all the Halloween stuff now. It's also the other things i'm looking for, pretty much any accessory that people use to decorate the exterior of their buildings?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Gargoyles and other building accessories    Gargoyles and other building accessories  Icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011 - 13:24

I used to hit the jewlery section of Micheals and the like.

For lots of inspiration and a few links check this thread--

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t2693-my-own-little-corner-of-mordheim
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Gargoyles and other building accessories    Gargoyles and other building accessories  Icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011 - 15:10

GOOD CALL, Von Kurst! The eye pins, head pins, & jump rings are great for embellishing doors & such. Some of the filigree beads & brooch pieces make fine lanterns & wall decorations. If you browse your way through the store with an eye for possible uses & an open mind, you'll find a treasure trove of useful stuff.

You might get more responses if I were to move this thread to the Scenery Section. Say the word & I'll do so. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Milnosh
Hero
Hero
Milnosh

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Gargoyles and other building accessories    Gargoyles and other building accessories  Icon_minitimeThu 3 Nov 2011 - 11:49

Yes please for the move DeafNala!

Thanks a lot Von Kurst, I really like all your ideas in your thread Very Happy so i'll be stealing some of them!

I didn't manage to find much in the Halloween shops and unfortunately no Micheals in the UK Sad

The kind of things I am looking for are like those in this picture, but anything similar in size and coolness, without having to but the whole scenery box sets!

Gargoyles and other building accessories  NewBitmapImage
Back to top Go down
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Gargoyles and other building accessories    Gargoyles and other building accessories  Icon_minitimeThu 3 Nov 2011 - 12:33

As is often the case, Antenociti has something to offer:
http://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/set-of-6-gothic-corbels.html

edit: d'oh, out of stock.
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Gargoyles and other building accessories    Gargoyles and other building accessories  Icon_minitimeThu 3 Nov 2011 - 14:41

This won't help you find any but if you already have some use Instant Mold to make more:

in the tutorials there is this great vid to help use it: https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t5126-instant-mold
Back to top Go down
luckyjoe
General
General
luckyjoe

PostSubject: Re: Gargoyles and other building accessories    Gargoyles and other building accessories  Icon_minitimeThu 3 Nov 2011 - 17:36

Charms for charm bracelets can also work well for ornaments. You can pick those up pretty reasonably in places like Hobby Lobby in the beading section. Sorry I don't know of a UK equivalent.
Back to top Go down
renfield286
Captain
Captain
renfield286

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Gargoyles and other building accessories    Gargoyles and other building accessories  Icon_minitimeThu 3 Nov 2011 - 21:27

Hobbycraft is the nearest thing we have i think.

I also scour charity shops, £1 land \ 99p stores & The works. sometimes I get lucky.
Back to top Go down
http://renfieldin28mm.6sided.net/
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Gargoyles and other building accessories    Gargoyles and other building accessories  Icon_minitimeFri 4 Nov 2011 - 0:51

luckyjoe wrote:
Charms for charm bracelets can also work well for ornaments. You can pick those up pretty reasonably in places like Hobby Lobby in the beading section. Sorry I don't know of a UK equivalent.

Bingo! That's what I was thinking. Sometimes I go on eBay and check what they have under crafts or beads (in the process I might even find something for my girlfriend!).

Here are two possible searches:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=gargoyle&_sacat=14339&_odkw=&_osacat=14339&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Jewellery-Making-/150045/i.html?_nkw=gothic&_catref=1&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

Joao
Back to top Go down
http://fistful-minis.blogspot.co.uk/
utu
Hero
Hero
utu

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Gargoyles and other building accessories    Gargoyles and other building accessories  Icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011 - 4:43

Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Gargoyles and other building accessories    Gargoyles and other building accessories  Icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011 - 11:37

utu wrote:
http://www.rafm.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RAF&Category_Code=GAR

Good one, utu. I didn't know about these. Very stylish!

There's a company that has a few bits and pieces on gothic architecture:

http://www.fantascene.net/cart/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=12

Joao
Back to top Go down
http://fistful-minis.blogspot.co.uk/
Arcuballis
Hero
Hero
Arcuballis

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Gargoyles and other building accessories    Gargoyles and other building accessories  Icon_minitimeTue 15 Nov 2011 - 1:56

Milnosh wrote:
The kind of things I am looking for are like those in this picture, but anything similar in size and coolness, without having to but the whole scenery box sets!

Gargoyles and other building accessories  NewBitmapImage

Well, if you want these, check out here:

w w w . hoardobits . com (could not post a proper link, I'm too newbie... Wink )

Go to "Bitz | Warhammer | Terrain | Chapel" on the left top menu... There you can find not only the exact bitz you want but many others also... I'm quite used to buy from them and never had any problem. Their shipping costs also are quite cheap, I only pay USD 2.5 for shipping to Brazil... I've recently purchased a big bunch of bitz from them to start my terrain, and bought all of my skaven as bitz for my warband.

Also, the other advice was very sound, craft stores and cheap jewelry are your friends! Wink

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Arcuballis
Back to top Go down
5pointer
Elder
Elder
5pointer

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Gargoyles and other building accessories    Gargoyles and other building accessories  Icon_minitimeTue 15 Nov 2011 - 22:17

hoardobits also sell on ebay if you'd prefer. I've bought loads from them (including some of those very bits in the photo!), great service and good prices.

A few other bits stores stock bits and bobs taken from the scenery kits, so have a look around - I'm sure there is a directory of reputable bits stores in one of the stickies here.
Back to top Go down
utu
Hero
Hero
utu

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Gargoyles and other building accessories    Gargoyles and other building accessories  Icon_minitimeSat 26 Nov 2011 - 22:13

I ordered some stuff from hoard o' bits as well. Got a great deal and reasonable shipping time.
Back to top Go down
Milnosh
Hero
Hero
Milnosh

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Gargoyles and other building accessories    Gargoyles and other building accessories  Icon_minitimeFri 2 Dec 2011 - 13:12

Thanks a lot for all the links guys! Lots to play with here, and I managed to get hold of the corbels from Antenociti which are brilliant! Still looking around for more miniature curios, i'll post any up I find.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gargoyles and other building accessories    Gargoyles and other building accessories  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gargoyles and other building accessories
Page 1 of 1