Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Tales of Freidachtshafen

Go down 
+4
zelophahad
Admin Tom
WarbossKurgan
DeafNala
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Tales of Freidachtshafen Empty
PostSubject: Tales of Freidachtshafen   Tales of Freidachtshafen Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jul 2008 - 15:04

Freidachtshafen, Venice of a Sort

Long before Mordheim was reduced to smoldering ruins by the Hammer of Sigmar's Holy Wrath, there was a Haven of Magic both Benevolent & Foul, a refuge for the Inventive Mind of those Devoted to Things Mechanical, a Safe Harbour to Pirates & Smugglers, a Realm of Tolerance [sometimes]. This was &, to a lesser extent, is Freidachtshafen. How it has become a collection of interconected islets inhabited by Warring factions is a story worth the telling [edit: I HOPE].

It's present reduced state may be attributed to the paraoid nature of a Race of Rat like Creatures called Skaven. Finding Acceptance to be an Unacceptable state, these Skaven pursued their Treachous Agenda in the myriad of tunnels beneath the Island of the Haven City.

"THERE, there it is!" Cheddar Sneek gazed at the Wyrd Stone Shard, THE Ultimate Wyrd Stone Shard. Through the swirling mists of foul smelling gas, that the Goblin Inventors used to fuel their Creations, A Rock of Wyrd stone sent its pulsaing rays of glaring green light off to illuminate itself & the cavern it occupied. The Pinnacle of the Shard touched the cavern roof some scores of meters above & all but filled the cavern floor below.
"Quick, quick the torch" Thus spoke the late Cheddar Sneek, as he stepped toward the Ultimate Object of His Race , lit torch in paw, into the HUGE pocket of NitroMethane gas, AND HISTORY. These are the last Words heard before the Cataclysm that created what is now Freidachtshafen, the Floating City of the Mad.

Last edited by DeafNala on Tue 6 Oct 2009 - 13:53; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Freidachtshafen   Tales of Freidachtshafen Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jul 2008 - 15:11

DeafNala wrote:
a Safe Harbour to Pirates & Smugglers,
I like the sound of this place! Tales of Freidachtshafen 665330
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Freidachtshafen   Tales of Freidachtshafen Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jul 2008 - 15:29

There, it's started.
This is to be a solo project, at least for the moment; a story to be played out via games, possibly with the aid of Friend John, & illuminated with poor pics, if I can enlist the assistance of Our Noble & Fearless Leader, Blessed of Sigmar, Tom.
Feel free to borrow any ideas that strike your fancy, Oh Gentle Reader.

@WarbossKurgan: I thougt/hoped you my find it appealing.
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Freidachtshafen   Tales of Freidachtshafen Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jul 2008 - 11:40

LOL!

So THAT'S how Freidachtshafen got blown up and wyrdstone shatterd all over the place Very Happy

Very funny Deaf! Well done.

Of course you may enlist my services. Rest assured, I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we are eagerly expecting pics of that table.

zelophahad
Knight
Knight
zelophahad

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Freidachtshafen   Tales of Freidachtshafen Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jul 2008 - 17:00

We certainly are. Good to see a good narrative developing too - that's what Mardheim's all about in my book!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Freidachtshafen   Tales of Freidachtshafen Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jul 2008 - 13:52

zelophahad wrote:
We certainly are. Good to see a good narrative developing too - that's what Mardheim's all about in my book!

AMEN!
I WILL DO My UTMOST, poor as that may be, to meet your expectations. All I have to do is write the story, build the scenery, paint the minis, & play some games: PIECE OF CAKE! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Freidachtshafen   Tales of Freidachtshafen Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jul 2008 - 16:20

Great Start Deaf!

I am eager for the story to continue and the town to appear. =]
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Freidachtshafen   Tales of Freidachtshafen Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jul 2008 - 16:24

Sounds very intersting!
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Freidachtshafen   Tales of Freidachtshafen Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jul 2008 - 18:37

DeafNala wrote:
All I have to do is write the story, build the scenery, paint the minis, & play some games: PIECE OF CAKE!

lol!

I vote to make this the year's motto.

Andy
Veteran
Veteran
Andy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Freidachtshafen   Tales of Freidachtshafen Icon_minitimeMon 4 Aug 2008 - 20:34

Hah, this is great stuff. I love how a clumsy rat started it all. lol!

More, we say!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Freidachtshafen   Tales of Freidachtshafen Icon_minitimeWed 6 Aug 2008 - 12:35

LIFE GOES ON

Wastrel McWhack, BrewMeister, Inventor, & Undisputed Fearless Leader of the Red Brotherhood, gazed forelornly at the ruins of what HAD BEEN his Famed Mushroom Distillery & Saloon. His drug crazed mind was whirling through a myriad of possibities: "Well", looking at the gaping holes in walls & ceiling & stepping nimbly out of the way of a falling section of upper story flooring, " it's a warm clime & doesn't rain ALL that much. Could be worse."

Maude, the Patron Goddess of Night Golbins, had spared The Great Mushroom, stretching toward the heavens like a gesturing digit, Although much of the structures attached to her side were somewhat the worse for wear, The Great Furnace, Methane Pipes, & The Still were untouched. Looking skyward, the Observatory looked to be okay; it WAS at a rather more jaunty angle that before, but otherwise fine; AND following the line of the telescope out over the newly formed bay, he could make out Fast Flo's Fun House. "Maude be praised! It's still there. Bless'em some of the floosies were waving suggestively at the peering lens of the telescope."

At the end of the bar, was a great pile of glowing stones from which the mushrooms had begun to spout. Protruding from the stones was a hand: Recognizing a large & particularly tasteless ring on one of the rigid green fingers..."Poor Dog Breath took a hard one there. Still the 'new rock garden' will add a touch of class to the Joint."

As he pocketed the ring, a smile slowly crept across his face, a gleam grew in his beady little eye. Turning to look at the remains of his band of followers staring around dejectedly: "Right then, Lads: Business as usual.""

Last edited by DeafNala on Fri 8 Aug 2008 - 18:27; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Freidachtshafen   Tales of Freidachtshafen Icon_minitimeWed 6 Aug 2008 - 18:13

lol! lol!

ROFLOL

Great work!
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Freidachtshafen   Tales of Freidachtshafen Icon_minitimeWed 6 Aug 2008 - 19:44

Wow! I love your narrative Nala! You can really sense the good old McWhack plotting! haha, I love to see where this leads!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Andy
Veteran
Veteran
Andy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Freidachtshafen   Tales of Freidachtshafen Icon_minitimeWed 6 Aug 2008 - 19:48

Fast Flo's Fun House - genius. lol!

Can't wait to see it made up as a scenery piece. alien
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Freidachtshafen   Tales of Freidachtshafen Icon_minitimeWed 6 Aug 2008 - 20:03

Thanks for the kind words!

@ezekiel: As a Fungus Friend, I have to say I LOVE your mushrooms!

@Sizzling Gromril: Fast Flo's and the Mushroom Distilley & Saloon are underway; hopefully in a couple of weeks they'll be enshrined in TBMF to gaze at in wonder [as in "I wonder what could have possesed the Old Fool to make THAT" Suspect ].
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Freidachtshafen   Tales of Freidachtshafen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tales of Freidachtshafen
Page 1 of 1