Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more.

Go down 
+2
Gherma
Nanod
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nanod
Youngblood
Youngblood
Nanod

Trading Reputation : 0

Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more. Empty
PostSubject: Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more.   Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more. Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2011 - 4:43

Hey! I would like to share this link that I found on the internet

http://home.deds.nl/~zaansewarhammer/MordheimRulebook.pdf

its the rule book with all(most) of the races(warbands) and lots of other stupid stuff that me and my group banned from our mordheim games.
I hope if there would be any comment on what you guys think of this PDF file(as in OP warbands, weak warbands, overpowerd skills and underpowerd skills etc etc)

I tryed to search for anything like this, but all i found was links that leaded to nothing.

Anyways if ur interested take a look! give me your feedback on what you like/did not like Smile (no i did not make it)

(off topic) (and my thoughts about stuff for this book/mordheim)
o
Me and my friends banned all Elven races since they seem to be To strong compare to the cost of the unit, honestly... UNLESS anyone can link me a well nerfed elven warband for mordheim that would be great Very Happy

The skaven races seem to all have 6 heroes (beside the skryre with 5, but 2 spell casters) do you think it would be best if all skaven was nerfed down to 5 heroes like skryre?
They have the advantage of having 20 warband members so it shudent be to long before getting "the lads got talent"

those was just some off topic things I like to hear some feedback to aswell Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Gherma
Hero
Hero
Gherma

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Chaos Dwarfs (BTB) Chaos Dwarfs (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more.   Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more. Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2011 - 14:42

Very interesting and userfull... but many warband are very different from the original rules
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more.   Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more. Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2011 - 17:59

quite a compendium, some of the stuff is new to me at least.
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more.   Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more. Icon_minitimeSun 4 Sep 2011 - 18:48

Hey, Nanod.

Here is the link to a thread where I posted a nerfed Shadow Elf warband, which has some discussions from the Tomnosenti:

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t5657-shadows-elves-again

Actually, while I found the GW shadow elves and various wood elf fan-made bands over-powered, I have not found the same with the Dark Elves. In part it is because the only missile weapon they have access to is danged expensive, which means they are slower to develop into a full-bore pincushion-anything-that-moves warband, and also (like the dwarves) the fact that two of their starting heroes don't benefit from many of the DE strongpoints (the fell blades being unable to take missile weapons). Also, I suspect, it is because the DE warbands I have started have all been seriously unlucky. I don't think any of them have ever not had at least one hero killed in the first couple of games.

In regard to the Skaven: in my experience, the skaven are fine. They have weak points (horrible leadership, no access to long-range shooting), so the sixth hero helps balance that out.

-Michael
Back to top Go down
Nanod
Youngblood
Youngblood
Nanod

PostSubject: Re: Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more.   Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more. Icon_minitimeMon 5 Sep 2011 - 17:58

mweaver wrote:
Hey, Nanod.

Here is the link to a thread where I posted a nerfed Shadow Elf warband, which has some discussions from the Tomnosenti:

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t5657-shadows-elves-again

Actually, while I found the GW shadow elves and various wood elf fan-made bands over-powered, I have not found the same with the Dark Elves. In part it is because the only missile weapon they have access to is danged expensive, which means they are slower to develop into a full-bore pincushion-anything-that-moves warband, and also (like the dwarves) the fact that two of their starting heroes don't benefit from many of the DE strongpoints (the fell blades being unable to take missile weapons). Also, I suspect, it is because the DE warbands I have started have all been seriously unlucky. I don't think any of them have ever not had at least one hero killed in the first couple of games.

In regard to the Skaven: in my experience, the skaven are fine. They have weak points (horrible leadership, no access to long-range shooting), so the sixth hero helps balance that out.

-Michael

Ty Very Happy one of us in our group asked to play a elven warband in mordheim, ofc since they are banned we kinda dident want to bring em in... only if we nerf them! and this looks pretty good! 4 heroes? consider their stats + hard to find new members. I think ill talk to my friend about this! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more.   Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more. Icon_minitimeMon 5 Sep 2011 - 18:30

If he decides to run them, I am very curious to see what all of you think - they have not been playtested yet. I have created a band for our next (collaborative) campaign, but we may not start that campaign until November, it looks like.

I still need to finalize the recruitment bit, incorporating suggestions that people made.

-Michael
Back to top Go down
Krayduk

Krayduk

PostSubject: Re: Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more.   Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more. Icon_minitimeWed 7 Sep 2011 - 5:47

The wood elves get 3 dryads AND a Treekin? Seems a bit overpowered. It also says they get up to 3 treekin in the warband building section but it says 0-1 in the treekin discription.

Amazon equipment was included in the epuipment section, but the amazon warband was not included...

The Dwarf Ranger list seems a bit overpowered compared to the treasure hunters. You gain access to magic, but lose black powder. hmmm Black powder weapons are expensive and unreliable so most warbands dont start with them anyway. Then you get Longbeards, which are way better then anything else in the Treasure hunter army, and you can take up to 5 of em. Seems a little "Beardy" I'd take a longbeard over a Thunderer that I cant afford to give a gun to anyday.

3 Vampire army lists and no Lich, or necromancer lists... drat, pluss the Undead Troll, should probably be called a Flesh Golem.

anyway thats my first impression

But the rest of the rules in one spot is fantastic. I think I will copy this whole thing and just add the couple of warbands I think are missing, and change some of the warbands that are there.

Back to top Go down
Nanod
Youngblood
Youngblood
Nanod

PostSubject: Re: Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more.   Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more. Icon_minitimeWed 7 Sep 2011 - 15:38

Krayduk wrote:
The wood elves get 3 dryads AND a Treekin? Seems a bit overpowered. It also says they get up to 3 treekin in the warband building section but it says 0-1 in the treekin discription.

Amazon equipment was included in the epuipment section, but the amazon warband was not included...

The Dwarf Ranger list seems a bit overpowered compared to the treasure hunters. You gain access to magic, but lose black powder. hmmm Black powder weapons are expensive and unreliable so most warbands dont start with them anyway. Then you get Longbeards, which are way better then anything else in the Treasure hunter army, and you can take up to 5 of em. Seems a little "Beardy" I'd take a longbeard over a Thunderer that I cant afford to give a gun to anyday.

3 Vampire army lists and no Lich, or necromancer lists... drat, pluss the Undead Troll, should probably be called a Flesh Golem.

anyway thats my first impression

But the rest of the rules in one spot is fantastic. I think I will copy this whole thing and just add the couple of warbands I think are missing, and change some of the warbands that are there.

Yeah I found many of these rules really wierd aswell, but like you said its a good thing to take if anyone wants some added warbands, skills or other stuff.
Its a nice list Smile

like the skaven Skryre, we nerfed the posion windglobe down from. (BS(to hit) + 1d6 4+ on each hit + injury role 1d6 5+) down to (BS(to hit location) + scatter dice with 2 hit sides(if missed on that role it scatters 3 inches "double if BS has missed") + s3 hit on each hit + injury (if 1 is scored on the BS, then a scatter dice will be used from the skavens location with 1d6 inches away from him, if a friendly is hit, take the test as if he was an enemy "but no XP s gain from the friendly fire") hope you understood ;P

but if anyone has a differant PDF mordheim bbook, then I sure would like to see it Very Happy

Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more.   Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more. Icon_minitimeWed 7 Sep 2011 - 23:44

You may already know this, but the revised Mordheim rulebook + some additional material is available as PDF downloads from GW:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=cat480008a&categoryId=1100010&section=&aId=5300009

Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more.   Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more. Icon_minitimeThu 8 Sep 2011 - 2:43

Most of the reprinted stuff in that PDF is pretty balanced (as balanced as it was when it first came out, at least.)

Some of the newer stuff I'm hesitant about. Example:

Cult of Khaine
0+ Witch Elf - 35
M WS BS S T W I A LD
5 4 3 3 3 1 6 1 8
Frenzy

REALLY???? Let's have a warband have unlimited fighters with M5, WS4, I6, who pass all fear tests and have DOUBLE attacks. For 10gc more than your average warrior.

A few warning bells are ringing in my head over one or two of them. If your group grabs them, please do, there's some neat stuff in there.. but far from an official update.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Nanod
Youngblood
Youngblood
Nanod

PostSubject: Re: Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more.   Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more. Icon_minitimeThu 8 Sep 2011 - 17:51

StyrofoamKing wrote:
Most of the reprinted stuff in that PDF is pretty balanced (as balanced as it was when it first came out, at least.)

Some of the newer stuff I'm hesitant about. Example:

Cult of Khaine
0+ Witch Elf - 35
M WS BS S T W I A LD
5 4 3 3 3 1 6 1 8
Frenzy

REALLY???? Let's have a warband have unlimited fighters with M5, WS4, I6, who pass all fear tests and have DOUBLE attacks. For 10gc more than your average warrior.

A few warning bells are ringing in my head over one or two of them. If your group grabs them, please do, there's some neat stuff in there.. but far from an official update.

an semi elven race Razz they seem OP no question about it Very Happy its always ncie to have them on the option list and if some one happen to want to play them, then just print em out and nerf em with a black marker Smile remove frenzy etc etc i dunno Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more.   Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Full (unofficial) rule book. (PDF web browser) and more.
Page 1 of 1