Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.

Go down 
+29
Rhydderch
cutp
Dragonhunter
Grimscull
BigD
flipchuck
Paboook
maxxev
Lanyssa Ryssyll
WarbossKurgan
Von Kurst
Ninja Goblin
Kradlo
Spectre76
Dreng Tromm
werekin
Illuzionist
mr_harold
floedebolle
Captain Bernhardt
kidterminal
JoaoS
Mephysto
shotguncoffee
cianty
Repeter
DeafNala
skywatcher
HellspawN
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
HellspawN
Warlord
Warlord
HellspawN

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned:

mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Empty
PostSubject: Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.   mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug 2011 - 0:16

Hello!
My next Mordheim board is supposed to represent a undestroyed Mordheim corner... or another city to play in... this will look like a mix between Mordheim and Cadwallon, the game created by Rackham... or not. I'm not really sure about the final appearance of it all because the only thing i made by now is... this!
mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Tabletopworldwaterwells
yes.
It's a little well. From Tabletop world.
But you can see arkose and blue stone!
Haha!
Mmmmh...
Yes, I know it's the weakest first message of a topic of all time!
Sorry.

Oh, just one thing: I'll soon talk about house rules managing night and day cycles... with evil warbands weakened under the light of the burning sun and good ones sleeping under the moonlight... Warbands with variable effectives in case of night or day. Strange, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
skywatcher
Warrior
Warrior
skywatcher

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.   mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug 2011 - 18:55

Nice start to a board. I really like the look of the roof with all it's uneven wood and the metal cap. Great work!
Back to top Go down
http://oppositionforce.blogspot.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.   mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug 2011 - 19:59

COOL little well...it painted up GREAT! Knowing what WORKS OF WONDER you've already produced, I look forward to seeing what new TREASURES you come up with. Shocked
Back to top Go down
HellspawN
Warlord
Warlord
HellspawN

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.   mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug 2011 - 1:04

The well... bigger pics!
mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Puitsdsmallmordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Puitsasmallmordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Puitsbsmallmordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Puitscsmall

The statue of Morr from the new GW graveyard (ooops, sorry, "Garden of Morr!).
mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Statuemorrfacemediummordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Statuemorrdosmedium

Some statues always usefull in sceneries.
mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Statuesdiverses

Just un beginning. Quite ridiculous but... err...
Two kids, a wife, a new house to build, a job... so much ideas and no time to work at!
Back to top Go down
Repeter
Hero
Hero
Repeter

PostSubject: Re: Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.   mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug 2011 - 13:05

I know they are pre-paints, but it might be worth it for you to check out the Wizard Tower and cottages from Pegasus. They are cheap and look very good for this project.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.   mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug 2011 - 13:21

From such simple beginnings GREAT THINGS will arise...keep telling yourself that Suspect .
The close ups show off just how well done the well is done. The bronze effect on all the statues is really striking & the one from Morr's (Victory) Garden is especially nice. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
HellspawN
Warlord
Warlord
HellspawN

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.   mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug 2011 - 15:10

Repeter wrote:
I know they are pre-paints, but it might be worth it for you to check out the Wizard Tower and cottages from Pegasus. They are cheap and look very good for this project.
Yes!
Pegasus Hobbies, Tabletop-World, Custom Kingdoms, CT-Scenery, Miniature Building Authority... Is that it?

DeafNala wrote:
From such simple beginnings GREAT THINGS will arise...keep telling yourself that Suspect .
The bronze effect on all the statues is really striking & the one from Morr's (Victory) Garden is especially nice. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Easy to make. 4 colors: only Prince August ones.
If you ask for it gently, I can explain! Wink
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.   mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug 2011 - 18:23

Very nice! I That statue of Morr looks great! Love the flowers!
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
shotguncoffee
Warlord
Warlord
shotguncoffee

PostSubject: Re: Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.   mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011 - 3:30

wow very good
Back to top Go down
HellspawN
Warlord
Warlord
HellspawN

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.   mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Icon_minitimeTue 8 Nov 2011 - 13:56

The watch tower from Tabletop World... it's slow but my table is growing...
=> The slideshow
mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Tower01

Last edited by HellspawN on Sun 22 Jan 2012 - 21:52; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.   mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Icon_minitimeTue 8 Nov 2011 - 14:31

AN INSPIRING PIECE! The building is BEAUTIFULLY crafted & HIGHLY imaginative. I love the Disc World Wizards inhabiting the place...WONDERFULLY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Mephysto
Veteran
Veteran
Mephysto

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.   mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Icon_minitimeTue 8 Nov 2011 - 18:26

Beautiful scenery so far! I am looking forward to following the table grow. thumbsupSmile

HellspawN wrote:
Repeter wrote:
Yes!
Pegasus Hobbies, Tabletop-World, Custom Kingdoms, CT-Scenery, Miniature Building Authority... Is that it?
Conflix and PMC Games make very nice ones, too. Oh, and do not forget the Scenery Bloke (Shanks on this forum). Smile
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.   mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Icon_minitimeWed 9 Nov 2011 - 23:59

Not to dismiss Pegasus, Conflix or PMC (they do make good models for reasonable prices), but the looks and quality of Tabletop stuff is streets ahead any of those, so I guess you're doing the right thing by sticking to the same kind of highly detailed architecture.

And like DeafNala, I love those DiscWord minis, they look gorgeous against that beautiful watchtower backdrop. By the way, I've heard their scale is bigger than the average 28mm scale. Can you confirm this? They look like they match the tower's scale...

Joao
Back to top Go down
http://fistful-minis.blogspot.co.uk/
HellspawN
Warlord
Warlord
HellspawN

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.   mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011 - 16:30

The MicroArtsStudio minis are mixable with the GW minis without any problem. The proportions are quite different in the way they are sculpted (GW looks a little "super deformed" and MicroArtStudio looks more caricarural but with more realistic proportions, I think).
I plan to play these Discworld minis with specific rules during Mordheim games and I know this will be great!
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
kidterminal
Veteran
Veteran
kidterminal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.   mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jan 2012 - 3:13

Very nice. The figures are from disc world corret?
Back to top Go down
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.   mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jan 2012 - 21:13

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img812/2412/statuemorrfacemedium.jpg

These are all magnificantly painted! but could you pretty please explain how the Bronze effect was painted? pretty please??? I love you Razz
Back to top Go down
HellspawN
Warlord
Warlord
HellspawN

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.   mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jan 2012 - 17:43

The timbered house by Tabletop World.
The slideshow
mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Timberedhouse01Medium-1
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.   mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jan 2012 - 20:15

That is just BEAUTIFUL! I love the way you did the roof. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
HellspawN
Warlord
Warlord
HellspawN

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.   mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jan 2012 - 10:08

Thank you, it's cool to get an answer.
I've posted these pictures in many forums and I only get one answer: yours!
Is the Warhammer/Mordheim community so busy these days? Laughing
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.   mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jan 2012 - 11:51

Thank you for posting. Replying to a post that I've enjoyed is the least I can do. What a Face
There seems to be a disconcerting tendency of late for Folks to only respond to posts within their own threads, or in threads that have a similar theme to their own. Since I draw motivation from the replies I receive, I feel it's only right to respond in kind...it's part of the good fellowship thing. AND I do look forward to your updates. clown
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.   mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jan 2012 - 19:42

Great painting skills, i am in awe!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
HellspawN
Warlord
Warlord
HellspawN

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.   mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2012 - 21:51

Okay...
The little chapel from GW, now.
I think I won't use the statues with the chapel, I'll use those statues with another scenery piece. The chapel is supposed to be a small house of cult... not very rich...
mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Chapelle09Medium=> The slideshow

I tried to apply the same scheme on every house... which includes this chapel... Is GW compatible with Tabletop World? Yes, I think so! Tell me what you think about it. Do they work together or not at all?
mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Vuedensemble1A-03Medium
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.   mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2012 - 22:45

VERY NICELY DONE! thumbsup The three buildings work well together;the Tower,appropriately, is the most impressive. For what it's worth, I think the little Chapel looks much better without the statues. What a Face
Back to top Go down
mr_harold
Hero
Hero
mr_harold

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.   mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2012 - 23:34

Great looking buildings, are you able to use the insides as well?

I look forward to see your completed table.
Back to top Go down
http://clearhorizonsalvage.blogspot.com/
HellspawN
Warlord
Warlord
HellspawN

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.   mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jan 2012 - 0:34

Thanks!

mr_harold wrote:
Great looking buildings, are you able to use the insides as well?
The Tabletop buildings are made for this. The little GW chapel isn't.
Look at the Slideshows to see the interior of the timbered house and the one of the tower!
mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. 387809
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.   mordheim - Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hellspawn's vision of Mordheim... in another city.
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next