Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Falconer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Falconer Empty
PostSubject: Falconer   Falconer Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011 - 0:43

Falconer
v0.1 11-Aug-2011
By Balrog The Buff
30 gold crowns to hire +15 gold crowns upkeep

Falconers are individuals who lovingly train and raise various birds for hunting or combat. Many of these people make their way to the Southlands and hire themselves out to warbands seeking fortune, fame or simply for the thrill of the hunt.

May be Hired: Any human, Halfling, Elf (other than wood elves) or Dwarf warband may hire a Falconer.
Rating: A Falconer increases a warband's rating by +15 points, plus 1 point for each Experience point the has. His Combat Bird raises the rating by an additional 5.

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Falconer 4 3 3 3 3 1 4 1 7

Weapons/Armour: Heavily Padded Glove (Buckler), Sword, Throwing Knives, Combat Bird

SPECIAL RULES
Carefully Trained: The falconer’s pet roll on the henchmen advance chart, rerolling any lads got talent results. This is rolled immediately after hiring. If the Combat Bird dies the replacement rolls again.

Mark of the Beast (Combat Birds): Any Combat Bird within 6” may use the Falconer’s leadership.

Attached: If the Falconer’s Combat Bird is ever slain the warband must pay immediately to buy him a new one (35 gc as per the Pet rules). If they do not he leaves the warband.

SKILLS: A Falconer may learn from Beastmastery (Not Animal Slayer), Combat or Shooting skills.

Note: I vaguely remember a Falconer from another warband or a HS from another setting, can anyone point me to that so I can see what changes may be appropriate?
Back to top Go down
shotguncoffee
Warlord
Warlord
shotguncoffee

Falconer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falconer   Falconer Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011 - 1:33

asp made one that could reveal hidden enemies, methings Smile
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

Falconer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falconer   Falconer Icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011 - 16:51

Not seeing the falcon's stats anywhere... might be convenient to repost them.

I agree with Shotgun- the greatest asset of using birds of prey is not the fact that they can attack, but that they can track down anything.

I see two ways of doing this:
1. Using a model for the falcon, with stats of his own.
2. Making the hawks a simple "missile attack".

Falconer Special Rules:
Dive: You may target any enemy model within 12" of the Falconer, even an enemy that's in Hand to Hand combat. Make a Ballistic Roll, with no penalty for long range or cover: on a successful roll, the model is hit with a S3 attack. If you roll a natural 1 to hit, the falcon automatically misses and the defender has managed to hit the falcon. It cannot be used for the rest of the game. After the game, roll 1D6: on a roll of 1-2, the falcon dies and costs 15gc to replace. Taking a falcon out does not grant experience nor count towards a casualty for routing.
Seek Out: At the start of any turn, your falconer immediately spots one hidden enemy model of your choice that is within 12". He may not use this if the falcon is taken out of the game.
Away: Instead of using a Dive attack or firing a missile weapon this turn, you may have the Falconer send the falcon to to Away. While the falcon is Away, the range of your Seek Out is extended to 36". Also, the next time your falcon makes a Dive attack, it has a range of 36". After making a dive attack, your falcon is no longer considered Away. (I.e. you can make a 12" attack every turn, or a 36" attack every other turn.)
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info

Falconer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falconer   Falconer Icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011 - 17:40

Knew I forgot something! From my Southlands Pet List:

Combat Bird - 35 gold crowns to train
These are trained Hawks, Falcons or other birds. They are swift and dangerous, but difficult to train.
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
3 3 0 3 2 1 4 1 5
Weapons/Armour: Talons and/or Beak
SPECIAL RULES
Avian: Combat Birds may fly 12” instead of normal movement. This may be used to charge or move up or down in elevation. Combat Birds also never take damage from falling unless Stunned.

Small and Swift: Combat Birds have the skills Step Aside and Dodge.

Fragile Boned: Due to their hollow bones and fragile wings Combat Birds subtract 1 from their serious injury rolls if taken OOA.

Go for the Eyes: Combat Birds attacks have a -1 armor save modifier and always get a critical hit on a 6 to wound. Their attacks use the Piercing Critical chart if using Advanced Criticals.

Diving Charge: If the Combat Bird charges it is counted as a Diving Charge and is resolved at +1 Initiative.

Difficult to Train: Only a hero may train a Combat Bird.

The Goal of some of these HSs is to give some access to the animal mechanics to warbands that don't necessarily get them to begin with.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

Falconer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falconer   Falconer Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug 2011 - 23:56

Ah, gotcha. Then I recommend you do what I did with Sartosa, with the Exploration Chart:

666 Returning a Favor
You call in the favour of a fellow soldier of fortune, reminding him for the hundredth time how you helped him with that thing, that one time, back in the countryside of somewhere. Remember that? You gain the services of any one Hired Sword (choose from those available to your warband) for the duration of the next battle, free of charge. After the battle he will depart, or you may continue to pay for his upkeep as normal. In addition, if you pick the Slayer Pirate (Mytokk), Swashbuckler (by Daniel Logee) or any Hired Sword introduced in the Sartosa campaign, the Hired Sword also forsakes his first upkeep cost.

Although with you, it'd be "Any Hired Sword introduced in the Southlands Supplement." You might also include other HSs that fit the theme, like the Araby Snake Charmer and the Lustria Big Game Hunter.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info

Falconer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falconer   Falconer Icon_minitimeMon 15 Aug 2011 - 7:08

That will be in there for sure! When i saw that in your Sartosa rules I immediately was set on it! Also I am thinking of using a variant of the cargo crates rule for some scenarios.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Falconer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falconer   Falconer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Falconer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Rules and Gameplay-
Jump to: