HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 

Kamau, The Emissary of the Old Ones

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Kamau, The Emissary of the Old Ones   Thu 11 Aug 2011 - 16:36

v0.1 11-Aug-2011 (Edit 24-Aug-2012)
By Balrog The Buff

May be Hired: Any non-chaos Human, Lizardman or Halfling warbands. Conditions for hiring are as per Bertha, but will only work when fighting a Chaos or Skaven warband. (Muíauíri count!) Kamau will never fight against a Zamula or Lizardman warband. (Obviously this applies to multi-player games primarily)

Kamau was chosen from his Zamula village by a Slann Mage Priest to be the Emissary of the Old Ones in keeping Chaos from spreading throughout the Southlands. He was trained by the Skink Braves in the ways of war and jungle survival. He wanders around the Southlands looking for suitable situations to use his skills to preserve the Southlands from the threats to the Old Ones' plans.

Rating: Kamau increases the warband rating by 60

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Kamau 4 5 4 4 3 2 5 2 8

Weapons/Armour: Javelins, Spear Thrower, Spear of the Cosmos, Shield, Light Armor, Hide Cloak, Helm of the Crested Rat

SPECIAL RULES

Sprint, Leap Up, Jump, Step Aside

Cold Hearted: Being raised and trained by Lizardmen has made Kamau ruthless and callous in the execution of his duties. Kamau rolls 3 dice and chooses the two lowest for Psychology tests.

Expert Swimmer: Kamau does not have to roll for drowning even when stunned, although is still limited by water features as normal.

Poisoned Javelins: On a six to hit Kamauís javelins automatically wound. Roll for critical hits as normal.

Spear of the Cosmos: Counts as a magical spear that gains +1 S against Chaos or Skaven models. The Spear ignores armor and cannot be parried. Kamau will never lose his spear and it cannot be destroyed by any means short of direct divine intervention!

Helm of the Crested Rat: Kamauís magical helm is adorned with hair from several Southlands Crested Rats which coat their furs in poison by rubbing along certain plants. The Helm of the Crested Rat counts as a helmet, grants immunity to poison and any model attempting to hit Kamau and rolls a 1 to hit is instead hit by a S2 poisoned attack that can never get a critical hit.

Last edited by BalrogTheBuff on Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 15:33; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Kamau, The Emissary of the Old Ones   Tue 1 May 2012 - 0:09

I think he sounds a little too goody good. Maybe instead he was stolen by the lizards as a baby and can't really communicate his message to the tribes (don't speak tribal language)? I don't really see Lizardmen and humans as buddies even though they both are "good" guys. There should be more friction and tribal warfare between the groups Smile

What is a spear thrower by the way?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Kamau, The Emissary of the Old Ones   Thu 23 Aug 2012 - 7:05

Spear thrower is a piece of gear from my Southlands project. It increases the range of javelins and gives them 'cutting edge' like an axe.

Kamau is intended to be the anti-chaos version of someone like Bertha from Mordheim. He's in it to be a 'rubber-band' mechanic for teams who are struggling against a powerful evil team.

And "fluff"-wise he is supposed to be cold hearted and brutal, and dedicated to protecting the old one's plan. He is revered as a demi-god stalking the jungles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Kamau, The Emissary of the Old Ones   Thu 23 Aug 2012 - 14:57

BalrogTheBuff wrote:
Spear thrower is a piece of gear from my Southlands project. It increases the range of javelins and gives them 'cutting edge' like an axe.

Aha, okay Smile

BalrogTheBuff wrote:
Kamau is intended to be the anti-chaos version of someone like Bertha from Mordheim. He's in it to be a 'rubber-band' mechanic for teams who are struggling against a powerful evil team.

It's cool with some non chaos, however you also have the explorer dude as anti evil. Is there really any differnce between chaos and evil? Might just be too much with two anti evil DP in the same setting.

BalrogTheBuff wrote:
And "fluff"-wise he is supposed to be cold hearted and brutal, and dedicated to protecting the old one's plan. He is revered as a demi-god stalking the jungles.

Very nice! I didn't get that from his description but that is about what I was looking for!

Anyway I hope I didn't sound too harsh. I really like the work you are doing and it is good to have you back here again. I hope there is more material coming soon bounce you can always email me if you want me to take a look at some new stuff Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Kamau, The Emissary of the Old Ones   Thu 23 Aug 2012 - 18:11

Yeah been busy recently. Working on a board game that got me distracted plus work has been much busier this year than before. I'll update stuff over the next few weeks hopefully, but my playtest group totally fell apart so only having solo games is slow...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Kamau, The Emissary of the Old Ones   Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 1:55

Alex wrote:
BalrogTheBuff wrote:

It's cool with some non chaos, however you also have the explorer dude as anti evil. Is there really any differnce between chaos and evil? Might just be too much with two anti evil DP in the same setting.
This DP doesn't have any special advantage against Undead or non-chaotic evil warbands (Ogres or Orcs & Goblins perhaps as other non-chaotic evil warbands).

On the other hand, anti-evil would generally cover chaos as well so there may be two anti-chaos choices and one anti-evil choice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Kamau, The Emissary of the Old Ones   Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 6:30

Huh, i had thought I gave Kamau Hatred of Skaven. Well he does now!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Kamau, The Emissary of the Old Ones   Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 9:59

and he also has the spear of cosmos. But to me the anti chaos thing was more fluff wise Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Kamau, The Emissary of the Old Ones   Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 11:25

Oh right. That's why I didn't give him Hatred. He already has enough bonuses vs them. He's not as much anti-chaos as he is anti-any-enemy-of-the-old-one's-plan.

Thinking Hatred is a bit powerful. And he is supposed to be cold and callous. So maybe Hatred doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Kamau, The Emissary of the Old Ones   Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 13:43

yeah I would remove the hatred, makes him a bit too powerful and it doesn't fit the fluff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kamau, The Emissary of the Old Ones   Today at 7:27

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1