HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 

The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Moffe
Captain
Captain

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]   Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 2:47

Hi fellows! (and girls, but for some reason i doubt there are many here Sad )

Me and my gaming group decided to give Mordheim another go (after several years pause) a few weeks back. I decided on playing the Undead, And i wanted to share some pictures of my warband. they are not all done, but They are certainly ok to put on the gaming table.

Lets start with a group shot of my warband so far. I'm not a fan of group shots, cause you cant really see the individual models, but still Razz

Here we have the Vampire - Vectra von Schtau. She is not quite finished yet, but more or less. As with all my "undead" models, she has light blue eyes with no pupils, and what is supposed to be a slight glow effect around the eyes. I never tried glow effects before, but i was inspired after reading the Song of Ice and Fire series Smile
the Model is a straight up Avatars of War model. No conversions done.

Here we have the necromancer. I really love the new GW model, and was very impressed with how well it is cast (not fineca$t). I chose simple dark colors, and added lots of dirt to the robes. Since he is alive, he has no eye-glow.

Next in the pecking order are the dregs. They are not at all what you usually see in dregs, because i have quite a different vision of them. For those who play Vampire the masquerade, you will know these guys as ghouls (and if you, god forbid, would be more comfortable with the True Blood terminology, you can call them "fang bangers", lol) Basically, they are humans that serve the vampire by letting her drink their blood (and with manual labour and other crap too) and in return they get a taste of vampire blood. This makes them immensely strong and so on, at least compared to normal humans (vampires refer to "ghouls" as "speed bumps" lol) You may think this doesnt rime well with the dregs gimped profile, but after a few games they are much better than the average soldier. I wanted these guys to look like young noblemen that have become more monstrous in appearance because of their tight involvement with vampires and necromantic magic, but still retain their personality, and therefore taste in clothes Very Happy
I have some different models with different weapons. Currently i do not use the one with a bow.

Then we have a Ghoul with talent. He is just straight from the Ghoul kit, but i used the body with the skeleton on its back, so he is more visible. The skin is also different from the regular Ghouls to set him apart a bit. His job in game is to run along the Vampire (with sprint and resilience) and provide a meatsack to help her stay alive. He is very good at that Very Happy

And that brings us to the normal Ghouls. I have only 5 painted so far (i have 3 in the starting warband), so i guess i will have to make some more when we get the campaign going (we have just played about 4 games before starting over so far, since every one are still learning the game). I numbered their bases to make it easier to remember what guy is in what unit when they lvl up and get different stats. I also tried to take a pic of the glow from the Wyrdstone in the hand of one of the ghouls. That one actually looks really good in real life, but its hard to see in the pic too Sad

And then we have the Zombies. I use 3 of them in my starting warband, and they work pretty well. Damn annoying with the short move distance though. Doubt i will add more as the campaign goes on. The models are made from the zombie sprue, but the headless guy got his arms from the free company sprue.

And then, we have the dire wolf. I only use one, and i doubt i will buy more of them, since they dont get exp, but its nice to have an über fast hard hitting unit to support the vampire with. The "glow" on its left eye is kind of failed, since it has no eyeball there, just an empty slit.

Here is my ogre. The model is one of the old Golgfag's ogres. I had it lying around and didnt want to spend any money on a model i may or may not use. I spent quite a lot of time on diong highlights on this one. just the nails are 6 different shades Very Happy

last we have old 2 Dregs. I do not use them any more, but you might like them anyway. they are a bit more "main stream" than my dregs Smile Tthese guys are made from bits of the zombie, free company, mordheim and skeleton sprues. on a funny note, the "hunchback" was achieved by gluing on the upper body twisted 180 degrees Razz

Overall, im pretty happy with the way they look. The blue eye glow is a bit so-and-so but it was my first attempt. I will have to make some more ghouls, but first i am going to fix the dreggs. I used a whole other take on the "fluff" on them. Instead of being cast out humans that do the bidding of the necromancer, these are noblemen of the vampires county (young ones to judge from their stats) and the vampire uses them as food. Their contact with the vampire has made them ghoul like in appearance, but they retain their taste in fine clothing. You will understand when i post the pics Very Happy

Last edited by Moffe on Thu 1 Sep 2011 - 3:09; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]   Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 3:13

Me likey! The glow perhaps should've been a little whiter, but what the hey, it turned out nice. My favourite is the necromancer - the folds in the clothing come out real well! Good luck with the rest of the warband!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
5pointer
Elder
Elder

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]   Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 3:21

This warband is going to look sweet when it is all done and a group pic can be taken!

Keep up the good work and keep on sharing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gardamazh
Youngblood
Youngblood

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]   Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 6:37

Looks great!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Trading Reputation : 8

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]   Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 7:17

VERY WELL DONE Band of Living Impaired Rogues! The porcelain skin tones on the Vampire & the somewhat more alive shades on the Necromancer are quite striking. All in all a FINE LOOKING group...the new Dregs will be awaited eagerly. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moffe
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]   Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 14:22

Here is a WIP pic of one of the dreggs. I have made one with a great sword, one with hammer/shield and one with a bow. Its no where near finished yet ofc, but you cab see what i am aiming for Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azmodan
Hero
Hero

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]   Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 14:43

hehe, nice warband. especially the necromancer is great.

I like the worn out shade of the colours, it really fits to an undead warband. but even though I like the background, you gave to your dregs I prefer the "old" models. they just feel more familiar to me Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mymortheim.blogspot.com/
Theorox
Warlord
Warlord

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]   Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 4:46

That's crazy cool, moore pleasee! Very Happy The Necro's cloak is awesome.

Theo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moffe
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]   Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 13:59

Here is a little update on the first dregg. not done yet, but it shows where it is going better than the previous pics.

And here you can see what the two other dreggs will look like. Its not easy to see details when they are primed black, but ill update when i get around to painting them.

until next time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]   Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 14:02

VERY STYLISH looking Dregs...got to love Living Impaired Folk who are still snappy dressers. LOOKING GOOD! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]   Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 13:05

Like those dregs too! I think you made an interesting choice not going the standard dreg route - Keep it up! The painted one looks very good, you chose the right colours IMHO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
squattingmouse
General
General

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]   Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 13:33

Nice - loving the use of Empire state troop parts to giev the dregs some character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://squattingmouse.tabletopgeeks.com/
Moffe
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]   Fri 12 Aug 2011 - 9:13

So, with the exception of the base (that will be nothing fancy) the first dregg is now complete. I am quite happy with it. Hope the others will go as well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moffe
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]   Sun 21 Aug 2011 - 3:43

A little update for you guys. Dregs 2 and 3 are a bit further along. Not done yet, but further along at least Smile

We have played around 7 matches each now in our current campaign, and the Bow-dreg no longer uses his bow. There is only one possible upgrade for a bow dreg, and that is BS. All other upgrades are more or less wasted on a ranged character, so i made him a combat char with two weapons, +1S and mighty blow. he is quite nasty now. The drawback is... he got his leg smashed and two nervous conditions... he is a bit like a dwarf now Razz

Anyway, I converted another model that i can use for this dreg. He is made from bits from the empire archer, flagellant and ghoul sprue, with hair from GS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alcaeus
Champion
Champion

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]   Sun 21 Aug 2011 - 4:59

Very inspirational, I'll be "lending" some ideas here :p.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]   Sun 21 Aug 2011 - 5:06

VERY COOL & UNIQUE STUFF! The finished Dreg looks TERRIFIC as do his W.I.P. Chums. I really am enjoying your take on the Living Impaired War Band; the Flashy Drregs are much cooler than G.W's versions...they fit with being minions of a fashion conscious Lady Vampire. Keep up the FINE WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]   Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 3:21

Still looking good! I think your dregs will look great together. And the newest one is very dynamic!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moffe
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]   Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 14:31

Update!

the dregs are done. i updated the first post a bit, but here are the pics for the lazy ones Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]   Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 15:15

VERY WELL DONE! You did a FINE job bringing the Lads to life...in a manner of speaking. The freehand work on the last Fellow is a TERRIFIC touch. They look like EXCELLENT companions for your Lady Vampire. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moffe
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]   Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 0:36

Thanks. The free hand work is ofc not the best you will ever see, but i thought it added a whole extra dimension to the model. For those who have never tried it i can tell you it is not too hard, and even if it doesnt turn out perfect it will look very good at gaming distance. Make sure you use thin paint, and i prefer a large brush. i id this with a "citadel base coat brush". since it holds plenty of color it wont dry out during the painting. I used Iayden darksun, because then i could use thin paint and still get good coverage. It took me 20 minutes to do the braid on the coat. i went over it once with Darksun, and then did some touching up with red around it.

The facial hair was painted on first pretty much as a joke, but i think it looks pretty cool, so i kept it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paboook
Warlord
Warlord

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]   Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 2:39

I really like your new dregs. Actually, the old ones as well Smile

The ghoul heads work surprisingly well! Nice idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
qboid
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]   Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 2:46

Great conversions, and great painting.

The detail on the cloak of the last dreg is really nice, but my favourite is the one reaching over his shoulder for his sword.
Looks like someone has just tapped the wrong guy's shoulder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.chair
Warlord
Warlord

PostSubject: Re: The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]   Sun 28 Aug 2011 - 22:55

Haha I love the face on the lunging guy with the maces. He looks positively villainous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moffe
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]   Mon 29 Aug 2011 - 6:11

UPDATE: see first post.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]   Mon 29 Aug 2011 - 6:31

VERY NICE ADDITION!Every War Band needs a big, violent, none-too-bright Goon Persona for security purposes. Your Ogre fills the bill & looks UBERCOOL to boot...WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]   Today at 14:51

Back to top Go down

The Household of Schtau [updated 1st sep]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next