Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Custom Weapons

Go down 
+4
Alex
Vagabond
StyrofoamKing
werekin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

Custom Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Custom Weapons   Custom Weapons Icon_minitimeSun 7 Aug 2011 - 13:55

Your suggestions please gang!

My own fault as much as Styrofoamking's but I needed a chart featuring exotic combat weapons in support of a gladiatorial scenario which I ran last night. It played really well so I will be honing it further.

We ran the game with a 2D6 chart that still has a couple gaps on it. Can anyone think of any extraordinary weapons that are not magic weapons? I'd be looking for gear that is more peculiar than say a Sigmarite warhammer or a steel whip (of which there's been a lot of talk on the board again of late!) so think more along the lines of Cathayan longsword, Dragon sword etc.

I'd prefer to take votes on the more unusual weapons with existing presence in Mordheim supplement rules. The more potent the better because warriors don't tend to get to keep hold of them after the game! One of the guys last night asked if he could 'find' a light sabre, to which I said "No! But you can have an Amazonian relic!" and so his 2D6 score of 9 resulted in temporary use (at -1 WS) of a Claw of the Old Ones. Another guy subsequently rolled a 9 so we have two Claws in use at one point.

I'm not sure how many cool weapons there are which I've forgotten about, so if you can't think of one but are able to make any other more sensible suggestions than light sabre, then please feel free. If it's a non-magical weapon that has some grounding in the Warhammer world then it might be of some use to me.

Look forwards to hearing your recommendations.

Regards,

Werekin
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

Custom Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Weapons   Custom Weapons Icon_minitimeSun 7 Aug 2011 - 15:05

Mwah ha ha.

Here's my list of odd ones:

Ball & Chain - Fanatic
Brazier Iron
Cathayan Longsword
Chainsticks
Claw of the Old One
Dark Elf Blade - (+20 gold crowns to weapon/Rare 9) - When rolling on the critical hit chart a Dark Elf blade will add +1 to the result. // A roll of 2-4 on the injury table is a Stunned result.
Dimashquine Blade (Relics)
Fighting Claws
Great Axe - Marauders
Katana
Man-Catcher - Chaos Dwarves
Scourge - Relics
Spiked Gauntlet
Starblade
Star sword
Steel Whip
Sword Breaker
Trident - Pit Fighters. First Strike, Parry
War Chain - (Old Pit Fighter list- I recommend you treat it as "Strike First" hand to hand weapon that can also be used as a Missile Weapon. A mix between the old rules and a Pistol.)
Weeping Blade

Double-Barreled Pistol (Ostlander)
Duck-Footed Pistol (Sartosa)
Fish Hook Shot
Javelin
Stickfire Pot (Relics)
Sunstaff
Sun Gauntlet
Sword Pistol (Sartosa - add On Rules)
Vermin Pot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My bet is to go with the Fish-Hooks... they capture PERFECTLY the close combat chain twirling joy you expect with a pit fight.

Maybe also come up with a custom Net item / rule.

Barbed Net - Net (RB 37); 5 (10gc?) gc; Availability: Common
Treat the net as a missile weapon in all respects with a range of 8". Use the model’s BS to determine whether the net hits or not – there are no movement or range penalties. If it hits, the target must immediately roll a D6. If the result is equal to, or lower than his Strength, he rips the net apart. If the result is higher, he may not move, shoot or cast spells in his next turn, although he is not otherwise affected. In either case the net is lost.
In Combat: Alternatively, instead of making an additional hand attack, you may make a single Net attack at the start of any round of combat. Use your Weapon Skill instead of your Ballistic Skill. If the attack hits, the model must roll equal or under his strength. If he fails, he skips his next round of attacks. Once he has missed one set of attacks (either this round or next round, whichever happens first), he frees himself from the net and fights as normal. Once used, the net is broken. You may only use one net per combat.

(Alternatively, maybe the net costs more, but can be used once a game? if it's really expensive, once per combat, with unlimited throws - making it a missile item rather than a misc.)
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Vagabond
Ancient
Ancient
Vagabond

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

Custom Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Weapons   Custom Weapons Icon_minitimeSun 7 Aug 2011 - 16:30

Three-quarterstaff! ; ) Just kidding, sorry... : )
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)

Custom Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Weapons   Custom Weapons Icon_minitimeSun 7 Aug 2011 - 19:08

Quarterstaffs were introduced as being common items in BTB. They certainly seem quite popular. Wink

I'm not looking at missile weapons although I did include a couple of Custom thrown weapons. Looking at those available rare items I have already plucked the most attractive mentions.

Dark Elf blades I think we will leave as these wouldn't be being used by humans. I have something similar to fighting claws which isn't connected to Skaven and the Spiked gauntlet has already cropped up elsewhere in my campaign plans. Man-catchers don't offer value in my scenario.

Starsword is a Claw of the Old Ones so I'm using those anyway and the Starblade seems uninteresting so I presume that's why it wasn't in the 2nd Amazons article.

Thanks,

Werekin
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

Custom Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Weapons   Custom Weapons Icon_minitimeSun 7 Aug 2011 - 20:47

didn't chaos warriors get chainswords and chainaxes? might be a little too much out of place though...

and what about an other movie weapon [besides ligth sabers Rolling Eyes] that could be included? like the staple of wushu movies the flying guillotine (cant spell it Sad )
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

Custom Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Weapons   Custom Weapons Icon_minitimeMon 8 Aug 2011 - 20:22

I didn't see the rapier on Styro's list, which has always been one of my favorites.

That obscure Chaos Dwarfs warband from the Spanish magazine/insert thingy that came with White Dwarf (goblin fanatico) also had obsidian weapons. They can be a sword, hammer, or axe, and retain the special rules for that weapon type but also confer a +1 strength bonus accompanied by a -1 initiative penalty. They were waaaaay overpriced (60 gc no matter which weapon type you chose), but since it sounds like price isn't really a factor here that's one thing you could consider including.

I seem to remember an elvish longsword in the Lustria setting, I think, which was just an ithilmar great weapon that also allowed parrying.

Iron Shod Boots also seem very fitting for gladiatorial combat...
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Custom Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Weapons   Custom Weapons Icon_minitimeMon 8 Aug 2011 - 20:26

Taiaha and a few others from my Southlands settings could be interesting.

Taiaha
Stingray Spear
Spear Thrower
Knobkerrie
Poisoned Darts etc.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

Custom Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Weapons   Custom Weapons Icon_minitimeTue 9 Aug 2011 - 1:46

Obsidian weapons were incorporated into the BTB Chaos Dwarf list but I think the price was changed to be 3 x the price.

I'll have to jump on the SG forums to see whether there were any weapons mentioned in the Devil's Den challenges.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

Custom Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Weapons   Custom Weapons Icon_minitimeTue 9 Aug 2011 - 4:50

The second contest, "exotic weaponry":

http://sg.tacticalwargames.net/forum/index.php?topic=62.0

Special thanks to Eliazar for archiving those old contests. I could kiss him, if he weren't most likely a guy and on the other side of the world.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
MyLittlePwny
Elder
Elder
MyLittlePwny

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

Custom Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Weapons   Custom Weapons Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2011 - 7:38

OH MY GOD!! Devils Den Challenges Arhcived? I'm reborn!! Very Happy
YAY for Eliazar for keeping (and you Styro for makin them up)
As for exotic weapons/gladiator stuff it could be possible to make a spiked helmet with an extra attack on charges?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Custom Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Weapons   Custom Weapons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom Weapons
Page 1 of 1