Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Empire In Flames, Mount Rules

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LAZtheinfamous
Hero
Hero
LAZtheinfamous

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

rules - Empire In Flames, Mount Rules Empty
PostSubject: Empire In Flames, Mount Rules   rules - Empire In Flames, Mount Rules Icon_minitimeTue 2 Aug 2011 - 4:26

I have a few questions that I just can't get my head around. Bear with me, I'm trying to stick with just the official stuff right now.

1. There are several mounts in the EIF book that are listed as 'goblins only'.
2. Mounts can only be given to heroes, right?
3. The O&G warband indicates that if a goblin gets TLGT, they get eaten and removed from the warband.

So how exactly can you get a goblin mount? Granted there are Night Goblin and other experimental groups out there that it could work for, but that goes outside the current official stuff. Am I wrong in this?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Empire In Flames, Mount Rules   rules - Empire In Flames, Mount Rules Icon_minitimeTue 2 Aug 2011 - 4:39

Town Cryer authors (where the Blazing Saddle articles first appeared) were not overly concerned with 'official' rules. Cold Ones are also included and those can not be ridden by any official warband either.

For all we know plans may have been in the works to canonize goblin warbands. Or they may have been simply providing a comprehensive resource. The game as played has a variety of different possible applications. There are hints in several scenarios and articles that a henchman group may be mounted, although there is no expanation of how.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Empire In Flames, Mount Rules   rules - Empire In Flames, Mount Rules Icon_minitimeTue 2 Aug 2011 - 4:56

I assume they were just planning ahead. They knew that if GW didn't release a Dark Elf/Lizardman or Goblin warband, some fan would eventually.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Empire In Flames, Mount Rules   rules - Empire In Flames, Mount Rules Icon_minitimeTue 2 Aug 2011 - 5:39

You are very correct. Another example of this is some of the maximum characteristics that are official for warrior types that only exist as henchmen in official warbands that have higher characteristics (e.g. Wounds) than the henchmen could ever attain.

VK and SK havce both answered well. I think that it is good that the authors sometimes thought about the bigger picture as it helps fan-made material (I know that you're only looking at official material currently though). One example of a high quality non-official warband utilising these rules is the Forest Goblin warband from the Nemesis Crown suppliment has giant spiders that can be ridden.

Another example is that Empire in Flames refers to rules for ships being developed but these were never released (so thank goodness for Warhammer AHOY!).
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Empire In Flames, Mount Rules   rules - Empire In Flames, Mount Rules Icon_minitimeTue 2 Aug 2011 - 8:25

The setting Relics of the Crusade allows henchmen to be mounted, so adventuring there would make use of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Empire In Flames, Mount Rules   rules - Empire In Flames, Mount Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Empire In Flames, Mount Rules
Page 1 of 1