Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Dave Gaffram paper Buildings

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
loche451
Youngblood
Youngblood
loche451

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Dave Gaffram paper Buildings Empty
PostSubject: Dave Gaffram paper Buildings   Dave Gaffram paper Buildings Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jul 2011 - 0:56

davesgames.net - slow day so Im going ahead with my next terrain topic for the Boring Forum.

After I did the Pirate Ships I decided I really needed buildings but didnt want to go through the expense of buying the nice ones. So I did alot of web surfing and finally came up with Dave Gaffram models, pictures of which are below. They are time consuming- maybe as much as 3-4 hours for some of the bigger ones but do provide a good scenic backdrop fairly quick.

Now I do use these for RP-ing, they would not be terribly effective for Mordhiem use but I suppose would do ok if you had nothing better. The cost is minimal - I think I paid $30 for plans and maybe $15 for the cardstock. The killer was printer ink - about $60 - alot of tape and superglue but now I have a host of scenic paper buildings that while not playable - they do add atmosphere. Most of the buildings have different layers of half-timbered, Brick or Stone options so the same building can look a few different ways.

Of course doing these led to actually building out my playable models which I will get to posting next week I expect, so obviously they didnt quite do the trick for what I needed but asides from having some excellent 'idea-generating' properties it was also very helpful to deal with patterns for the folded paper and mordheim-y structures - It actually helped quite alot when doing the real terrain making.

Dave Gaffram paper Buildings Villag10

Dave Gaffram paper Buildings Villag11

Dave Gaffram paper Buildings Villag12

Dave Gaffram paper Buildings Villag13

Dave Gaffram paper Buildings Villag14

Dave Gaffram paper Buildings Villag15

Dave Gaffram paper Buildings Villag16

Dave Gaffram paper Buildings Villag17
Back to top Go down
Theorox
Warlord
Warlord
Theorox

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Dave Gaffram paper Buildings   Dave Gaffram paper Buildings Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jul 2011 - 18:16

Those are cool! Can you put models inside them though? :/

Theo
Back to top Go down
Paboook
Warlord
Warlord
Paboook

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Dave Gaffram paper Buildings   Dave Gaffram paper Buildings Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jul 2011 - 21:07

Nice! Smile Ideal for the Empire in Flames setting!
Back to top Go down
loche451
Youngblood
Youngblood
loche451

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Dave Gaffram paper Buildings   Dave Gaffram paper Buildings Icon_minitimeMon 1 Aug 2011 - 5:43

Theorox wrote:
Those are cool! Can you put models inside them though? :/

Theo

There are only a few plans that have interiors but things like walls and certain homes have 1-2 inch balconies that can easily support standard minis. The lack of interiors is why I finally decided to cut my teeth on doing scratch-built types.
Back to top Go down
squattingmouse
General
General
squattingmouse

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Dave Gaffram paper Buildings   Dave Gaffram paper Buildings Icon_minitimeMon 1 Aug 2011 - 8:24

he does make some kits for ruins though which are more open - chekc out wargamesvault.com
Back to top Go down
http://squattingmouse.tabletopgeeks.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dave Gaffram paper Buildings   Dave Gaffram paper Buildings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dave Gaffram paper Buildings
Page 1 of 1