Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Does anybody else think the Sisters of Sigmar kind of suck?

Go down 
+18
Edyy
Milliardo
Grimscull
LAZtheinfamous
hero
Eliazar
werekin
BalrogTheBuff
siredge
StyrofoamKing
Saranor
folketsfiende
Tintin
Von Kurst
mweaver
shotguncoffee
RationalLemming
pistolpete308
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
shotguncoffee
Warlord
Warlord
shotguncoffee

Trading Reputation : 0

Does anybody else think the Sisters of Sigmar kind of suck? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else think the Sisters of Sigmar kind of suck?   Does anybody else think the Sisters of Sigmar kind of suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 5 Aug 2011 - 23:04

ahhhh someone telling it like it is <3

edit: i tried telling you over PM but it didnt work: try looking into coreheim. there, all of the Merc choices are viable in their own way. no more half-assed choices.
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else think the Sisters of Sigmar kind of suck?   Does anybody else think the Sisters of Sigmar kind of suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Aug 2011 - 10:16

pistolpete308 wrote:

I also find that you fare best if you use some Sisters with doublehanded weapons and some with flails. To sum it up: spamming sigmarite warhammers IMO is suboptimal.

I'm going to have to disagree, here.

The sigmarite warhammers bump strength up by 1. That's halberd power, that only requires one hand. And they bump strength up by 2 vs undead and chaos warbands. That's great weapon/flail territory with none of the drawbacks (great weapons strike last, flails only get strength bonus on first round of combat) on a weapon that can be used in one hand.

That second hand can use a shield, but the munchkin choice is the steel whip for an extra attack every round PLUS a bonus attack on the first turn of combat that strikes first. Oh, and hammers get concussion, too.

These are the best weapons in the game. And the entire warband can use them. Shocked
Point noted! I have never played against any possessed or undead warbands with my Sisters, so I've never got +2S. This has meant that against high T opponents an extra strength bonus has been useful. Anyway, it seems this discussion will not end in agreement. Perhaps energy can be better spent devising fixes for the Sisters so they won't "suck"/be too uniform in weapon choices (for those that perceive them as so)? Whatever makes more people play them is good in my mind!
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else think the Sisters of Sigmar kind of suck?   Does anybody else think the Sisters of Sigmar kind of suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Aug 2011 - 16:34

Almost any Shield or Armor boost house rules I think would make the Sisters much more attractive options. Probably also allow for cooler looking models too. Full armored Nuns with Hammer and shield!
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else think the Sisters of Sigmar kind of suck?   Does anybody else think the Sisters of Sigmar kind of suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Aug 2011 - 22:06

Nuns with whips!
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else think the Sisters of Sigmar kind of suck?   Does anybody else think the Sisters of Sigmar kind of suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 7 Aug 2011 - 13:24

Ha ha is this clerical debate still going on. Nuns On The Run. That is the movie anyone should watch before starting a Sisters warband. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
MyLittlePwny
Elder
Elder
MyLittlePwny

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else think the Sisters of Sigmar kind of suck?   Does anybody else think the Sisters of Sigmar kind of suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 7 Aug 2011 - 15:01

Not having read the entire tread and not commenting on the overpowered/underpowered thing (think they work just fine) I'm just chipping in about they're actually an ok warband, but in longer campaigns they bore the ****** out of me..

They reach their max pretty fast and hammers and whips aren't that expensive.. When that is reached, all else left is to buy heavy armors for the entire lot.
I had an Elven Ranger to do the shooting, but ended up scrapping the warband because they simply had nowhere else to go but to the armorsmith...
Back to top Go down
Drenengar
Youngblood
Youngblood
Drenengar

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else think the Sisters of Sigmar kind of suck?   Does anybody else think the Sisters of Sigmar kind of suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Mar 2012 - 5:50

Well, I'm starting to play with SoS mainly because I like the models and their background.

Particularly, my band will include Warrior Priests as Superior Sisters due to my background history, so you can modify the band including the minis you want just by editing your background.
Back to top Go down
http://warchafa.mforos.com/forums/
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else think the Sisters of Sigmar kind of suck?   Does anybody else think the Sisters of Sigmar kind of suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Mar 2012 - 20:09

I do love the Sisters. Come on, Battle Nuns are just plain Awesome. They are defiantly limited on shooting. But in Hand to Hand, they are vicious. The +1A with whips are sweet, and the crushing blow from the hammer (+1S) on Undead and Possessed is just frosting on the cake. For the Shooting issue, I usually go with Hired Swords. The Tilean Marksman, is always hired at startup. That covers my Sniper action. Also, the main tactic with Sisters is always Cover. When setting up the table, suggest lots of terrain, this helps against shooter style players.

Also, I have read here that a lot of players don’t play S.O.S. for lack of models. Just use different models and change the name of the Warband. Just state that you are using the rules for S.O.S. Kind of like Space Marines. One style miniature and a bunch of different rules styles for different Chapters. When I first started playing Mordheim, I couldn’t afford ALL the different models. And S.O.S. are defiantly specialty minis. So I looked for Priest and Monk minis, and/or modified plastic minis. I then changed the Warband name to the “Brother Hood of Sigmar” and changed the Character Titles and used the Rules for the S.O.S. The models are just representatives as long as you designate what models are what, does it really matter?
Back to top Go down
Zekk
Veteran
Veteran
Zekk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else think the Sisters of Sigmar kind of suck?   Does anybody else think the Sisters of Sigmar kind of suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012 - 14:48

holy thread ressurection batman!

Sisters are cool. The rules are fine, no balance issues as far as I can tell. the only problem is the model selection. its quite limited Sad At one pointed i converted a Brothers of SIgmar band, which turned out alright. Gave a few more options, although most of the models looked more like inquisitors than anything else.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else think the Sisters of Sigmar kind of suck?   Does anybody else think the Sisters of Sigmar kind of suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anybody else think the Sisters of Sigmar kind of suck?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3