Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

A new dramatis persona: Abe "arrr" Ham

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

A new dramatis persona: Abe "arrr" Ham Empty
PostSubject: A new dramatis persona: Abe "arrr" Ham   A new dramatis persona: Abe "arrr" Ham Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jul 2008 - 5:43

Well our gaming group is starting up a lustria campaign and we decided to have a competition. The idea is to make rules for a brand new dramatis persona who suits the lustria theme, write up a background story and model him. The winner gets to use him at half price.

So here is my shot at it;

The story of Abe Ham is one of Adventure, treasure and pirates!

Born to a wealthy Marienburg merchant he was given everything he could ever want. He was trained by the best swordmasters in the land, and clothed in exotic silks. Though for all he had, Abe wanted more. He yearned for adventure, and his heart lead him to the sea. He joined the Marienburg marines at the age of 15, and quickly rose through the ranks.

On his 17 birthday, his ship was attacked by the infamous pirate Black-Wyrd. The Marienburg ship was taken with ease and those who where not killed, where offered the chance to join the mighty Black-Wyrds crew. Abe jumped at the opportunity for the life of a pirate, and immediatly gave himself to the pirate lifestyle.

The name of Abe Ham became known all throughout the sea, and when Black-Wyrd's died, there was no dispute who would be the new captain of the ship.

The greatest feat tied to Abe's name came soon after, when he attacked the steam ship of Long Drong, taking his mighty axe for himself and leaving the crew to die. in the climax of this daring raid, both drong and abe lost their eyes to each others pistols, but none the less, the steamship was captured.This dishonour shamed Long Drong and his crew, and they became the famous slayer pirates.

Abe "Arr" Ham, as he was known by his crew for his long arr's he would let out when he was thinking,eating or sleeping, lead his ship on a daring raid in the lustrian sea's. His crew became wealthier then many of the nobles of the Empire, and the crew was ready to retire rich, and alive. But Abe wouldnt have this, he cared little for the gems and gold he captured, he craved the adventure in getting it. He denied his crew's wishes to turn back home, calling them cowards.

It is no suprise that he was soon mutinied on the coast of lustria, with nothing but his parrot, axe, compass and the customary pistol with enough powder for one shot.

Now Abe scowers lustria, joining up with roving bands of explorers, assisting those who go on the most daring and suicidel missons, before wandering off to find another adventure.

Captain Abe "Arrr" Ham

M

WS

BS

S

T

W

I

A

Ld

Hired: Abes cost is 50gc. Alternativly, Abe can be hired for free! your leader takes a leadership test, and If he passes convinces Abe that he will get more treasure when they find what they are looking for.at the end of the battle, Abe must be paid 75gc. If he cannot be paid, he will take D3 random henchmen with him to assist him on his adventures.

Abe increases a warbands rating by +50

In addition, Abe can only be used in campaigns that take part in lustria.

Equipment: Gromril Axe, Dagger, Crossbow, Toughend Leather, Lucky Compass, Pete the Parrot

Skills: Sea Legs,Cutlass Master (but with his axe!),Hardy Constitution, Swashbuckler, Nimble

Lucky Compass: The lucky compass may be used during the exploration phase if Abe was not killed. It allows Abe's side to re-roll 1 exploration dice OR +1/-1 the result of any dice.

Pete the Parrot: Pete is excellent at distracting opponents, either by shouting out loud at them or flying around getting in their way. All enemy in base contact with Abe will be at –1 to hit in their first round of combat with him unless they can pass a Leadership Test.

Of to adventure!:Abe only ever stays with a warband for the duration of the battle. After this he goes off searching for a diffrent adventure. A warband who used Abe in their last battle may not seek him out until they have fought at least one battle without him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A new dramatis persona: Abe "arrr" Ham   A new dramatis persona: Abe "arrr" Ham Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jul 2008 - 1:54

31 views no posts. Is there an ignore button somewhere on teh forums? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: A new dramatis persona: Abe "arrr" Ham   A new dramatis persona: Abe "arrr" Ham Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jul 2008 - 5:25

Hey man,

I must admit, I was one of those 31 Wink

I haven't done a lot with dramatis persona, but he looks entertaining, and pretty balanced. He's got some mad skills but he costs an appropriate amount.

There's my 1 pence.
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A new dramatis persona: Abe "arrr" Ham   A new dramatis persona: Abe "arrr" Ham Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jul 2008 - 6:23

Cheers mate, I will have to put the model up some time, but for now, I am busy with my nippon conversions (pics either tomorrow or the day after).

and do we even have 30 active members, which means some of you must have looked twice Laughing
Cheers,

Tom
Back to top Go down
Exarch Thomo
Knight
Knight
Exarch Thomo

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: A new dramatis persona: Abe "arrr" Ham   A new dramatis persona: Abe "arrr" Ham Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jul 2008 - 7:29

Hmm...looks okay - I'm not sure about the cost though. 50gc for 3 attacks, 2 wounds, a gromril axe, ws 5, crossbow and a -1 modifier to get hit in close combat seems a bit too good - I would like to see it a bit higher up - around the 75-100 gc.
BTW, which part of QLD you from?

EDIT: Sorry I had to increase font size cause I couldn't read anything. Hellfoot
Back to top Go down
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: A new dramatis persona: Abe "arrr" Ham   A new dramatis persona: Abe "arrr" Ham Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jul 2008 - 7:54

Exarch Thomo wrote:
I would like to see it a bit higher up - around the 75-100 gc.
BTW, which part of QLD you from?

Don't forget:

mrbretonnia wrote:
Off to adventure!:Abe only ever stays with a warband for the duration of the battle. After this he goes off searching for a different adventure. A warband who used Abe in their last battle may not seek him out until they have fought at least one battle without him.

I think that's a good price for only one game. although I wouldn't argue with 60 (not that I know what is balanced or anything lol)
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A new dramatis persona: Abe "arrr" Ham   A new dramatis persona: Abe "arrr" Ham Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jul 2008 - 8:03

maybe 60gc is the go, he does add a bit to the exploration phase, and no doubt would make more then that 10gc back.

updated to 60gc. and may I say, the model looks AWSOME.
Back to top Go down
Tortiou
Warlord
Warlord
Tortiou

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: A new dramatis persona: Abe "arrr" Ham   A new dramatis persona: Abe "arrr" Ham Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jul 2008 - 11:47

This is a nice dramatis personae! I'm not very familiar with DP because we never used them in our campaigns, but I really like the fluff you wrote about him - it's a nice story!

There's one thing I don't understand, though: what's with the alternative for hiring? If I understand correctly, EITHER you hire him for 50gc OR you hire him for 75gc and if you can't pay, you lose D3 henchmen ?
I like the idea of "convincing" the guy that he will find more treasure, but between paying 50gc and paying 75gc (or losing my henchmen) I prefer to pay 50gc!!

Anyway, maybe you should raise the hiring cost a little bit ! (60 or 70gc)
[EDIT sorry I didn't see you updated the cost to 60]

I hope one day we will see a picture of a model you made for this Dramatis Personae (hint, hint)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A new dramatis persona: Abe "arrr" Ham   A new dramatis persona: Abe "arrr" Ham Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jul 2008 - 12:00

the main reason I added the extra higher rule is so people who cant afford him can get him, but will pay more after. sort of the piraty theme there.

I tried to take a picture, but my webcam did him no justice, so I will try with a real camera tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Boehm
General
General
Boehm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: A new dramatis persona: Abe "arrr" Ham   A new dramatis persona: Abe "arrr" Ham Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jul 2008 - 12:42

Nice fluffwise ...ruleswise I do not like DP ...unless they are part of a specific campaign-storyline or something ...

However, always interesting to see what crazy ideas people around here come up with ...Im working on a couple of ideas myself Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new dramatis persona: Abe "arrr" Ham   A new dramatis persona: Abe "arrr" Ham Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new dramatis persona: Abe "arrr" Ham
Page 1 of 1