Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Potion shop

Go down 
+15
Gobbo Freak
werekin
floedebolle
Count Lucius
Vagabond
folketsfiende
WarbossKurgan
DeafNala
mrtn
Soulblight
Ezekiel
Von Kurst
Mike
Drayven
Helmet of Justice
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Helmet of Justice
Warrior
Warrior
Helmet of Justice

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Potion shop - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potion shop   Potion shop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011 - 20:27

I don't use a definite recipe of proportions when making the wash but here are the guidelines I use:

The wash is prepared by first making a stock solution of 4:1 water to Pledge® Floor Care Finish with Future® Shine. I place a few squirts of black, reddish brown, and green (I target a color that I wish my wash to be...adding colors until I achieve the look I want) into my storage bottle. After mixing the pigments I add aliquots of the clear stock solution and mix it together until the clumps of paint are fully dissolved into the solution. I then add more of the stock solution, testing the strength of the wash on a piece of paper until I am certain that the wash flows smoothly. You can always dilute the wash by simply adding more of the stock solution to it when you want less effect.

I am not completely sold on using this on my warbands because it gives a very oily shine to the miniatures, however, for terrain pieces it is much more economical than using the small pots of GW wash for large surfaces.

Hope that helps.

Here is a link for Magic Wash which lists some other products available by country that are similar to the Pledge® Floor Care Finish with Future® Shine.

Back to top Go down
Gardamazh
Youngblood
Youngblood
Gardamazh

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

Potion shop - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potion shop   Potion shop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Aug 2011 - 16:28

Great building! How did you make the ivy?
Back to top Go down

Potion shop
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2