Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Warrior priest of Sigmar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
siredge
Captain
Captain
siredge

Trading Reputation : 0

sigmar - Warrior priest of Sigmar Empty
PostSubject: Warrior priest of Sigmar   sigmar - Warrior priest of Sigmar Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jul 2011 - 16:55

So I was looking over the rules for the Warrior priest of Sigmar Hired Sword.

Two things stuck out to me. First of all that he is equiped with a "Hammer of Sigmar" As far as rules go Im not sure what the rules are for this weapon.

Also it doesnt say but I assume he only starts with one prayer?

How do you guys play him?
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Warrior priest of Sigmar   sigmar - Warrior priest of Sigmar Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jul 2011 - 21:20

The rules for the Warhammer are included in the rules of Sisters of Sigmar.

I was playing a priest from the Protectorate, who is a little stronger I believe (not sure though, coulldn't find the rules for the HS), and either charged right into the mess or had him back up my fighters with hearts of steel from the second row of fighting as I had to face some nasty ogres. But I think it all depends on what spell you got.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Warrior priest of Sigmar   sigmar - Warrior priest of Sigmar Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011 - 0:03

The rules for the Sigmarite Warhammer can be found in the Sisters of Sigmar warband. There is a prayer called the Hammer of Sigmar, but it is not a weapon.

The Sigmarite Priest is one of the awful hired swords published in TC, Fanatic or where ever with no explanation and little thought.

There are no official explanations of what the author might have meant and no one has bothered to try to officially fix the priest either. Any rules you may come up with in your group are better than those published.

Werekin has re-done the priest as an alternate hero for a warband in his article Miracle Workers.
Back to top Go down
siredge
Captain
Captain
siredge

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Warrior priest of Sigmar   sigmar - Warrior priest of Sigmar Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jul 2011 - 15:39

ok I wasnt sure if that was the same hammer or not.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Warrior priest of Sigmar   sigmar - Warrior priest of Sigmar Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jul 2011 - 23:00

You're uncertainty is justified. The published rules for the priest Hired sword do not relate to the existing Warrior Priest in the Witch Hunter Warband or the priest in the Stirwood Outlaws aside from the use of prayers.

Most Hired swords who use magic come with 2 spells, but the priest doesn't mention the number of prayers he starts with or even if he starts with a prayer at all. I've used the priest once in a campaign and I started him with 2 prayers, but armed him with a normal hammer.

Starting with a Sigmarite Hammer seems to be the alternative since there is no Hammer of Sigmar besides the prayer.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warrior priest of Sigmar   sigmar - Warrior priest of Sigmar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warrior priest of Sigmar
Page 1 of 1