Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Pirates of the Karibbean

Go down 
+4
SerialMoM
DeafNala
WarbossKurgan
Von Kurst
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirates of the Karibbean   Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011 - 4:08

Campaign Points End of Turn 7:

Arabyans: 29 Lure of Fortune
Ard Knokkas: 16 Scourge of the Seas
Buccaneers: 21 Lure of Fortune
Clan Eshin: 22 Silent Threat
Penny Pinchers (Marienburgers): 27 Monarch of the Seas
Reiklanders: 20 Monarch of the Seas
Sea Gitz (Da Mob): 22 Scourge of the Seas
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Coming soon: The Return of Playtable--New Blood!

Last edited by Von Kurst on Fri 28 Oct 2011 - 4:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pirates of the Karibbean   Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2011 - 2:56

Turn 8--The Return of Playtable--New Blood!

The campaign gained 2 new players this past week. A curious eastern ship arrived in Torktuga carrying a crew of Cathayan Pirates. As people gawked at the odd shape and rig of the easterner most of them missed the arrival of another Imperial carrak filled with privateers from the Wastelands. Eight crews sailed forth to explore the islands of the Karibbean, though the Buccaneers stayed over at the Blow Hole and missed the tide.

Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 1229281033NJTEjRZ

playtable wrote:
The Hunters become the Hunted
Skaven vs Marienburgers

Daytime, dry weather. Skaven in middle. 1/2 my warband shows up at start. I come in on the north side, take a couple of shots.

Cold ones and beastmaster charge skaven.  One skaven OOA.

Skaven counter-charges, takes a few shots at me, has giant rats charge a henchman of mine.  Beastmaster goes OOA, one cold one to control.  My henchman gets a draw with the 2 giant rats.

Turn 2:  1/4 more of my guys show up, henchmen charge giant rats and other skaven.  A little shooting with small results.  Skaven holds out and 1 giant rat is OOA.
Clan Eshin has cold one charge in.  Surrounds a lone henchman (OOA) with skaven, slings and magics my guys.

Turn 3:  last of my guys come in on the south, too late to help.  My guys shoot for the most part.

Clan Eshin charges in with his rat ogre.  I have nothing to stop it except arrows which couldn't see him most of the time.  My warband is split up, 5 or 6 are OOA, and skaven aren't hurt much yet (and Big Hoss is recovering from his wounds).

I rout at my 1st chance.

Post Battle:

No one dies on either side

Clan Eshin gets both cold ones (40gc each) and the whip.  He gets rich.
Clan Eshin--2 CP 

Penny Pinchers get just enough to buy 2 more bowmen.
Penny Pinchers--1 CP.

Hulks
Marienburgers vs new Wasteland Privateers.

Day time, weather still dry. 3 crocs on rocks, 2 islands, 3 hulks, 3 ramps = 1 each ramp to hulk and extra ramp on east to center hulk.

I win set-up and choose the east, of course.

Turn 1:
I friendly flag and go first, Little Joe stays on the island with his bow to shoot crocs, everyone else runs up ramp to east hulk. 5 bows shoot croc. Center croc is activated by north boat and shooting. Croc charges boat and wounds it.

Privateers only use 1 boat w/6 men. A goblin and 3 handgunners run along ramp.

Turn 2:
Most of my crew run to center hulk most everyone else shoots crocs. North boat rows away from croc, shoot him a lot, wound him twice. 1st crock is knocked down from shooting.

South boat rows to south-west (pirate side) hulk, activate 2nd croc. 2nd croc charges south boat and wounds it.

Privateers row to center hulk. 2 handgunners stay on center of ramp to shoot. The goblin and a handgunner run to west hulk. I loose a few to shooting sometime.

Turn 3:
South boat gets to west hulk (the one with the goblin and handgunner). 

North boat goes north, activates 3rd croc. and shoots ineffectively at handgunners on ramp.

"The Kid" leans over the railing of the center hulk and unleashes his blunderbuss on the pirate boat below.  3 are hit (I think 1 goes OOA).  I shoot more crocs. Stun the center one, take 2 wounds on the south one.

Center hulk guys stand firm to be charged from pirate boat with all the heroes.

north croc.(#3) charges north boat but does no harm.

Privateer shooting hurts somebody.

Privateers charge up on center hulk.  The Kid goes OOA, Gustav IV gets knocked down, Adam (hero with halberd) stuns the enemy captain.

Turn 4:
South hulk goblin and handgunner get charged. Goblin OOA and gunner knocked down.

North boat charges Privateer boat tied up to center hulk crewed by one wounded swab and one healthy Privateer.  Boat falls to the Marienburgers.

Center hulk...Gustav IV stands up, Adam charges in and Capt. Rothberger charges stunned captain. HTH goes the Marienburger way and Privateers rout.

Post battle:
Privateers get +4 (so 5) exp. for everyone. I think the goblin died.
Wastelanders--1 CP

Everything went my way, chose side first, went first, shooting and HTH dice favored me.
I felt bad but...I win = + 2cp. Captured all 3 hulks (+3 wyrdstone/treasures). My captain takes OOA opposing faction captain = +1 cp. I capture 1 boat = +1 cp.
Penny Pinchers--4 CP

I loose the maxed-out "The Kid" and his blunderbuss, great coat, sword, and hammer. Privateers press him into the crew. I explore and find "Provisions".
I end up at 315 with 16 members, no hired swords.

Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pirates of the Karibbean   Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011 - 3:08

Turn 8—Cont’d

The Prize
A sort of variant of Defend the Find

The Man with No Name levered another bolt into his crossbow. He fired at the cloaked shape he knew to be an elf. Even as he triggered the bolt he knew he had failed, the bow of the Dancing Cloud rose and the shot went high. The Tilean knew he wouldn’t get another chance, but he reached for another bolt out of habit. He lost consciousness when the second arrow hit him. It might have been kinder if he had just slipped under the waves. He awoke sputtering alongside the pitching ship. The Tilean had time to register the bulk of the ship above him and glimpse bearded faces along the rails, then the sharks hit him.

The scout heard the Tilean scream. He couldn’t see the man’s fate, but he didn’t need to. The Tilean had been very good. But that cloaked bastard over there wasn’t a man. The scout wouldn’t be surprised to learn that the elf had deliberately stunned the Tilean just to watch the sharks get him.

“Die spawn of the deep!” Akbar roared with anger. The berserker rage was on him. He leapt at the sharks as the Dancing Cloud swept past. The madman caught his robe on the rail. Instead of leaping to save the Tilean, the Arabyan mate flailed about to stay afloat as the sharks dismembered the Tilean. Akbar readied himself as the sharks came for him.

“Devils of the sea!” screamed Atebeg as he leapt from the stern of the Dancing Cloud. His dagger bit deep into the body of one of the sharks. But the blood of the monster just attracted more sharks. The two mates fought a desperate battle with pitiless beasts. The men’s lungs longed for air as they struggled to destroy their enemies and stay afloat.

All around them guns thundered as the Dancing Cloud pounded the Rieklander ship with cannon and swivel gun. More bodies floated briefly on the waves before disappearing. Akbar bled from a minor wound. A huge shark struck Atebeg as it lunged blindly in the bloody froth of the waves. Somehow Akbar was able to fend off the shark and keep Atebeg afloat long enough for his comrade to recover.

“Clasp my hand brother,” called the soldier Al Bobo just before he overbalanced. Atebeg watched the would-be rescuer topple out of the boat. In a moment Al Bobo was hammering a shark with his dagger as it tried to drag him down.

“Grab the ropes thou fools!” ordered Almah. The merchant had gotten the jolly boat alongside them. Soldiers threw ropes and fended off sharks with oar and spear.

“The fight is lost! Leave those poor fish alone and come away before the infidels hang thee!”

Post Battle
The Arabyans lost the Man with No Name to sharks. The Rieklanders captured the Dancing Cloud. The rest of the casualties recovered from their wounds. Rais Al Kuds is Hardened by the ordeal.
The Faithful—1 CP

The Rieklanders lost one marksman killed.
Reiklanders—5 CP
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Dems My Gubbinz!
Da ‘Ard Knokkas takes from da Gobbos

The last pygmy died horribly.

”Quick Boss,” yelled da Bomma. “Grab da gubbin and scram afore da Red Toofs get back!

“Shut yer yap!” growled ‘Ard ‘Ead as he wiped the gory blade of his choppa on the dead pygmy. “Ize got da zoggin fing. Where dat spida at?”

“Hmmm ummm dmmm,” da Bomma said with his yap shut. He was hanging off the roof of one of the huts pointing off toward the southern jungle.

“Wot?” shouted ‘Ard ‘Ead. “Speak up ye zoggin git, or Ise gut ye!” ‘Ard ‘Ead loved to gut gits. Everybody knew that. ‘Ard ‘Ead couldn’t see a thing over there because of all the trees. There was still a bit of screaming and roaring from over to the east. Sounded like somebody had upset a troll. ‘Ard ‘Ead was thinking he needed a troll.

“Spida got Fut and da nutta all webbed up, Boss,” da Bomma shouted back. “Haz’nok iz stuck in da web, ‘e still kickin’ though.

“Mork’s warty backside!” growled ‘Ard ‘Ead. “Jus a bitty spida! Ise gotta do ever fing!”

Post Battle
Quote :

Hjonjin’s Restless Tide
A giant spider, four pigmys, and a river troll assaulted me! The spider I managed to smash easily, but the pigmies took out one of my Yojimbo (he survived) but the troll took out Uncle Date and gave him a chest wound. The Litter Bearer made a full recovery!
Hjonjin’s Restless Tide—1 CP

Quote :

Da ‘Ard Knokkas.
No injuries on my side, one nutta and two heroes fully recovered. I found another dead sea dog on a deserted island during exploration. (Sword, dagger and pistol, plus a map that allows the player to choose the scenario X Marks the Spot.)
Da ‘Ard Knokkas—2 CP
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Pirates of the Karibbean   Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011 - 11:00

Sounding like a great campaign. The warbands all seem pretty even in regards to CPs which hopefully is keeping the tension tight. How are you finding using objectives and CPs?

I thought that the battle was funny where the scout was hit six times and only frozen while the orc was sizzled first hit. How unfortunate!
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pirates of the Karibbean   Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 1 Oct 2011 - 2:57

RationalLemming wrote:
Sounding like a great campaign. The warbands all seem pretty even in regards to CPs which hopefully is keeping the tension tight. How are you finding using objectives and CPs?

Thanks RL, Da Sea Gitz have made a run of wins in the past coupe of weeks to pull slightly ahead. The Silent Threat has an answer for that, of course.

Objectives and CPs--the players took to them pretty well. The adaptation we are using could use a few tweaks to iron some things out. Right before we started one of the players said he thought it would work pretty well as long as everybody was into it. His observation as proven true. People revert to old habits and forget to check their objectives and rewards, record keeping suffers..

RationalLemming wrote:
I thought that the battle was funny where the scout was hit six times and only frozen while the orc was sizzled first hit. How unfortunate!
Smile
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pirates of the Karibbean   Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 1 Oct 2011 - 3:52

Turn 8—More adventures on the high seas and deep in the jungles of the Karibbean

The Deadly Channel
Da Sea Gitz scupper some Wastelanders

The goblin known as Gooba Too pulled hard on his oar. The jolly boat was keeping pace with the squig herd as the nasty balls of fungus bounded through the jungle of the small island to starboard. Gooba Too dreamed about life away from Kap’un Borgut--no beatings, no getting eaten because the troll was hungry or an orc was hungry, no Kap’un Borgut.

Gooba Too had heard the stories of how Gooba Won had run away and joined them Buccaneers. The Bosses were always saying how Gooba Won had betrayed Gork and da Kap’un, but Gooba Too thought Gork could look out for himself, so a goblin should too. Of course Gooba Too never said nothing but ‘aye Kap’un’ and ‘how high Kap’un?’ Gooba Too was destined for better things than the stew pot.

Kaboom! Kaboom!
Gooba was startled out of his reverie by a volley of shots. Zogged if they hadn’t run smack into a mess of humie pirates. All of a sudden the troll was bellowing and Borgut was bellowing orders. No one could hardly hear the guns go off. It was a right mess with one orc boat pulling right and another left. Humies banging away with them boom sticks.

Thud!
Gooba Too looked at the round hole that had appeared in the side of the jolly boat. The boat had been shot! He could’ve been shot! As quick as that Gooba knew that this was his opportunity.

“Ize shot!” Gooba Too screamed. He lurched to his feet and threw himself over the rail. Nob nad Gob were plum shocked by the suddenness of it. Of course the boat pitched a bit, but there wasn’t much to Gooba.

“Dat wuz handy,” said the orc with the bow.

“Wot?” said the orc with the crossbow.

“Dat gobbo throwed hisseff right at dat croc.”

Post Battle
The Wastelanders gained a huge underdog bonus. They fled as soon as possible, but Ship’s Mate Vandergriff was lost in the rout.
Wastelander Privateers—1 CP

Quote :
Gooba 2 turned traitor and joined the Wastelander’s crew. I was able to hire back Gooba 3 and still come out ahead money wise after paying upkeep due to finding 60 gold.
Da Sea Gitz—2 CP
___________________________________________________________________________________
Duel on the High Seas
Da Sea Gitz find a rat infested ship

So what they say is them Clan Eshin killers got themselves another ship. Don’t know how, don’t know where. That fella Don Whatsisname starts asking, I’m leaving for Ostland. Anyway the Skaven sailed her out into the Straights bold as you please. Rumor says they had a bit of coin on board. Says them Skaven been dealing in hides and exotic critters from the mainland. Folks will believe anything.

Either way Borgut and his ladz have been sailing the Straights. Looking for prizes and there is a fat boat full of rats. Borgut hauls up the black flag and gives them rats a taste of round shot. Blimey if the Skaven don’t burn some powder of their own. That sneaky Assassin pipes all hands on deck, has him some muscle, a big old rat ogre. Don’t know the lubbers name, but they ought to call it Target. Once those orc crossbows where in range, down went the rat ogre. Now some rats would have run once the big guy was down, but not that Silent Terror gentleman, no sir. That rat had a fair wind, full sails and a hold full of rats as big as collies. So they made their try, yes they did. Good thing they had enough boats to hold the survivors.

Post Battle
Clan Eshin lost heart and struck their colors once the orcs boarded them. The rat ogre is reliably reported to have lived.
Clan Eshin—1 CP

The Sea Gitz took the skaven ship after a short fight noted for the lack of successful broadsides.
Da Sea Gitz—5 CP
_________________________________________________________________________________
Jungle Ambush
The Rieklanders attempt to ambush da ‘Ard Knokkas

”Hold your fire until you see the reds of their eyes,” ordered the Riekland Captain.

His marksmen ground their teeth in frustration. They had entered the jungle just before sunset. It was dark as pitch. They couldn’t see their own hands, for Sigmar’s sake! They could hear the orcs on the trail, but they had no hope of seeing them before it was too late.

A deep roar sounded form behind the center of their line. A man screamed in terror. The jungle had ambushed them.

Quote :

Jungle ambush. Night, normal weather, three hazards. I was ambushed; Bob set all his guys on one half of the board. He took two hazards his first turn, a giant frog and saber-toothed tiger. Those slowed him down enough that I was able to turn around and run off the board. I encountered a small group of pygmies while heading off the board and took them down easily. No casualties to report on my side, two nuttaz went down but were ok. Not sure what happened on Bob's side but everyone was ok as well. This time during exploration I came across a peddlers’ schooner, killed them and took their gold.

Rieklanders—1 CP

Da ‘Ard Knokkas—2 CP
______________________________________________________________________________________
Jungle Skirmish
The Arabyans encounter Cathayan Pirates

The warrior known as Two Killer signaled danger ahead, then he froze by the trail. The small hunting party scattered right and left into the nearby jungle. In a moment it was as if they had never followed the trail of the Fire Lizard. The pygmies peered cautiously about. At first they could not see what had alarmed Two Killer. Then they heard him give the cry of the screeching parrot. They knew now. The Big Men had invaded their hunting grounds.

The chief coughed like the hunting Big Fang. The hunting party had become a war party. Quickly they smeared their faces with the black paint of war. Then they cautiously picked their way toward the sounds of Big Men marching.

Two Killer saw them first. The closest group had seen some other Big Men off to the east. The first group was preparing to attack the other. Two Killer almost laughed out loud at their clumsy attempts to hide. A child of the People of two summers could have found each one by the smell alone. Two Killer saw the opportunity. If the Big Men fought each other, the People could loot the fallen…

The roar of the Fire Lizard broke the silence of the jungle. There were screams and cries of alarm from the group to the east. Two Killer hoped they could still find the Fire Lizard’s nest after the Big Men fought.

BOOM!
Despite his training as a hunter and a warrior of the People, Two Killer lunged to his full height, startled by the explosion. One of the Big Men saw him. The clumsy fool drew a large knife nearly as long as Two Killer was tall. He shouted and pointed. Two Killer immediately shot him with a dart. But Two Killer knew he had gotten too close. There were too many for the People to fight by themselves. An arrow struck Two Killer and he knew no more.

Post Battle
Quote :

The Restless Tide
The Litter Bearer Bono, who was a childhood friend of Cousin Date, was run through by a Berber scimitar. His dying wish was for one of his Yojimbo, Kiyogaru, to take his place amongst the leaders of the group. (Bono died, one of the Martial Artists got Lads Got Talent)

Dina Mi-Te, the revered Dragon Monk of the Restless Tide, lost an eye to a well-placed Arabyan arrow.

The Arabyans captured one of the Yojimbo (Martial Artist) and one of the Gunners to serve in their crew, souring relations between the two warbands!
Cathayan Pirates—1 CP

The Faithful suffered only minor wounds in the skirmish. 5 pygmies and 2 Cathayans were captured. The pygmies were sold as slaves. The Cathayan Gunner joined the crew and the Martial Artist was enslaved but kept with the warband.
Arabyans—2 CP

Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pirates of the Karibbean   Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 1 Oct 2011 - 5:56

Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Tropical-Islands-Wallpaper-__6_

Campaign Points End of Turn 8:

Arabyans: 32 Lure of Fortune
Ard Knokkas: 20 Scourge of the Seas
Buccaneers: 21 Lure of Fortune
Clan Eshin: 25 Silent Threat
Penny Pinchers (Marienburgers): 31 Monarch of the Seas
Reiklanders: 27 Monarch of the Seas
Sea Gitz (Da Mob): 34 Scourge of the Seas
The Restless Tide: 2 (?)
The Wastelanders: 2 Scourge of the Seas

"Wassis dis den?" growled Kap'un Borgut. He was some put out having to stop keel hauling the rat-devil to palaver with 'Eadbasha the shaman. Borgut really enjoyed a good keel hauling now and again. But now he had to look at this cracked golden disc thingy. Borgut sighed, da shiny was pretty but it was broke.

"Fink izza chart-fingy," said 'Eadbasha for the third or fourth time. "One a dem Dragon Folk charts, tells ye where da shinys at. Da duppy rat-devil wuz trying ta sneak it, Ize bashed the duppy git. Sorted dat!"

"Shinys?" Borgut liked shinys, especially shinys he didn't have yet. "Where dey at den?"

The Sea Gitz have 'found' the Lost City of the Scaled Ones by winning five exploration scenarios. The Sea Gitz may roll on the Lost City scenario chart during the next Exploration Turn. But first the warbands return to port to re-fit and stock up on hard tack and grog.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pirates of the Karibbean   Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Oct 2011 - 2:54

Turn 9
Rollicking tales of violence and mayhem in the ports of the Karibbean

[Playtable was vacationing in Florida or some such exotic locale near the real Caribbean last week. Thus there are no tales of the Penny Pinchers or photos.]

Fancy Meetin' YOU 'ere!
A Chance Encounter in Torktuga

Seems the Cathayans and the Privateers from the Westerlands got into the grog right after they each made a big score. The Cathayans claim they was stone sober, or sober as a stone temple dog, somesuch. No accounting for foriegners.

The Privateers on the other hand were drunk as lords to hear them tell. Somebody, no one is saying who--even in Torktuga, fired off a blunderbuss. Right into the crowd! Well instead of clearing a path to the Cathayans, the blast pissed the locals off something fierce. The resulting stampede flattened the Privateers. The Cathayans followed along in the rush and put paid to four of the six Privateer heroes. The Privateers sobered up quick and fled.

Post Battle
The Wastelanders may have reported some casualties but worse things were waiting for them, so their earlier losses don't stick in my memory. Lots of things don't. Somebody picked up an injured hand in the riot. Turned out it was his own.
In an attempt to salvage something--literally--the Privateers stole some cargo as they fled. They got a crate of hard tack for their trouble.

The Cathayans got filthy rich. No one was even bruised in the fight. A swivel gun is purchased and an exotic firearm is found abandoned after the riot. (JK is still considering what to chose from the discovery.)
____________________________________________________________________________________
The Long Pier III
A Monster is added to the sequel

The skaven known as the Silent Terror fumed at the delay. His tail lashed with barely suppressed fury as his minions struggled to clear a way for him to return to his ship. The rabble of this human pesthole had no respect for their betters.

“Unchain the Beast!” the Adept ordered.

“Here-now Master?” dithered a minion. In the crowd the Adept could not see which one it was.

“Of course-yes! Here-now-immediate!” fumed the Adept. “Clear this dock-thing!”

The screams began. That was more like it. However, so did the shooting.

BOOM!
The Adept could not see the gun for the crowd, but he knew that someone had targeted his minions with a small cannon at least, perhaps a demi-culvern or a slaker. Half of his servants were over run in the stampede. The rat ogre’s minder went down in the press. Instead of ravening down the pier, the Beast plucked aimlessly at a coil of rope.

The Adept was pinned against a piling by the press of bodies. He amused himself by pricking those fools who dared touch him with his poisoned dagger. The volume of screaming rose to deafening levels. The Adept was most pleased.

FOOM!
A cloud of smoke erupted from the other end of the pier. Perhaps the enemy gun had malfunctioned. The press of the crowd had eased considerably but the shrieks of horror continued to ring in the Adepts ears. He also smelled the tell tale odor of skaven fear. His minions were terrified!

“Master save-help us!” one of his minions was clawing at his robes. The fool was pointing toward the rear with a bloody hand. The Adept gazed in awe toward the town. A huge crab was advancing toward him along the pier. Its bulk blocked the pier. Skaven bodies littered the ground around the monster.

The Adept glanced toward the Beast. No help there. The rat ogre was surrounded by spire helmeted soldiers wielding halberds. Even if it could break free, the crab was closer to the Adept than his supposed bodyguard.

“Kill-kill!” the Silent Terror screamed his battle cry and leapt at the crab.

Post Battle
Clan Eshin fled when the Assassin Adept fell. One verminkin is killed, 2 are captured by the Arabyans.
Clan Eshin—1 CP

The Faithful captured two verminkin, including one with the Poisoner skill. The only casualty was the Martial Artist slave, who was defeated in combat by a giant rat.
The Arabyans—2 CP
___________________________________________________________________________________

Sirrah, Ye Lie!
A Deadly Brawl in Port Sigmar

Quote :
WANTED
Dead or Deader
For Crimes Against Man-things
And the Great Plan-plot

‘Eadbasher the orc-thing
Many Warp-tokens-doubloons-gold payable upon confirmation of Death/Kill
~The Silent Vigilance Committee for a Safe Karibbean Free from Threat~

Gilla da Killa read the notice slowly. Gilla used his finger to follow the words and moved his lips. Gilla was trying to blend with the market crowds in Port Sigmar. The notice had caught his eye since he sailed with ‘Eadbasher. 'Many' was a lot of doubloons.

Gilla tried to remember if he was supposed to be a Estalian housewife or an Arabyan fishmonger for this caper. The big orc was dressed in some humie foolery looted from that big Estalian caravel, so he supposed he was the Estalian. Either way he tried to remember to sway when he walked and not talk much. The Kap’un had him one of those cunnin’ plans and Gilla was right tickled to be picked for point. Still 'many' was an awful lot of doubloons. Gilla wondered if he could get 'Eadbasha drunk...

“Ach, thou be a right big, strapping lass!” said some Rieklander swab. Gilla tried to ignore him while he worked out what an ‘orc-thing’ might be.

“Now dearest girl, no time for a sailor back from the wars?” The Rieklander was persistent. Gilla slapped his hand away.

“Sweetheart!” cried the man. “Wouldst thou spurn Reinhart?” The fool reached for Gilla's veil.

“Take yer bloody haid, ye lay yer paws der agin!” growled Gilla. He drove his fist into the startled man’s face.

“The big doxy hit Reinhart!”

“Havoc!”

“Oi! Deys afta Gilla!”

Gilla spread his feet and laid into the humies around him with both fists. The whole place had gone bonkers. But Gilla figured if he could just bash the noisiest humies, the rest would quiet down. Gilla saw the flash of steel in the sun. That tore it! Some squishy bastid had draw steel. Well if it was blades they wanted, Gilla da Killa could speak that language!

“They kill each other! Call out the Watch!”

“Orcs! Orcs are raiding the port!”

Post Battle
Da Sea Gitz got caught between the Rieklanders and the town guard. Razzag ShieldSmasha was captured by the Watch and taken to the goal to await trial and hanging. 'Eadbasher escaped the officers who attempted to arrest him.
Da Sea Gitz—1 CP

The Rieklanders hung on despite horrendous casualties. The Bishop, a Rieklander Champion was killed. A Sigmarite Priest is recruited to replace the fallen hero. The Rieklanders pet warlock is discharged by the outraged priest.
Rieklanders—2 CP

Borgut sat at a back room table in the Headless Horse tavern. The tavern was a gathering place for smugglers and those who were less than friendly with the Port Sigmar Watch. Borgut figured he needed a little more help from the spirits if the Gitz were going to spring Razzag. So he was looking to hire a warlock. Like this fellow. Borgut looked closely at the frail humie spell slinger. Borgut could swear he'd seen this fella recent, like.

"Wotcher say ye name wuz?"

By coincidence the Sea Gitz hire a warlock with the same spell set as the Rieklanders just fired...

~More to come~

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sat 22 Oct 2011 - 2:47; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pirates of the Karibbean   Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Oct 2011 - 10:20

Von Kurst wrote:
By coincidence the Sea Gitz hire a warlock with the same spell set as the Rieklanders just fired...
Hehe... What a Face

"Fire me? You can't fire me! I QUIT!"
Heads across Port Sigmar to the tavern where the Sea Gitz are drinking... Arrow
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pirates of the Karibbean   Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011 - 3:13

RationalLemming wrote:

"Fire me? You can't fire me! I QUIT!"
Heads across Port Sigmar to the tavern where the Sea Gitz are drinking... Arrow

That's pretty much it. Wink
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Turn 9 Continued

Pressgang III
A Sequel with plot twists

Og
Og Bigfeather swaggered down the dusty Torktugan street. He and the lads had marched in from the jungle side of the town. Og had had some trouble finding the channel. Og was going to murder that pilot if he saw the git again. Right away the ladz got in a pushing match with the locals. The fleet must have been in. Everyone they met was drunk already. What with the wreck and all Og was right thirsty. Og looked longingly at the brisk business the nearest bar was doing. The curse of being a Kap’un without a ship was also being a Kap’un without funds. Then Og spied a drunken git off by himself and Og got an idea. Press the git and claim the bounty from the Navy. The Navy was always short of men, especially out here on the Back of Beyond. The Navy always had ready gold though. Og began to look forward to that drink.

“Oi mate!” Og shouted at the nearest lubber. “Fancy boats?”

“Yer wot?” The unsteady human was talking to Og’s feather. The git batted at it. Og hit him with a chair leg he’d picked up. The git roared and clawed at a cutlass hanging from his belt. Og hit him a few more times, rather hard. Og figured the Navy liked scrappers.

“Fetch dat lubber along den,” Og ordered his guards.

“Want us ta off ‘im Kap’un?” asked Nod. “Git ain’t croaked yit.”

“Ye don’t kill dese lubbers!” roared Og. “Dese lubbers iz ta buy booze wit!”

The ladz looked a bit confused, but they were spared more discussion by the loud cry of “Press gangers!”

Og sensed a change in the temper of the crowd just before the mob rushed them.

Magog.
Og was up to something. Magog could tell. Whenever lots of folks just up and attacked him, Magog always figured Og was up to something. Or perhaps when the crew wandered around a desert for months. If Magog hadn’t recognized the lights of Al Haikk that night, Magog was sure Og would have killed them all before Og found an oasis. Or cross back to Lustria, Magog had told Og he was too far north. Og wouldn’t listen. Instead of the delta of the Amaxon, Og smashes the ship east of Torktuga in the Karibbean for Gork’s sake!

Now this mob of humies and whatnots was stomping the tar out of the ladz with not so much as a bye yer leave. Not that anybody was stupid enough to stomp Magog. No that was not happening, Magog got the power of Mate Gork glowing in his eyes. Lubbers leave Magog alone. Stomped on old Alee Bahblah and da Bliddy Red Banna though and that was almost as bad. Magog was some upset.

"Wheee!"
Magog looked up. There was one of them Mountain Goblin types flapping and flopping through the sky. Magog never took with them goblins throwing themselves in the air like that with fancy machines and such. Not natural. GORK tossed goblins into the air. Like this! (Magog tries to interest Mate Gork in tossing Alee into the sky to show that Mountain Git. Gork isn’t interested.) The Mountain git started to spiral toward the roof of the nearest tavern. Magog could see a humie lubber up there on a balcony. Magog noticed that Killa and Hadj were climbing toward the same balcony as Og yelled instructions from below.

“Dats da lubber!” yelled Og. “Give da git da shilling an he’s ours!”

“Wot?” Killa yelled back. “Ye want me ta shive da git?

“Don’t shive im!” shouted Og. “Give im da shilling! Oi! Wot’s dat Diver up ta?”

The soaring goblin was flying closer to the balcony. The Diver was going to get there way before Killa and Hadj. Suddenly the Diver was engulfed in green flames. The drunk nearly fell off the balcony trying to get away. The Diver shrieked once before being burned to cinders.

“Mate Gork send the loony git home,” said Magog.

“Who burned up da Bomma?” shouted a loud orcy voice from beyond the far corner of the tavern. “Find dem gits and rub em out!”

Post Battle
The Bliddy Red Banna Boyz fled as soon as possible once the black orcs got to them. A couple of goblins died in the rout.
Bliddy Red Banna Boyz—1 CP

Da ‘Ard Knokkas caught 3 or 4 drunks and only killed a couple of them. Da Bomma is no more but ‘Ard ‘Ead finally made enough gold to hire a troll.
‘Ard Knokkas—2 CP
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dungeon Raid
The Revenge of the Sea Gitz

Captain Jubal Kaine of the Westerlands looked out from the jail windows unto the darkened streets of Port Sigmar. It would not be long now, soon the light of dawn would burst over the mountains and the orc would hang. Then he and his men would have their pardons and the patronage of the powerful Reikland faction in Port Sigmar.

Captain Kaine's eye was drawn to a patrol of the Watch returning to the jail. The men marched with military precision. Those pirate rabble had no chance against real Imperial Men-at-Arms.

Suddenly the small patrol was swallowed by a patch of darkness. Captain Kaine heard a man scream. The patrol was under attack! That meant the jail was next!

"Sound the alarm!" shouted Captain Kaine. A bell began to clang somewhere in the building. The Captain could see nothing on the streets now. All was darkness.

Post Battle
The Wastelanders and their allies of the Watch are soundly defeated. Captain Kaine was killed in the battle. A goblin is captured.
Westerlanders--1CP

Da Sea Gitz
Quote :
Freed Razzag ShieldSmasha from prison at the cost of one of Gooba's lads and a Stabba Henchmen.

The pirate captain in Jason's crew was killed and Gooba's lad was press ganged into service under pirate rule.   Surprisingly not much different than normal life as a gobo.
Da Sea Gitz--3 CP

Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pirates of the Karibbean   Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011 - 17:18

Turn 9 Finale

Pressgang IV
A Sequel with more new faces

Gob the former Sea Git shuffled down the muddy street alongside his new masters. They was headed for the Blow Hole to press the lads what drank too much. Gob was looking forward to thumping the lubbers and maybe a little clandestine looting, swipe a bottle if he could Gob would. Gob joined these humies to get away from old Borgut. So far it was a lark. Gob couldn’t understand what the humies were saying half the time, but they was weedy gits compared to Brogut and his crew, Gob didn’t have even a broken finger so far. Course it was a shame that old Gooba Too had croaked it before Gob joined this crew. Gob would have loved to stick a dagger in the treacherous git himself.

The rain came down in sheets. Dark as Borgut’s heart it was. Gob was having fun watching the West Men stumble about in the darkness. For laughs Gob would pretend he couldn’t see well either. Made the doxies squeal Gob did. There were drunken louts everywhere despite the hour and the rain. Gob wondered which lubbers they was gonna press, so many to choose from.

All of a sudden there were some angry shouts off to left. The lubbers surrounding Gob’s little patrol started to mutter and push. Then someone yelled, “Pressgang!” Things got tipsy right quick. There were lubbers running every which way. Gob tried to close ranks with the humies but one of the weedy gits went down. The mob rolled right over them then. Somebody kicked Gob in the head. Gob curled up in a ball and rode it out. The mob didn’t stay to beat on them. The cowardly gits ran off. Good thing, too, Gob figured.

Gob pulled himself up out of the mud. The humies was complaining and moaning like humies will. Gob kept his yap shut.

Thunk!
“Ouch!” yelped a humie. “Somebody is throwing rocks now! Can you see where they at?”

Thunk!
A rock took a chunk of plaster off the wall next to Gob’s head. He ducked and looked around quick. Over to the south a couple of rat-devils were crouching behind a wall slinging stones at Gob and the humies.

Suddenly one of the humies shouted, “There they are!” and rushed off to the north. The gits left Gob there by himself. The rat-devils made squeaking noises and rushed at Gob waving swords and daggers. Well one of them did. The other tripped and fell headlong over the wall he had been hiding behind. Gob had been thinking of legging it before the one fell. Instead Gob jammed his boarding pike into the mud to anchor it. The charging rat-devil ran right on to the pike and died. Gob kicked the dead rat-devil off his pike and ran over to the one that fell. Before the git could get back on its feet, Gob thumped it with the haft of his pike. Sorted that.

A crossbow bolt suddenly slammed into the haft of Gob’s pike. Gob nearly dropped the pike.

“Zog it!” growled an orc. Gob stared in wonder. He hadn’t seen Fletch since that fight at the Duppy Stone Hut on the River. Gob thought the Nurgly git had done for Fletch. Sure an’ it was a small world now. Here was Fletch trying to kill him in Torktuga! Fletch was reloading. Gob grabbed the rat-devil’s body and started dragging it with him as a shield.
“Flee! Run for your lives!” Gob heard his humies calling to each other. He had learned these words in their language because they used them a lot. Seemed like a good idea.

Post Battle
The Wastelanders had to fight an NPC pressgang, drunks and the Arabyans. 2 drunks are captured along with the Arabyans’ skaven crew.
Wastelanders—1 CP

The Arabyans lost one skaven killed and one captured. One pressganger is captured. Al Bobo killed the lone drunk encountered for insulting the One.
Arabyans—2 CP
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Down On the Docks IV
Clan Eshin haunts the docks once more

Them skaven devils made another try at stealing a swab's cargo. This time old 'Ard 'Ead and his Knokkas messed up the skaven plans. It might have been a dark night in Torktuga, might not have been. The skaven fought with the orcs and tried to storm the ship. But old 'Ard 'Ead had got himself a troll. The troll seriously messed up the skaven plans. Might have chewed on that new rat ogre the skaven drag around with them, too.

The skaven might have taken the ship, but too many had fallen to the orcs. The survivors legged it.

Post Battle
The Skaven sorcerer is reported to be driven mad by his injuriies. He now suffers from stupidity. The skaven recovered one crate before they fled.
Clan Eshin--2 CP

Da 'Ard Knokkas
Quote :
Post game Fut Slogga ends up dead and I think it was Stankin Git that now has a leg wound. Losing the Hero sucks but at least one of the Nuttaz got TLGT. I made off with six of the seven crates. They all contained food of some sort and a little bit of gold.
'Ard Knokkas--5 CP
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Quote :

Here's some inexact details from our game but you should enjoy them!
Last Orders

I don't remember any of the real details from the tavern fight but my warband received a swift and brutal beating at the hands of the Rieklanders! They managed to find plenty of weapons where as we just couldn't find anything to fight him with.
The Restless Tide--1 CP

The Rieklanders--2 CP

The Long Pier
Showdown at the Pier!

Demanding honor and blood, the Restless Tide challenged the Rieklanders to a battle on the old city pier! Their two massive warbands facing off against each other it looked to be a titanic battle in the making! Cannons blasted, handguns roared, and numerous people dropped in the process! The Restless Tide, upon noticing that three of their henchman were dead, apparently decided discretion was the better part of valor and fled before any real fighting took place!  (Failed my rout check. I have Ld. 9 and rolled a 10!
The Restless Tide--1 CP

The Rieklanders--2 CP
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pirates of the Karibbean   Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011 - 5:14

Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Foto_2_hervas

Campaign Points End of Turn 9:

Arabyans: 36 Lure of Fortune
Ard Knokkas: 27 Scourge of the Seas
Buccaneers: 22 Lure of Fortune
Clan Eshin: 28 Silent Threat
Penny Pinchers (Marienburgers): 32 Monarch of the Seas
Reiklanders: 33 Monarch of the Seas
Sea Gitz (Da Mob): 40 Scourge of the Seas
The Restless Tide: 5 (?)
The Wastelanders: 4 Scourge of the Seas

Last edited by Von Kurst on Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 3:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pirates of the Karibbean   Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011 - 11:07

I'm amazed that you got to 40 CPs after only 9 'turns'!?!?! Some warbands had barely scraped past 30 CPs after 16 rounds in our campaign. Did you just end the campaign once the Sea Gitz reached 40 CPs or did the Sea Gitz succeed in reaching their 40 CP achievement also to solidly claim victory?

On that note, are all of the objectives that you played with online as per your thread in the rules section several months ago or have you since tweaked them?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pirates of the Karibbean   Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011 - 12:59

The 9 turns is kind of deceptive because I was trying to get the turns to reflect a period of time in which most if not all players had played at least one game. I started out faithfully recording weeks and then a week started to morph into 10 days or more. So I changed the term to 'turn'. Turn 9 covered 2 weeks of real time and 3 gaming sessions.

Then the ugly head of the record keeping monster reared over the proceedings. You might notice that the Sea Gitz went from 22 CPs on turn 7 to 40 on turn 9, a huge jump. This is partially because the player had missed some game nights and not reported in for awhile, coupled with playing a few make-up games, all of which he won.

The campaign actually just finished turn 10 or 11 (I'm losing track). It has covered around 14 weeks of real time. We are going to play a few final scenarios at the next session and call it done. The Sea Gitz have captured the Governor's daughter and raided a Lizardman temple. In the last game they will try to burn the Governor's Mansion in Port Sigmar.

The Objectives haven't changed since July. CPs seem really easy to come by in our version although most Objective paths that require artifacts and 'special items' are far from complete.

Despite including artifacts in the Exploration tables and scenarios, no one has found a Major Artifact. Only the Sea Gitz have a Minor artifact.

It was hard to figure out how the BTB system worked from reading accounts of other campaigns or just reading the rules. I expected the campaign to go faster due to the øbjective system, but it really has taken the same amount of time our campaigns usually take.

Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pirates of the Karibbean   Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Oct 2011 - 3:36

Oh OK. Well I look forward to further battle reports if you choose to put them online and especially whether the Sea Gitz can burn the Governor's Mansion in Port Sigmar (the victory condition for Scourge of the Seas if I recall correctly).

Our gaming group found Major Artifacts very hard to come by in our BTB campaign also even though they were deeply integrated into random events, exploration results and scenarios. Our group had only found the Broadsword of Damnation after 16 rounds (and that was due to a lucky random event early in the campaign and forgetting some rules which possibly allowed us to kill Belandysh (the daemon who owned the sword) too easily. We did have a map to the Chaos Dragon lair but no one was game to fight the Chaos Dragon (cowards!) and the Scion warbands could have marched on the boarder town to gain the Liber Chaotica but again they wanted to become stronger before they assulted the border town (double cowards! Wink ). (Our campaign unfortunately fizzled after a few people left town.)

I agree that CPs do not shorten a campaign but rather give a different focus for a campaign and provide an easier way to determine a final winner for gaming groups who have not already developed campaign rules.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pirates of the Karibbean   Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2011 - 3:30

The Governor’s Daughter
A Piratical Variation of The Lost Prince

Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 9004

The Most Esteemed Fraulien Gertrude Eloise Erma von Hausen stamped her pretty little foot in frustration. Her maid was nowhere to be seen and neither was the interesting Captain Tremont. Gertrude’s head ached. She had lost a slipper and some other items of apparel. She had slept poorly in accommodations that did not suit her station and she wanted to go HOME.

Last night Gertrude and several of her friends had slipped away from a boring political function at the Mansion to sample the nightlife down by the harbor in Port Sigmar. This morning, or perhaps noon, certainly it was no later than noon, Gertrude had lost track of all of her servants and her so-called friends. She didn’t seem to have any money and no one believed her Pappa WAS the Governor. The louts that surrounded her either ignored her or made suggestions that made the poor girl blush. Gertrude strode imperiously up the street. Port Sigmar wasn’t THAT large, surely she could see the Mansion and just WALK home.

“Fraulien von Hausen!” cried a good Imperial voice. “Fraulien please allow myself and my soldiers to escort you home.”

Gertrude could not see the man who addressed her clearly, but she was already miffed that he would accost her on a public street without a proper introduction. She could see several rough looking soldiers dressed in what looked like the uniform of the City of Marienburg. The uniforms were familiar, but they were clearly not proper dress uniforms. Gertrude was normally only escorted by soldiers in their BEST uniforms. Then the crowd cleared for a moment and Gertrude shrank from the officer approaching her. SOMETHING horrible had happened to the man! His FACE! Her father would have no officer around him that looked like that!

“Stay back!” Gertrude cried as she spun away.

“Fraulien von Hausen! Come back! Don’t go that way!”

Gertrude fled into the unfamiliar streets. All around her it seemed like a riot was breaking out. Gunfire roared. Thunder rolled and lightning arced down from the skies. People cried in fear and anger. Some one said orcs were attacking the port. Others said the slaves were revolting. Gertrude knew her father would sort this out soon. She tried to return the way she had come, but the mob had caught her. She was carried along with the panicked crowd.

Post Battle
The Penny Pinchers (back from vaction)
Quote :
Swordsman Gustav IV and an archer died on my side.
Exploring, I rolled 4 "1"'s and found a gunsmith I didn't need. All that did was reduce the cost of one blunderbuss by 5gc.
I spent all my money again buying the 2 blunderbusses and 2 more henchmen back.
Broke again.
Penny Pinchers—1 CP

The Buccaneers tried to rescue Gertrude but the Sea Gitz pressed too hard. A couple of swabbies are lost in the rout.
Buccaneers—1 CP

The Sea Gitz
Quote :
In the monarch ports, da Sea Gitz found da governor's daughter. She ran from Boss Borgut Facebeata, Griff, and Da Lugg right into the waiting hands of a slaver warband who tried to sneak off with her while Da boyz fought some Maryanns and da rest of da slavers. After a long fight da humies and slavers ran leaving da Governor's Daughter for us to ransom back for some loot.

After the battle, a squig, a gobo, one of da Ladz and Griff da ogre died.
Da Sea Gitz—2 CP

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sat 8 Sep 2012 - 20:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pirates of the Karibbean   Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2011 - 8:14

It seems that the Penny Pinchers should have called themselves the Penniless. Laughing

Sounds like a hard fought battle judging from the casualties.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pirates of the Karibbean   Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2011 - 2:45

playtable wrote:
Yes, penniless.Sad
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Turn 10
Bungles in the Jungles

Fog of War
Marienburgers vs Clan Eshin

The Silent Terror moved cautiously through the damp undergrowth. Huge trees soared out of sight above him. Heavy mist hid everything except the smells of plants, rot, man-things and fear. The Adept savored the fear.

From the dense white cloud loud animal roars erupted along with the screams of man-things. The Adept bared his fangs in a feral grin. The jungle would defeat the man-things.

playtable wrote:
Hazards = 5.  I went first, bad! 
I found 1 Sabertooth, 2 cold ones, and 1 giant frog. 
Chris found 1 giant frog.  All of them went after me. 
Bad, bad, bad. 

Fog killed me more.  6"  8"  4"  2"  and then 20".  I had only one turn of shooting, not enough.

I ran with 7 OOA.

Post Battle
Marksman, Red II (12exp.) with new blunderbuss died.  But, he lasted through 2 rounds of HTH against 3 skaven.   Then a 4th skaven showed up and killed him.
Marksman, Hunter (8exp.) with crossbow died too.

One Skaven was convinced to be a turncoat.  He was promised no "Quick-quick, death death."

The Priest of Manann was robbed of his hammer, crossbow, shield, helmet, rope & hook, and lucky charm.  Of course we were in the jungle so no searching for a new lucky charm.  Poor fella got into HTH, not his thing!  Only has one skill and it is Dodge.  Only has one prayer too and it's too hard to get off at 9+ (and not that bad either).
I'm still wondering if another Youngblood would have been better.

Counting the Skaven, I have 16 members, 34 cp, 371 rating and 2gc.
__________________________________________________________________________________
The Hunters Become the Hunted III
The Restless Tide stalks the Westerlanders

Captain Junior searched the jungle for his prey. To the east, west and south the jungle surrounded them, broken only by narrow game trails. To the north jagged cliffs rose from the jungle. Three of his archers were climbing up the cliffs to gain a better vantage point. Moments ago his scouts had the little dragon-man in sight. Now it had disappeared. Without the dragon-man he feared his expedition would not capture any of the Cold Ones.

An earsplitting roar erupted from the jungle to the south. Two Cold Ones charged out the undergrowth. The closest seized a swab in its jaws and began to shake the unfortunate sailor like a terrier shaking a rat.

BOOM!
A round shot caromed off of the cliffs to the north. In the shower of stone and dust the Captain could not tell if his archers had been hit or not. Cathayan warriors charged from the jungle to the east.

“Form on me, men of Westerland!” cried Captain Junior as he charged the dragon-man.

Post Battle
The Restless Tide
The Cathayans suffered heavy casualties in the fight. A martial artist is killed, a hero may have died and a hero was captured.
Restless Tide —1 CP

The Westerlanders, as they call themselves, killed or captured both Cold Ones. They gained the Cold One Whip and a hefty ransom.
Wastelander Privateers—2 CP
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dem’s My Gubbinz! II
A Sequel in which Our Heroes suffer Reverses

”Kill ‘em ye idjit!”

‘Ard ‘Ead was screaming in the troll’s left ear, but the big lug didn’t seem to notice. Part of the troll’s indifference could have been caused by the fact that its left ear was lying on the ground about a spear length from its body. The troll was losing pieces of itself at an alarming rate. The weedy git with the big sword was doing appalling damage. ‘Ard ‘Ead was starting to wish he had a big sword like that. Maybe ‘Ard ‘Ead could take it after the troll killed the git, if it did.

The orcs and humies had pretty much destroyed the goblin village. The fight had gone on much longer than ‘Ard ‘Ead had thought it would. The humies had cut down a river troll, one of them fire lizards and about half of ‘Ard ‘Ead’s ladz. Of course the humies had lost a few lads of their own in the process, but it didn’t seem to be slowing them down any.

‘Ard ‘Ead saw the troll’s head go sailing into the jungle on his right. Maybe it was time to leave…

Post Battle
Da ‘Ard Knokkas got some cut up. Haz’nok the last original Black Orc hero was killed.
‘Ard Knokkas —1 CP

The Rieklanders held the ruins of the village at the end. The possession of gubbinz became secondary to destroying the orcs.
Rieklanders—2 CP

Last edited by Von Kurst on Fri 28 Oct 2011 - 4:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pirates of the Karibbean   Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2011 - 21:09

Turn 10 Finale

Defend the Find
Our Heroes reach the City of Gold

The damp air of the ruined city was still. The day was hot but not unbearably so. Rais Al Kuds cradled the long rifle in his left arm and surveyed the ruins. It was very quiet in the ruined city. Even his parrot Efrit was subdued. To the east the bulk of the city was nestled between rocky crags. The western approach opened on to the trackless jungle he and his crew had just traversed. A huge ceremonial arch framed the view. The tumbledown ruins of the city’s walls flanked the gateway. One tower survived to the south, the rest of the perimeter was vine-covered rubble.

The Rais stood on the roof of the tallest surviving building. Despite the destruction of the walls the rest of the city was in fairly decent repair. With the help of the Pathfinder and Ali the merchant his men had uncovered a hidden crypt beneath the building, which had yielded a good amount of treasure. Their looting had come to an end when one of the sentries had sounded the alarm. The man thought he had seen one of the toothy creatures that followed the greenskins in the ruins to the east. The Rais had deployed the men, and then flown up to the roof on Almah’s new flying carpet. Nothing had moved in the ruins for several minutes.

An angry bellow was followed by a loud squawk! A brightly colored parrot flew up from behind a building to the east. A troll rushed after the parrot roaring incoherently. The pair had barely cleared cover when a large orc slapped the troll up side the head. The orc barked an order at the troll, which immediately ceased to claw at the angry parrot. The orc turned and faced Al Kuds.

“Ahoy ye mad mullahs!” the orc shouted in the thieves’ cant of Al Haikk. “Ye found me shiny stuff. Fer dat Ize tank ye kindly. Now be off or Ize gut ye!”

Rais Al Kuds swung the long rifle into line and fired, but the big orc merely shrugged as if bitten by a gnat.

“Gut ye it iz!” roared Borgut. “Have at ‘em ladz!”

Suddenly charging orcs, goblins, squigs, an ogre and a few renegade human outlaws surrounded the Arabyans.

Post Battle
The Faithful put up a stiff fight, but were soon overwhelmed. Tariq the janissary was dissolved in troll vomit. The enslaved press ganger fled and the martial artist joined Da Sea Gitz.
Arabyans —1 CP

The Sea Gitz
An ogre, several orcs, a goblin and 2 squigs were OOA. The Arabyans captured the goblin. The other warriors recovered from their injuries. In addition to an extra treasure for Borgut (who forced his way into the temple), the orcs find the desiccated body of an elven explorer in a crypt beneath the temple.
Da Sea Gitz—2 CP
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Jungle_clearing-620x349

Campaign Points End of Turn 10:

Arabyans: 37 Lure of Fortune
Ard Knokkas: 28 Scourge of the Seas
Buccaneers: 22 Lure of Fortune
Clan Eshin: 30 Silent Threat
Penny Pinchers (Marienburgers): 34 Monarch of the Seas
Reiklanders: 35 Monarch of the Seas
Sea Gitz (Da Mob): 40+ Scourge of the Seas
The Restless Tide: 6 Lure of the Lash
The Wastelanders: 6 Scourge of the Seas
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pirates of the Karibbean   Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011 - 19:36

Turn 11
Final confrontations.
While the Sea Gitz prepared to assualt Port Sigmar, the Penny Pinchers, the Bucaneers and the Westerlander Privateers searched for treasure in the Lost City. Imagine their surprise when they discover a Nehekharan temple buried beneath the city.

The Temple of Doom
Desperate Treasure Hunters enter a Chamber of Horrors
Photos by Playtable.

The Westerlanders, the Penny Pinchers and the Bucanneers raced through trapped corriders to reach the treasure chamber. The Bucaneers arrive first on their flying carpet.
Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 TempleofDoom001

The Penny Pinchers struggle through the traps. One marine falls into a spiked pit.
Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 TempleofDoom002

Then an iron cage falls from the ceiling, trapping the pressed skaven and blocking the entrance to the treasure chamber.
Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 TempleofDoom005

With the Marienburgers blocked by the trap, the Bucaneers ambushed the Westerlanders as they entered the chamber.
Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 TempleofDoom006

Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 TempleofDoom008

More Bucaneers crowd the entrance to the chamber (trampling on the Magic Carpet). A pit fiend flails impotently as the Bucaneers pass by.
Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 TempleofDoom009

One Westerlander is caged and abandoned.
Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 TempleofDoom011

Some Marienburgers squeeze into the treasure chamber before ANOTHER cage falls out of the ceiling to block the door again. Big Hoss is trapped by the falling cage.
Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 TempleofDoom012

To be continued...

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sat 29 Oct 2011 - 4:00; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pirates of the Karibbean   Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011 - 19:46

The Temple of Doom (cont'd)

The Buccaneers' witch enters the treasure chamber.
Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 TempleofDoom013

The Westerlanders flee with half of their number out of action.
Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 TempleofDoom014

Adam is caged by the 3rd and final iron cage to block the Marienburger's entrance.
Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 TempleofDoom015

The Penny Pinchers finally flood into the treasure chamber. They are met with magic and mayhem from the Buccaneers.
Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 TempleofDoom016

Post Battle
The Westerlanders fled with at least half of their number out of action. Several privateers died.

The Penny Pinchers lost three killed:
Quote :
Swordsman, Johnny on the Spot died
Swordsman, Gustav V died
Unnamed turncoat SKaven died

The Buccaneers' casualties all recovered as usual. The pirates find the first Major Artifact of the campaign after defeating a few zombie guardians.

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sat 29 Oct 2011 - 3:58; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pirates of the Karibbean   Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011 - 19:49

The Gunpowder Plot
The Sea Gitz attempt to burn the Governor's Mansion

The Best Laid Plans of Rats and Orcs
So here was the caper, see, da Sea Gitz made the palaver with Clan Eshin. Make ‘em an offer they can’t refuse, see. Old Borgut says if the rats help him raze Port Sigmar, they gets a cut of the loot. No help, Borgut guts ‘em skaven gits, simple. When its put simple that way, what are the rats going to say? They says they help, naturally. The skaven come up with this plan to surround the mansion with barrels of special gunpowder, placed all natural like. That way no matter which direction Borgut attacks from, there’s gunpowder to blow the mansion sky high.

Da Sea Gitz gather behind the United Pirate Shipping building.
Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 GunpowderPlot001

Problem is them rat-devils is rat-devils, ya know? Seems they have also infiltrated the Rieklanders of Port Sigmar. Got them a double agent, like. So the rat-devils double cross old Borgut.

Reiklanders ambush Borgut and his bodyguards as they approach the mansion. The (invisible) crowd flees in confusion and the alarm sounds.
Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 GunpowderPlot002

Of course old Borgut didn't get to be Kap'un by trusting rat-devils, no. He loads up on flaming arrows and torches, see? An that duppy git what used to work for the Rieklanders, he knows a fire spell, don't you know. Borgut, he's a cunnin' git and no mistake.

Still you'd think he would have checked the weather. See its raining pretty good on the day of the attack. Those barrels of gunpowder? Kind of a sticky goo is all they are. Of course they might a been just sticky goo to begin with seeing as how the rat-devils double crossed the Kap'un.

Clan Eshin attack the orc big 'uns. The mansion burns in the background.
Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 GunpowderPlot003

Da Sea Gitz confront the Rieklanders.
Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 GunpowderPlot005

The battle rages in the streets!
Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 GunpowderPlot006

Skaven form a bucket brigade. Every time the orcs lit the mansion on fire the rats put it out. Course the rain helped.
Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 GunpowderPlot007

Borgut is defeated by the Rieklander Captain!
Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 GunpowderPlot009

'Eadbasha bashes 'eads!
Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 GunpowderPlot010

The Rieklanders mop up.
Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 GunpowderPlot011

So old Borgut falling to the humie captain took the wind out of the Sea Gitz sails. 'Eadbasha mauled the humie captain pretty good, but they was too many of them humies. And more was coming! Zogging alarm bells ringing all around town. The Sea Gitz legged it.

Post Battle
Da Sea Gitz suffered their worst losses of the campaign.
Quote :
Death of Long Reacha da ork archer, death of Griff Too da Ogre, death of a Rocka, death of a Stabba,  Death of da ork pirate Kap'un Long Horns.
Several swabs deserted as well. One of the treacherous rat-devils was captured.

The Rieklanders suffered five of six heroes out of action, but no one died.

The skaven saved the mansion from burning down, but were attacked by the Governor's guards (who had arrived too late to see the fleeing orcs). The skaven butchered the guards and disappeared into the rain, victorious in their plots.
Several verminkin, the rat ogre and a dark elf assassin were killed. The skaven hero Weegis was captured.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pirates of the Karibbean   Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Oct 2011 - 3:33

I had to work late on game night so I scheduled some make-up games.

Assassination
The Arabyans attempt revenge for the Crusades

In the days and weeks that followed the Great Raid on Port Sigmar a strange calm descended on the Karibbean. Da Sea Gitz’ power seemed broken; the orcs withdrew to their hidden base. Their treacherous allies, Clan Eshin, also withdrew back to their secret lair to plot new outrages. The Rieklanders received lauds from the Governor for defeating the inhuman attackers. The Imperial faction’s power grew. With it, the power of the Cult of Sigmar grew as well.

Any advantage to the Sigmarites was a provocation to the men of Araby. Akbar and Atabeg howled for the blasphemer’s blood. Rais Al Kuds cautioned them to be patient and trust in the One to deliver their enemy to judgment, which in the fullness of time occurred.

It came to pass that the Rieklanders traveled to Torktuga to show the Imperial flag. Once the Imperials landed at the pirate stronghold it was a relatively simple undertaking to lure them away from their ship into the slums of the town.

Akbar watched the infidels strut through the crowds of Torktuga. The fanatic had nothing but contempt for both the drunken pirates and the blasphemous Imperials. Akbar had chosen the soldier Al Bobo and the merchant Almah to accompany him on his quest to slay the Sigmarite priest, David Gottard. The Reiklanders had been lured deep into Torktuga’s shantytown. The three Arabyans shadowed the Imperials awaiting their chance. Circumstances and the Rieklanders’ hired elf undid them.

The elf kept the assassins well out of striking distance. The fiend seemed to be everywhere. At first Akbar was confident that the elf’s diligence would be its undoing. The fey creature slipped easily through the crowd, investigating rumors and accosting suspicious characters. The assassins had to move deeper into the crowds to avoid the elf. Akbar fumed at the delay. Al Bobo and Almah tried to calm the fanatic, but their efforts came to naught. The crowds parted suddenly giving Akbar a clear look at a Reiklander.

“Die blasphemer!” Akbar screamed.

Heedless of the fact that the man was not their intended target, Akbar drew his scimitar and charged. The hapless warrior went down before Akbar’s steel. Al Bobo and Almah tried to support Akbar’s charge, but they were out of position. Almah drew a pistol and fired it at a well-dressed Imperial. Then she screamed and fell with a minor wound from a crossbow. Al Bobo roared and leapt to shield her with his body. Al Bobo could see a crowd of swordsmen surrounding Akbar. Akbar disappeared beneath flashing blades. The big janissary picked up the fallen merchant and disappeared into the crowd.

Post Battle
I really like this scenario, but I suck at it. My assassins were out of position because I lost track of their counters during set up. I didn’t want to tip their location by repositioning them and the game went down hill from there. Akbar survives against the odds.

The Reiklanders made lots of cash.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Pirates of the Karibbean   Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Oct 2011 - 8:49

HOORAY! PHOTOS HAVE RETURNED!...I'm a little late on this one thanks to Game 7 of the World Series. cheers Now that I drooled over the pics, it's back to read the words. What a Face
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Pirates of the Karibbean   Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Oct 2011 - 15:12

Yeahh, very nice fotos, i love the houses of Port Sigmar.

Very nice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pirates of the Karibbean   Pirates of the Karibbean - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pirates of the Karibbean
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next