Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

All alone tests - Vanilla Rules

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zero2Hero-DK
General
General
Zero2Hero-DK

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

All alone tests - Vanilla Rules Empty
PostSubject: All alone tests - Vanilla Rules   All alone tests - Vanilla Rules Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jul 2011 - 16:24

Hey there,
I'm in the process of checking up on all the small details of the game, so I'm 100% ready for a campaign I'm about to participate

This thread is concerning the "All alone"-test or breaking nerve in warriors who are in CC.

Of what I've understood so far, the test fires when a warrior is outnumbered by 2 or more opponents. Does this mean that the test is forced to be taking at the very instant that all other friendly warriors within 6inches is either KD/stunned/OOA? Or is the test processed in the owning players recovery phase before updating the models KD'ed or stunned?

Because if it is the first, and the warrior unfortunately has the lowest initiative or just recovered from KD, then this warrior will loose its attack this combat phase and bolt... Or am I wrong?

I hope I've made my self clear, since it is kind of a technical question to be answered, so please bear with me
Looking forwards to your response!

Kind regards
Zero2Hero-DK
Back to top Go down
http://Zero2Hero.tabletopgeeks.com
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: All alone tests - Vanilla Rules   All alone tests - Vanilla Rules Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jul 2011 - 17:42

I can't post the rule, but I can tell you that the rule states the test is taken at "the end of his combat phase." (Mordheim rule book p. 38) Thus only conditions existing at that instant are germane to the test. There is no test during the recovery phase except recovering from failing an all alone test.
Back to top Go down
Zero2Hero-DK
General
General
Zero2Hero-DK

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: All alone tests - Vanilla Rules   All alone tests - Vanilla Rules Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2011 - 10:28

Thanks a lot, I oversaw the "The end of his combat"-Phrase... it make more sense thanks! Does this mean that he has to make the test in every opponents combat phase? Say it's a 4-warband scenario and my warrior has been charged by 3 allied warbands against my lonely warrior. Do my warrior has to test against "all alone" in every of the opponents combat phases?
Thanks in advance :-)
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: All alone tests - Vanilla Rules   All alone tests - Vanilla Rules Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2011 - 18:18

I think his combat phase means on the player's tiurn only. While he has to fight each player's combat phase the test is only on your turn. At least I play that way...
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: All alone tests - Vanilla Rules   All alone tests - Vanilla Rules Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2011 - 21:41

However, since the combat phase is shared, with all players involved in a combat having a "combat phase" irregardless of whose turn it is, we play it that you make the roll at the end of the combat phase that causes the test.

To follow the above example where one warrior is facing attacks from 3 different warbands, why WOULDN'T the outnumbered warrior test? "Oh no, I don't have to test until my turn--should I live so long." Smile
Back to top Go down
Zero2Hero-DK
General
General
Zero2Hero-DK

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: All alone tests - Vanilla Rules   All alone tests - Vanilla Rules Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul 2011 - 14:54

Von Kurst wrote:

To follow the above example where one warrior is facing attacks from 3 different warbands, why WOULDN'T the outnumbered warrior test? "Oh no, I don't have to test until my turn--should I live so long." Smile

Yes, my point exactly... Thanks for clarifying this, I think our ruling will envolve testing every combat phase

Kind regards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All alone tests - Vanilla Rules   All alone tests - Vanilla Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All alone tests - Vanilla Rules
Page 1 of 1