Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Cornelius' Reiklander warband

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cornelius
Champion
Champion
cornelius

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

Cornelius' Reiklander warband Empty
PostSubject: Cornelius' Reiklander warband   Cornelius' Reiklander warband Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun 2011 - 3:17

After posting some pics of my Hired Swords and scenery I thought I'd share my warband Maximillian's Marksmen with the board. The quality isn't as good as some of my more recent work, but they were painted a few years ago.
First up, my captain and champions (Maximillian, Magnus and Marius).

[img]Cornelius' Reiklander warband Mordhe10[/img]

Next, Wilhelm and Theodore, my youngbloods.

[img]Cornelius' Reiklander warband Mordhe11[/img]

And finally, henchman groups The Altdorf Archers and The Reiks Rangers.

[img]Cornelius' Reiklander warband Mordhe12[/img]

I have plans to add a group of swordsmen, The Bogenhafen Blades, but they're only undercoated at the moment so I'll post them when complete, probably in about six months time at the speed I paint.
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Cornelius' Reiklander warband   Cornelius' Reiklander warband Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun 2011 - 8:57

A good looking bunch! The skin tone is nice, and especially the textiles have good depth!

The lighting is a bit weird though in your pics. I suggest that you take care to have stronger light from the photo direction than the background in the future.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Cornelius' Reiklander warband   Cornelius' Reiklander warband Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun 2011 - 9:52

Hey! Nice minis, especially the captain.The classic color-scheme is well executed. And I like the bases.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Cornelius' Reiklander warband   Cornelius' Reiklander warband Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun 2011 - 11:34

VERY NICE! That's a FINE LOOKING War Band...the basing & color choices are GREAT. I especially like the Captain & the Young Bloods. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
cornelius
Champion
Champion
cornelius

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Cornelius' Reiklander warband   Cornelius' Reiklander warband Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun 2011 - 15:14

Thanks guys, very positive feedback. As the Mordheim models are pretty much one off pieces I tend to take a bit more time on the bases so they look like fully formed pieces rather than rank and file members of an army.
Folketsfiende, you're right about the lighting, I'm still getting used to photographing miniatures and the yellow end of the spectrum seems to be too strong on the current setting. If I can figure it out I'll substitute new pics for the ones on this thread. Thanks to all for the responses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cornelius' Reiklander warband   Cornelius' Reiklander warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cornelius' Reiklander warband
Page 1 of 1