Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff

Go down 
+3
Da Bank
Tagnator
Snyder_7
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Snyder_7
Captain
Captain
Snyder_7

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned:

goblin - Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff   goblin - Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jul 2008 - 5:21

Here's my finished goblin fanatic, I'm surprised it turned out even somewhat decent...the grainy primer really made it hard to get a clean looking coat of paint down. It was most noticeable on the metal parts until I put several washes over it. There were also a bunch of parts on the model that I simply couldn't figure out what in the world they were supposed to be, but luckily most of them you can't see very well. Neutral

I also realize that the top chain link needs a blank spot in the middle, at the moment it's all a solid chunk of metal. Oh well. I also just got some green stuff and was messing around with trying to sculpt something onto an old mordheim figure I had sitting on the shelf. Nothing good, but it was fun to try anyways...though I really need something to sculpt with besides an x-acto knife and a toothpick. Very Happy Anyways, here are the pictures. The mordheim guy is a mutant, but his left arm isn't glued on yet. I haven't decided if I want to keep it or not, I have a mutated shield I could use on him as well that I'm kind of partial to.

Thoughts/advice appreciated on either!

Goblin Fanatic, Front:
goblin - Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff Fanati15

Goblin Fanatic, Back:
goblin - Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff Fanati13

Mutant, Side:
goblin - Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff Chaosp14

Mutant, Front:
goblin - Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff Chaosf11

Mutant, Back:
goblin - Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff Chaosb11
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff   goblin - Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jul 2008 - 16:15

ok you got skills
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff   goblin - Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul 2008 - 0:03

I 2nd you got skills....great work
Back to top Go down
Snyder_7
Captain
Captain
Snyder_7

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff   goblin - Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul 2008 - 1:17

Thanks guys. I've changed the mutant quite a bit, he now looks more heavily armored. I swapped the blade arm for a shield and changed the sword he's holding, plus I added some fungus growth. Hopefully pictures will be up later tonight! I also removed the crest from his helmet as well, it just looked goofy. Smile I think I'll try and sculpt big horns onto it or something..

Last edited by Snyder_7 on Sun 6 Jul 2008 - 9:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff   goblin - Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul 2008 - 1:42

Good work man. I like
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com
Snyder_7
Captain
Captain
Snyder_7

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff   goblin - Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul 2008 - 8:41

Alright, here are some updated pictures of the mutant...he changed quite a bit. First of all, don't be alarmed by any bright blue stuff bulging from his joints, it's just blu-tac. He's not actually completely glued together yet. I sculpted some mutant-fungus type stuff on his back and a little on the shield. I also hacked up the shield and added a "tongue" (tentacle!) sticking out of the mouth of the lion. Removed the helmet crest and settled for more fungus, a little of which is creeping onto his face. Also, the big spot on his back will be painted as a giant eye. Smile

New Mutant, Front:
goblin - Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff Mutant11

Back:
goblin - Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff Mutant10

Side, 1:
goblin - Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff Mutant13

Side, 2:
goblin - Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff Mutant14
Back to top Go down
Erkwin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Erkwin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff   goblin - Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul 2008 - 9:28

Very cool model!
Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff   goblin - Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul 2008 - 11:04

WOW!
Nice piece of work; the armor, especially the leg armor, & the fancy stuff on the back is beautifully done. I've got to admit te tongue on the shield is my favorite. The helmet looks like a filigreed, WWII German helmet; from an Allied point of view that denotes an "evil" alignment. GOOD WORK!

EXCELLENT PAINT JOB ON THE FANATIC! I like your choice of colors, & Very Well executed! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff   goblin - Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul 2008 - 11:39

looks fantastic mate. Only advise I can give is for you to do something with that GS hole on his back. put mark of nurgle ect as right now it is the only boring part of the model.
Back to top Go down
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff   goblin - Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul 2008 - 18:08

Good work. Very nice GS work!
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com
Snyder_7
Captain
Captain
Snyder_7

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff   goblin - Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul 2008 - 20:04

Thanks for the replies everyone.

@DeafNala- I didn't think about the German helmet with netting while I was sculpting, but now that you mention it I can see it completely...Oh God, Nazis in Mordheim! Shocked

@MrBretonnia- I was considering trying to put a mark of some sort, or perhaps a tentacle on it...but I decided that I'm going to paint it as a really bright eye staring out of the nasty fungal growth on his back. I think if I get the colors right it should be a pretty cool contrast.

I'm going to be running into the craft store soon for some glue, maybe I'll actually pick up a few sculpting tools! Using an x-acto knife, a toothpick, and some pins doesn't make for a terribly good sculpting experience. Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff   goblin - Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff Icon_minitimeSat 16 Aug 2008 - 11:31

Just popped in to see if there were any new developments. WELL![tapping foot,arms crossed, stern look Suspect ] goblin - Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff 2194 :magister:

While I was going into Pest Mode I noticed the thing that makes your mutants horrific is that OTHER THAN the Stigmata of Chaos, they appear to be "normal" mercenary warriors; AN EXCELLENT EFFECT. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Axel
General
General
Axel

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff   goblin - Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff Icon_minitimeSat 16 Aug 2008 - 13:10

first of all I love the fanatics paintjob and second of all you cant really see its your first time greenstuff Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff   goblin - Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff Icon_minitimeSat 16 Aug 2008 - 13:11

I agree with DeafNala....I was hoping for some new stuff. Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff   goblin - Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Goblin Fanatic, First Time Green Stuff
Page 1 of 1