Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Who's got dibs on the dead?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hrok
Hero
Hero
Hrok

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

Who's got dibs on the dead? Empty
PostSubject: Who's got dibs on the dead?   Who's got dibs on the dead? Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jun 2011 - 8:15

Ok, so we were having a battle earlier today, and there were three teams, but only two are relevant to the question. The ogres, and the undead. The undead player had a spell that allowed him to zombify dead heroes. The ogre player lost a hero, and it says that his guys get to eat their dead. Who gets priority on the dead? I'd sort of been reading the rules more conservatively, with dead undead heroes being buried, rather than zombified, and the ogre rule also states that he gets any heroes he kills, which seems fair to say that he stole it from the undead. However, in a situation like this, who gets the hero? Does the ogre get it, because his special ability says he gets to eat it? Or does the undead player get it because its one of his spells?

We ended up determining that both players get it, because the carcass is large, but in the case that a hero that the ogres did not kill is slain, who would get it?
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Who's got dibs on the dead?   Who's got dibs on the dead? Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jun 2011 - 8:34

Hmm, on which page of the ogre rules is stated that they eat their dead?

Are you using the Btb rules?

I only find in these rules that they may eat their comrades to gain experience but not that they eat their dead comrades in general.

I would say the undead get their ogre zombie ( which is really evil).

But maybe i overlooked the section in the rules.
Back to top Go down
Davespaceman
Knight
Knight
Davespaceman

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Who's got dibs on the dead?   Who's got dibs on the dead? Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jun 2011 - 10:29

Ogre uber zombie never had one of those but one day I hope I do
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Who's got dibs on the dead?   Who's got dibs on the dead? Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jun 2011 - 15:46

We had a player with an Undead Centigor after the first game. Halfway through, he stole my Vampire. Unless consolation is that he was unarmed at the time, so he had a powerful S5 T5 monster running around with one dagger.

In this situation, you both have a fair claim. I say roll off to see who found the body first.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Hrok
Hero
Hero
Hrok

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Who's got dibs on the dead?   Who's got dibs on the dead? Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jun 2011 - 23:09

http://tabletopgeeks.com/wp-content/downloads/warbands/Ogre_Warband.pdf

Quote :
Note: Any member of your warband that gets killed in a fight might
be eaten too!

The thing is, when a roll-off was suggested, the ogre player didn't want to roll for it, stating that "Its my guy, and I get him." He claimed that, since the wounded were removed from the field upon routing, the dead must have been too.

And I suppose that it also says explicitly that dead heroes must have been killed in hand to hand combat with an ogre. So that settles that specifically. Also the ogre was a runt who hadn't leveled yet and was poorly-armed. Better than nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's got dibs on the dead?   Who's got dibs on the dead? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's got dibs on the dead?
Page 1 of 1