Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.

Go down 
+5
WarbossKurgan
Von Kurst
JoaoS
Krolog da Facemangolor
smokezombie
9 posters
AuthorMessage
smokezombie
Warlord
Warlord
smokezombie

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Empty
PostSubject: Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.   Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jun 2011 - 20:29

Hey all, I'm looking for some cheap ruins to use in some jungle terrain.
Do these look familiar to anyone? Or does anyone know where I can get something similar?

The pics of my stuff are further down the page.

Last edited by smokezombie on Wed 7 Sep 2011 - 15:57; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Krolog da Facemangolor
Youngblood
Youngblood
Krolog da Facemangolor

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.   Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jun 2011 - 22:36

Those all look hand made. The trees and all the greenery look to be fish tank plants and the polystyrene ruins are all hand made. If your looking to buy these try bartertowns terain stores or find some good terain people on a forum and ask what they would charge. They would be fun to try your self if you want to take a crack at it.
Back to top Go down
smokezombie
Warlord
Warlord
smokezombie

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.   Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jun 2011 - 10:34

Damm! I was hoping to be able to pick up some cheap ruins.
His jungle stuff looks top notch but I despair of buying some ruins for £10 and a neverending box of aquarium plants for £20!!!!
Homemade it is.
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.   Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jun 2011 - 18:18

Well, you might be able to find bits and pieces in pets shops or even in garden centres. One of my future projects is to make a jungle with some far-Eastern ruins. For that, I'm planning of getting some small Buddha-like statues and make a few cracks on the sculptures (hope that's not heresy!). Smile

If you want to shop online, you can always try eBay and do a more detailed search on ruins, decorations, etc.

http://home-garden.shop.ebay.co.uk/Fish-/20754/i.html?Item%2520Type=Decorations&_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A4908&rt=nc&_nkw=ruin&_dmpt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&_ipg=200&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1514

As for plants, I found a company that ships their stuff to the UK with free postage. They sell palm trees, etc.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/everestmodel/_i.html?rt=nc&_nkw=tree&_sid=228614374&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14&_sop=15&_sc=1

Finally, you can always get in touch with Rosewood Pets. They sell these moss balls with 50 detachable plants each! I got one for £5.

http://www.rosewoodpet.com/catalogue/detail.aspx?pid=429&gid=28983&pg=RLPEAGupcjn26YUB0cF7MQ%3d%3d

http://forge-quest.blogspot.com/2010/12/happy-new-year-in-bogs.html

Joao
Back to top Go down
http://fistful-minis.blogspot.co.uk/
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.   Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jun 2011 - 1:10

Oops, should've mentioned free postage from £7.99 onwards...
Back to top Go down
smokezombie
Warlord
Warlord
smokezombie

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.   Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jun 2011 - 10:32

JoaoS ,you sir, are a legend!!
The ebay shop that sells trees is just what I was looking for and the moss balls look just the job too.
The aquarium prieces are all a bit pricy and not quite what I'm looking for tho.
Thanks a million for the links. Much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.   Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jun 2011 - 16:07

Hey, that's cool. Glad I could be of help!

What are you looking for in terms of ruins?

Joao
Back to top Go down
smokezombie
Warlord
Warlord
smokezombie

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.   Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jun 2011 - 17:36

Well it's for an upcomming Lustria campaign, some generic walls/arches/ walkways/ pillars etc. A bit like the stuff in the link my first post. I'll make them if I have to but I'd like to see if there's anything reasonably ( read CHEAP!! ) out there first.
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.   Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jun 2011 - 21:38

I see. It's tricky if you want the ruins to be super cheap (but not impossible!). I'll let you know if I spot something in the meantime.

Joao

Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.   Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jun 2011 - 0:58

Back to top Go down
smokezombie
Warlord
Warlord
smokezombie

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.   Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jun 2011 - 5:27

Thanks Von Krust, I've had a quick look at these before but I'll working nights this week so will go through them in more detail.
It's supprising how few things comes up when you search lustria here.
One thing did catch my eye tho. Where did you get all that fantastic card Lost city stuff on page three?... and all the other fantastic stone stuff?
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.   Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jun 2011 - 10:37

Those links you sent were really cool, Von Kurst. Really inspirational. I've been trying to find stuff on eBay for jungle ruins, but apart from aquarium decorations (which most times aren't that cheap), there is very little that matches quality and low prices...

I guess for pillars you can always do a search on "cake pillar" or "plaster pillar". They're usually cheap and you can always open a few cracks here and there.

Joao
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.   Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jun 2011 - 18:42

You are both welcome. Lustria is my favorite setting followed closely by Khemri.

Quote :
Where did you get all that fantastic card Lost city stuff on page three?... and all the other fantastic stone stuff?

LOL--the card stuff is often the first thing people ask about and I hate card scenery. It is really well done though. Those pieces were made by a local guy but I haven't run into him in years. It was part of the local store's collection. Sadly poor storage has destroyed much of it over the years.

The rest of the stuff is either playtable's or mine. We have built a lot over the years.
Back to top Go down
smokezombie
Warlord
Warlord
smokezombie

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.   Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jun 2011 - 21:44

I'm usually not so keen on card stock stuff either but the stuff you used fit the bill quite nicely.
The terraclips stuff for Malfaux is also really nice and if I had money to burn I would get the lot.
Can't post a link because I'm at work Sad but I'm sure everyone has seen them allready.
Back to top Go down
smokezombie
Warlord
Warlord
smokezombie

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.   Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jul 2011 - 23:53

I thought i'd share a few things I've made/been working on.
[img]Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Davespics067[/img]

[img]Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Davespics068[/img]
These are some "filler" trees. used a 2p as a base and put two trees on each, fixed on with 2part epoxy based in sand, painted black, drybrushed brown and than bleached bone, finished with random bits of static grass.......NONE of which shows in the picture....grrrrrrr.
The trees I didn't paint at all. They came from the ebay seller you showed me JoaoS and I think we got 100 for under £6.
Hopefully they will be used to scatter around the table to fill it up and make the jungle look a bit more dense.

[img]Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Davespics072[/img]
These three fellas were origionally ment as rubble ruins for Mordheim setting but got drafted into Lustria, I just stuck some of the trees on them recently, I need to paint the floor.

I also bought some of the moss balls and tore them to pieces, they will come in handy for some scrubb/ under growth type plants.
It's only a start but what do you think?
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.   Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011 - 0:32

Wow! Looks amazing! I'm glad your eBay deal went well. Gosh, 100 trees for under £6 is a fantastic deal indead!! Smile
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.   Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011 - 11:13

JoaoS wrote:
Wow! Looks amazing! I'm glad your eBay deal went well. Gosh, 100 trees for under £6 is a fantastic deal indead!! Smile
+1!

They look great - I want some of those trees!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.   Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011 - 12:29

CONGRATULATIONS on the tree purchase...looks like you're doing a SPLENDID job with them. I really like the ones growing around the transplanted ruins...it has a second growth feel to it. The Jungle project is shaping up nicely; keep up the GOOD WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
smokezombie
Warlord
Warlord
smokezombie

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.   Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Icon_minitimeTue 9 Aug 2011 - 22:24

Thanks guys, I'm really getting into making the Lustria terrain at the moment. Here's some more stuff I made, to try and get a bit of elevation into the game.
[img]Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Davespics020-2[/img]
[img]Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Davespics021-2[/img]

And the finished rocks with trees I showed in an earlier post.
[img]Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Davespics024-2[/img]
[img]Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Davespics023-2[/img]

Group shop!
[img]Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Davespics022-2[/img]
Back to top Go down
Etrigan001
Veteran
Veteran
Etrigan001

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.   Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug 2011 - 1:42

very nice! I like that you have the trees at an angle instead of straight up and down... gives it more of a ''realistic'' look

great stuff here! keep it up!
Back to top Go down
smokezombie
Warlord
Warlord
smokezombie

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.   Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Icon_minitimeWed 7 Sep 2011 - 15:53

Thanks Etrigan. Im working on two more rock pieces and six large gungle tree stand pieces ( as well as my savage O+G warband.... and models needed for random lustrian encounters ). hopefully I'll get some pics up soon.
We've had about 3 games now and my advice to anyone building terrain for a jungle is to make double the ammount of things you think you need!! I have used my 100 trees and need some more Shocked
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.   Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Icon_minitimeWed 7 Sep 2011 - 17:04

Sorry it took so long to comment. What a Face
The palm trees look GREAT. The regular, squared off shape of the elevation pieces is both playable & hints at the possibility that their shape is due to some mysterious race's fabrication (insert eerie "B" movie music here). Keep'em coming...everything looks FANTASTIC! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
luckyjoe
General
General
luckyjoe

PostSubject: Re: Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.   Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Icon_minitimeWed 7 Sep 2011 - 20:27

That is some very nice looking terrain. I really like the rocky hills a lot.
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.   Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Icon_minitimeWed 7 Sep 2011 - 20:49

Fantastic terrain, love the palmtrees, and those cliffs are also well done, thumbs up!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.   Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jungle ruins....and Lustrian stuff I've made.
Page 1 of 1