HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 

The Hireling Agency - 5Pointer's Hired Swords

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: The Hireling Agency - 5Pointer's Hired Swords   Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 11:14

I really like Fernando, nice mini, nicely painted.

Vladik is good too.

Hmm the next hireling should be something spectacular, maybe on horse or so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
5pointer
Elder
Elder

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: The Hireling Agency - 5Pointer's Hired Swords   Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 11:38

Alas, there are no mounted hirelings! Even for the Road Warden and Highwayman, I hate the mounted minis that much I can't bear to paint them...

There are a few Ogres? or a couple that come with some 'friends' in their hire cost?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BurnTheWitch
General
General

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ogres (BTB) Ogres (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: The Hireling Agency - 5Pointer's Hired Swords   Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 11:57

How about some dramatis personae? Very Happy they are also hirelings of a sort!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
5pointer
Elder
Elder

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Hireling Agency - 5Pointer's Hired Swords   Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 12:03

True, I've got all the main ones (except Bertha, 'cause Mrs 5pointer has her) but maybe they should wait until I learn to paint better Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BurnTheWitch
General
General

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ogres (BTB) Ogres (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: The Hireling Agency - 5Pointer's Hired Swords   Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 13:42

Until you paint better? I think you paint very well indeed Smile I got every DP too, except bertha aswell, but she is on my want list so she wont be out of my reach for long! I think you should post some DP's, you got the skills! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
5pointer
Elder
Elder

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Hireling Agency - 5Pointer's Hired Swords   Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 14:39

Well thank you very much (and good luck with getting Bertha!), but if I wait until I've painted the rest of the 100 Hireling Agency members I'll really do justice to such marvellous minis as Aenur and Johann!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: The Hireling Agency - 5Pointer's Hired Swords   Thu 23 Jun 2011 - 1:16

5pointer wrote:
Alas, there are no mounted hirelings! Even for the Road Warden and Highwayman, I hate the mounted minis that much I can't bear to paint them...

There are a few Ogres? or a couple that come with some 'friends' in their hire cost?

Ahh it is a shame you don't like mounted minis.

I love them, although they are not so useful in Mordheim with the current rules.

Ok another spectacular mini can be an Ogre:Maybe a hunter like tyoe with a wolf or sabre toth tiger as companion. Or an pirate gunner ogre with a bombard of the BtB maneaters rules?

What ever you will do, i am sure i will like it.

Paint on!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Hireling Agency - 5Pointer's Hired Swords   Thu 23 Jun 2011 - 11:04

Great job on the hired swords and their biographies. I especially like the Arab warrior since I have been working on him of late.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sianpää
Veteran
Veteran

Trading Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: The Hireling Agency - 5Pointer's Hired Swords   Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 7:30

Nice variety of different kind of figures and great background fluff!
I can only repeat what others have said how your fluff makes these figures really come to life. Great job. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
5pointer
Elder
Elder

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Hireling Agency - 5Pointer's Hired Swords   Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 14:18

SerialMoM wrote:
Ahh it is a shame you don't like mounted minis.

I love them, although they are not so useful in Mordheim with the current rules.

Ok another spectacular mini can be an Ogre:Maybe a hunter like tyoe with a wolf or sabre toth tiger as companion. Or an pirate gunner ogre with a bombard of the BtB maneaters rules?

What ever you will do, i am sure i will like it.

Paint on!

Aaaah, I think I misled you - it is not mounted minis I hate (I have plenty in my High Elf army and even bike-mounted in my CSM army), I just hate the Mordheim mounted models!

There are actually two hirelings that I have planned that have a kind of mount, so they'll make an appearance at some point, don't worry! Wink

Well, Ogres it is then! I have three planned for the Agency, so will get to work on them when time allows in between my other projects.

Von Kurst wrote:

Great job on the hired swords and their biographies. I especially like the Arab warrior since I have been working on him of late.

Thank you! He is a wonderful mini isn't he? I'm almost tempted to buy another one just to save for when my skills develop beyond the basics!

sianpää wrote:

Nice variety of different kind of figures and great background fluff!
I can only repeat what others have said how your fluff makes these figures really come to life. Great job.

Thank you for your kind words - I'm a bit obsessed over fluff, I name every single regiment/squad in every single army of mine, and of course every character is named also. Without fluff, I might as well just paint chess pieces! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
5pointer
Elder
Elder

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Hireling Agency - 5Pointer's Hired Swords   Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 13:59

Time for some threadomancy methinks...

Zob Rockgut - Ogre Irongut

Zob Rockgut always had a strong sense of wanderlust and once he'd come of age, he decided to go for a walk. A long walk. Zob kept on walking, attaching himself to various armies along the way to earn his food, and eventually found himself at Mordheim. Immediately Zob stopped walking - it seems he has found what he was looking for.

I'm fairly happy with his Maw tattoo, decent enough for the tabletop IMO...at least I hope so!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
5pointer
Elder
Elder

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Hireling Agency - 5Pointer's Hired Swords   Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 14:02

But wait! There is more! I teased a mounted HS so I humbly present to my fellow forumites...

Fink and Grup - Gnoblar Piggybackers

Fink was once used as a Toothpick-Gnoblar by an Irongut of the Growling Gut Tribe and as a result lost his legs. Fink’s friend (and the next Toothpick-Gnoblar in line!), Grup, managed to sneak away carrying the amputated Gnoblar with him. They have wandered together ever since, fighting together and eking out a living in the harsh world outside of the Tribe.

Attracted to Mordheim by the promise of food, shiny things and not too many Ogres, Fink and Grup hire themselves out to anyone who doesn’t boss them around too much.

I can't say these little dudes were particularly enjoyable to paint, how interesting can rags be?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Trading Reputation : 8

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: The Hireling Agency - 5Pointer's Hired Swords   Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 14:48

VERY COOL mini(s) & background fluff...thee Little Guys painted up nicely. That's one of my favorite Gnoblars. I did them up with Night Goblin heads & added two feet to the mounted one; the result was suitably cartoony. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hireling Agency - 5Pointer's Hired Swords   Today at 16:34

Back to top Go down

The Hireling Agency - 5Pointer's Hired Swords
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2