Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

The Stunned result on the Whoa Boy table

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

The Stunned result on the Whoa Boy table Empty
PostSubject: The Stunned result on the Whoa Boy table   The Stunned result on the Whoa Boy table Icon_minitimeTue 17 May 2011 - 21:34

For years we have played sort of loosely with the riding rules. Every now and then a hero will be stunned and fall off his horse. Usually we count that hero as still in hand to hand, but if his horse or warhorse did not bolt, it would defend him.

We have been off in Sartosa or Lustria for the last couple of campaigns its been almost a year since anyone has bothered to own a horse. But as the Sisters of Sgmar's Vigilance canter through Estallia, they keep falling off their ponies. And the damned things patiently stand over their fallen rider instead of bolting and allowing the Arabyans to steal them.

So the first time it happened we had a discussion. Does the rider get back on the horse automatically in his recovery phase?

We used to say no since mounting a horse happens in movement and there is no movement if you are in hand to hand. Also how does a rider just returning to consciousness leap back on to the horse's back while enemies hack and slash at him?

But it is just a game and the are heroes...

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Schoel
Knight
Knight
Schoel

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: The Stunned result on the Whoa Boy table   The Stunned result on the Whoa Boy table Icon_minitimeTue 17 May 2011 - 22:57

In our group we skipped the special injury rolls for mounted warriors completely and just go with the regular KD, Stunned, OOA. In our opinion, the mounted injury roll made mounts too bad for their price.

By the letter of the rule, I'd say you would have to spend a turn after standing up mounting your horse.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: The Stunned result on the Whoa Boy table   The Stunned result on the Whoa Boy table Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011 - 10:28

I cannot answer your question because we rarely use mounts (something I'd like to change if I can in the future).

I believe that in our group we currently have been using the standard injury table when attacking the warrior on a mount and the Whoa Boy! table when attacking the mount.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Stunned result on the Whoa Boy table   The Stunned result on the Whoa Boy table Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011 - 18:41

Thanks for the replies gents.

RL--we use that type of rules for ridden monsters, really only the gigantic spider from the forest goblins.

I like part of the whoa boy rules because I like the chaos of riderless mounts galloping about (and its how we steal horses). But they are kind of lethal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Stunned result on the Whoa Boy table   The Stunned result on the Whoa Boy table Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Stunned result on the Whoa Boy table
Page 1 of 1