Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Nurgle's Rot

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Schoel
Knight
Knight
Schoel

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

Nurgle's Rot Empty
PostSubject: Nurgle's Rot   Nurgle's Rot Icon_minitimeSat 7 May 2011 - 12:42

What are people's feelings about Nurgle's Rot? If taken by both Tainted Ones, they WILL soon enough kill all opponents they meet. I mean, rolling a 6 to hit can easily happen several times in one game.
Slowly killing other warbands is something that ruins the game for many people and what eventually led to banning Carnival of Chaos in our group. However, I feel we might have been to harsh. I know some of you use Carnival of Chaos, have you "fixed" this somehow or is it not that big a deal?
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

Nurgle's Rot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nurgle's Rot   Nurgle's Rot Icon_minitimeSat 7 May 2011 - 13:32

Hey,

This has been discussed several times before so a quick search on the forum may be useful. Smile

First the last errata for Mordheim changes Nurgle's Rot from a 'to hit' roll of 6 to a 'to wound' roll of 6. This decreases the likelihood a bit but many still feel that the Rot is still too bad.

Here is a link to another thread that discusses Nurgle's Rot and the 'house rules' that my gaming group implemented for the rot (refer to the two dot points in my post).
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t2869p25-nurgle-s-rot#68082

I actually like the idea of Nurgle's Rot extending beyond a single battle. It has a strong ability to add narrative to the campaign (hence I also like the idea of lycanthrope from the Balewolf in Empire in Flames or lycanthrope from the Cursed Hillman hired sword in Fanatic Online). However, the official rules make the Rot too easy to get and provide no ways of recovery. This is no good at all. I think that extra stuff should be added to to your campaign to allow the Rot to be cured either in the rules for the Rot itself (as my gaming group has done) or something a bit different like by adding another post-battle location like the apothecary (on this note I saw Werekin mention something about a "Shallaya Cloister" which I suspect/hope may be a post-battle location coming from the Liber Malefic that may provide this very ability).

I vote for keeping the Rot as close to the official rules as possible. I hope this helps. Very Happy

Cheers,

Ben
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

Nurgle's Rot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nurgle's Rot   Nurgle's Rot Icon_minitimeSat 7 May 2011 - 17:41

As a CoC player, I just avoid Nurgle's Rot. There's not a very strong incentive to purchase the gift for my tainted ones, and if my Carnival Master rolls the spell everyone in the group agrees that it's OK to re-roll for a different spell. I haven't played with a cart in a long time, but I think we just dropped it from the cart - it's still really good even without the rot.

The thing is, Nurgle's Rot doesn't directly assist the CoC player - it doesn't get him any more gold, it doesn't get the warrior who caused it any more xp, all it does is probably, eventually, kill off an opponent (and weaken him for subsequent battles). Ganging up on an enemy is a much more efficient way of killing him off than waiting around for him to fail those toughness tests.

Plus, as your group has apparently already experienced, it just generates ill-will towards the warband and whoever's playing them - no fun for anyone.
Back to top Go down
Saranor
Warlord
Warlord
Saranor

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

Nurgle's Rot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nurgle's Rot   Nurgle's Rot Icon_minitimeMon 9 May 2011 - 12:26

in my opinion nurgle´s rot can help you ingame. Your model become a prime target for every range weapon and every one will try to avoid this thing. It gives you some strategic advantages, which you can use.

A posessed is nasty, but if he attacks you, in the worst case a model goes OOA, but nurgle´s rot can cause harm to your whole warband and you have to get rid of this model as soon as possible.

I have only once played a multiplayer game with CoC and luckily the coc player hadn't Nurgles rot, but as i witnessed a CoC-Enemy i planned to do all in my power to kill a model like this. i bought blessed water and other stuff just against this one model.
I don't like this mutation, but it has advantages i respect(or better fear). It´s a kind of spot/aggro skill, which protect the rest of the warband, because all your enemy is concerned is to stop/avoid this model.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nurgle's Rot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nurgle's Rot   Nurgle's Rot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nurgle's Rot
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Rules and Gameplay-
Jump to: