HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 

Wee War: Grom the Paunch and Niblit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Wee War: Grom the Paunch and Niblit   Fri 29 Apr 2011 - 5:44

After much consideration, I thought I'd set the Wee War not at an arbitrary point, but in the wake of Waaagh Grom. While the goblin invasion doesn't exactly set the same silly tone I was hoping to achieve for the Wee War, I couldn't pass up the chance to cite an actual Goblin invasion through the Moot... hence a new star DP... Prices are only hypothetical at this point, feedback most welcome

GROM THE PAUNCH & NIBLIT
The most fearsome Goblin boss ever (at least, in the short memory of greenskins), was no doubt Grom the Paunch. His amazing size was due to an eating he partook in, during which he ingested several raw Troll-meat steaks. The undercooked meat has spent the last few years regenerating in his stomach, giving him constant indigestion and the ability to heal wounds. On his way to the heart of the Empire, he will gleefully kill any man or Halfling that stands in his way. His standard bearer Niblit, as always, is faithfully at his side.
Hire Fee: Grom and Niblit cost 90 gold crowns to hire; +40 gold crowns upkeep cost.
May be Hired: Grom may only be hired by Goblin warbands.
Rating: Grom and Niblit increases the warband’s rating by +85 points.

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Grom 4 5 3 4 4 3 4 4 8
Niblit 4 3 3 3 3 1 2 1 6
Grom Weapons & Equipment: Grom wields the might double-handed weapon, the Axe of Grom. He also wears light armor and wears a helmet.
Skills: Reckless Charge, Strongman, Fearsome.

Grom Special Rules:
Regenerate: Due to the raw troll meat Grom ate, he can mimic their unique physiology that allows them to regenerate wounds. Whenever an enemy successfully inflicts a wound on Grom roll a D6, on a result of 4 or more the wound is ignored and Grom is unhurt. Grom may not regenerate wounds caused by fire or fire-based magic.
Eats Elves for Breakfast: Any Goblin warband that has Grom join them ignores the rule “Fear Elves”.
Axe of Grom: The Axe of Grom is a double-handed weapon (+2 Strength), and causes Critical Hits on a roll of 5 or 6 to wound. If the wounded model is an Elf, he rolls +1 on the Critical Hit result table.
Niblit weapons and Equipment: Niblit is equipped with the Lucky Banner. He does not carry any other items.
Niblit Special Rules:
Lackey: Niblit will always move after Grom, and will always stay within 6” of Grom if possible. If he starts his move more than 6” away, and he is able to move, he will always move within 6” of Grom.
Lucky Banner: Niblit carries the Lucky Banner. It has several effects (see below). If Niblit is removed, the banner is removed with him.
Fighting: The Lucky Banner may be used in hand to hand combat as a spear.
Pole: The Lucky Banner counts as a Boss Pole- all friendly goblins within 6” of Niblit are immune to Animosity. This ability only lasts while Grom is on the board- if Grom is taken out of action, his banner has less sway over the troops.
Lucky: While holding the Banner, Niblit has a +2 armor save (bringing it 5+). If Grom is within 6”, he also receives +2 to his armor save (bringing it to 4+ for Grom). Both of them cannot have their armor save reduced below 6+, although it may be ignored as normal.
Overt: The banner makes it very hard for Niblit to sneak around. He cannot be declared as hidden.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Wee War: Grom the Paunch and Niblit   Fri 29 Apr 2011 - 8:19

I figured Grom would be running between fights. So maybe he would work similar to Bertha and the bigger the battle the easier it would be to get his help. He doesn't care about the money as much as the fight I would think? So maybe something like that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wee War: Grom the Paunch and Niblit   Fri 29 Apr 2011 - 8:30

He's hardly a benevolent spirit... although the idea of using the "beseech" system might be fairer for such a strong DP as him.
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Wee War: Grom the Paunch and Niblit   Fri 29 Apr 2011 - 9:37

More of a 'beg' system. Thinking of it as Grom shows up to hog the credit. I would say he counts as the leader for the battle he is in. He would not let another boss him around. Although that would steal your winning leader exp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Wee War: Grom the Paunch and Niblit   Fri 29 Apr 2011 - 11:01

Also I think that your timeline or fluff should be that this occurs before the start of Waaagh Grom. Grom is scouting the land or somesuch.

I do like the idea of a Goblin warband being usurped by Da Boss for a game.

Quote :
While holding the Banner, Niblit has a +2 armor save (bringing it 5+).
This is confusing.

"While Niblit holds the Banner, Niblit and Grom gain +2 to their armor saves." Maybe?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wee War: Grom the Paunch and Niblit   Sat 30 Apr 2011 - 23:36

Pre-Grom Waagh: Hmm, I was thinking post-waagh, but I really like the "pre" idea. It keeps the idyllic nature of the Moot intact, but shadows the approaching doom on the horizon. In a campaign, it might mean that the goblins are scared off, and go wander in a different part of Averland... or maybe the orcs raise the entire province to the ground.

Holding banner: I suppose. I wanted to throw in the 6" range thing, which seemed awkward in the same sentence. How's this:

Lucky: While Niblit holds it, the banner gives Niblit and Grom +2 Armor save. Grom only receives this bonus if he is within 6" of Niblit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wee War: Grom the Paunch and Niblit   Today at 7:30

Back to top Go down

Wee War: Grom the Paunch and Niblit
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Rules and Gameplay-
Jump to: