Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dahag
Warlord
Warlord
Dahag

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws Empty
PostSubject: Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws   Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011 - 7:53

we're using the optional critical hits table and I found nowhere a classification, to which kind of weapon the fighting claws belong.

They are probably not swords but what are they? unarmed does not seem to be correct either...
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws   Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011 - 8:29

They would probably be used to slash and cut at an enemy so i would use the table for swords, axes etc. Although you could argue they pierce instead so use the dagger chart, but I would say slashing.
Back to top Go down
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws   Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011 - 13:30

AFAIK this hasn't been specified anywhere, but we use the Unarmed crit table for both daggers and fighting claws.

Balrog - Are you guys using the piercing crit table for daggers?
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws   Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011 - 16:29

Yes we use the piercing. I did not realize until just now that dagger was not one of the ones mentioned. But due to the fighting style it makes sense to me.

I guess it was the Warhammer Fantasy RPG that clearly defines daggers as piercing weapons for criticals maybe?

Back to top Go down
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws   Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011 - 20:20

The primary reason we couldn't reconcile daggers using the thrusting weapon crit list is the Kebab! result. Run someone through with such force that anyone standing behind him is hit as well.. with a dagger? I don't buy it.
Back to top Go down
Dahag
Warlord
Warlord
Dahag

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws   Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2011 - 15:54

never heard of piercing critical hits in mordheim. Or am I misunderstanding something?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws   Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2011 - 16:24

Piercing and Thrusting weapons--spears, lances and halberds.
Back to top Go down
Dahag
Warlord
Warlord
Dahag

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws   Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2011 - 23:48

well, thrusting crits I know of course but I never realised they are called piercing weapons, too...

so, any further votes? Smile so far I guess it's either bladed weapons, which makes some sense as they slash and pierce like swords, also they do parry as swords do...

or thrusting weapons. I could well imagine being "kebabed" by a fighting claw... (not myself, notably.. shudder.....)
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws   Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011 - 1:41

In my circle we have always used the Bladed Weapon category. The model of the skaven armed with fighting claws seems to have the claws similar to dagger blades tied to the hands and a dagger is a bladed weapon so a fighting claw probably is too.
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws   Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011 - 5:33

FKSN wrote:
The primary reason we couldn't reconcile daggers using the thrusting weapon crit list is the Kebab! result. Run someone through with such force that anyone standing behind him is hit as well.. with a dagger? I don't buy it.

Daggers are perfect for Thrusting weapons! Kebab I imagined as a full body slam with the dagger leading the way. Or I guess for a goblin they stab you in the foot causing you to fall back in pain?

And I say claws should be Bladed. I would allow thrusting only if they modeled some really cool punching daggers or something.
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws   Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws Icon_minitimeThu 28 Apr 2011 - 7:56

A body slam is fair enough, but so hard your dagger comes out the other side? And into the next guy, possibly hard enough to be into the guy after that? Each to their own, I guess Smile.
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws   Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws Icon_minitimeThu 28 Apr 2011 - 16:17

I figure it is more of the full body of the hit model slamming into them that does it. I don't know about you but guys carry a lot of weapons on them... Wink
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws   Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws Icon_minitimeFri 29 Apr 2011 - 6:17

How is that? The most they can carry is three (excluding ranged weapons), at least one of which will likely be in the hands of the person.
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws   Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws Icon_minitimeFri 29 Apr 2011 - 16:17

I just meant all the junk I used to model on my guys... WYSIWYG was not a priority when I first started. I have a champion wearing space marine shoulder pads and a halberd and a bunch of other stuff. I was just exaggerating though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws   Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Optional critical hits of Fighting Claws
Page 1 of 1