HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 

Trog and Optera Codecies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Trog and Optera Codecies   Fri 8 Apr 2011 - 11:14

Back in 2009 I used to play 40K a lot more since my friends in the area were still around or at the local Junior College. So naturally as someone who thinks way too much like me, I started to make new armies.

I made most of a new Tau Codex updating it to the current edition and adding in a few things I thought the fluff supported. But the ones I am most proud of are my Trogs and the Optera.

Trogs are a large simian race that fufilll a similar niche in 40K to the Ogre Kingdoms from Fantasy. They are lower tech than the Imperium but make up for it with brutally efficient technology.

The Optera are a insectoid race made of 5 sub-species. Each is based off earth insects.

Gerridian - Treat Water as normal terrain, Move Through Cover (kind of a 'basic' theme)
Coleoian - Increase T by 1 (tough armored theme)
Hymadian - 4+ Poisoned Attack in Melee (strong poison theme with this group)
Lepidian - Jump Infantry, save decreased by 1 (aerial theme with aggressive tactics)
Orthodian - Fleet, +1 Initiative (just pure mobility theme)

They can have multiple sub-species in a single army, but the core type is based on the leader's sub-species.

If you want information just ask, or PM me and I can send my draft excel files. Let me know if you cannot handle 2007 or newer files.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Trog and Optera Codecies   Sat 17 Mar 2012 - 12:22

I love creating new teams!!!! GWS ones are useally sooooooooo boring. I like both ideas, but arnt Trogs a bit like ogryn? u should see Spugs from spriggan minis.
Back to top Go down
Trog and Optera Codecies
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1