Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Louis' painting Mordheim log

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Louis
Captain
Captain
Louis

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

Louis' painting Mordheim log Empty
PostSubject: Louis' painting Mordheim log   Louis' painting Mordheim log Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2011 - 22:08

Hi there. You might know me from my skaven log.
In my group we seem to have a reluctance against getting any painting done (completely that is).
We mostly use un- or ½-painted miniatures, and even though that goes well with our ½ finished terrain, it's seems sad not to fully indulge in that part of the hobby.

So to try and motivate me, I have decided to post pictures of my mordheim painting.

First up will is my henchrats.
They are done in a hurry and then drowned in 'ardcoat. So they don't look very nice. The next models will only be spray-varnished.

Louis' painting Mordheim log P3290010

Louis' painting Mordheim log P3290011

Next up will be my night runners and sorcerer, that I'm working on currently.

C&c is very welcome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Louis' painting Mordheim log   Louis' painting Mordheim log Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011 - 0:33

I have noticed that unpainted minis seem to be the chic thing in G.W. gaming circles of late. CONGRATULATIONS on bucking the trend. The Rat Guys & Rats turned out TERRIFIC...let the Folk in your group eat out their hearts. WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Louis' painting Mordheim log   Louis' painting Mordheim log Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011 - 0:57

Good work Louis! I can not criticize some one who is making an effort since I must paint so many Arabyans... Thanks for the inspiration! Looks for brush and paint... scratch
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Louis' painting Mordheim log   Louis' painting Mordheim log Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011 - 3:30

Greetings Louis!

Unfortunately, your group is not the only one who seems to have neglected the painting aspect of our hobby. Here in the Philippines, playing with unpainted miniatures is more the norm than the exception. I guess it would be natural to expect it from new players but what really breaks my heart is that, more often than not, it is the veteran players who field unpainted miniatures.

Now please do not get me wrong. I would never say that it is wrong to play with unpainted armies/warbands/minis and that those with painted armies/warbands/minis are better than those who deploy unpainted armies/warbands/minis.I am aware that some people are really just in it simply for the gaming component of the hobby but I just think that it is rather sad for these beautifully sculpted miniatures to remain... unpainted. Its like these poor figs are... well, unhappy because they never really attain their full potential.

I would therefore like to both commend and congratulate you on your resolve to get some painting done!

Incidentally, your paint job is not as bad as you think. At least, there are some discernable colors that are painted on the appropriate and correct areas of the miniature. I have seen some miniatures waging war for their worthless masters with just some black basecoat! Really, how do these generals hope to think to win their battles with shoddy uniforms and poor equipment...

Keep it up and I am looking forward to more of your work!
Back to top Go down
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Louis' painting Mordheim log   Louis' painting Mordheim log Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011 - 11:35

Hey man, looking good!
Henchrats really don't need any more attention than that.

The good thing about varnish is that you can always spray over it with something duller later. So if you find a good matt varnish, you can get rid of that shine easily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Louis' painting Mordheim log   Louis' painting Mordheim log Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Louis' painting Mordheim log
Page 1 of 1