Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

An Ostlander warband from Albion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
caratacos
Hero
Hero
caratacos

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

An Ostlander warband from Albion Empty
PostSubject: An Ostlander warband from Albion   An Ostlander warband from Albion Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2011 - 13:28

This is my Ostlander warband in its current version. I have only played four games sof far, and all models are not finished when it comes to painting. The progress of my warband can be followed in my blog.

Caitlin Nicduff and her warband is a bunch tribal warriors from Albion. They lived in the northern part of Albion, where there is constant warfare between the clans. In the autumn of 1998 several hostile clans allied and deal the Macduff clan a deadly blow. The survivors of the clan that managed to flee were scattered all over albion.

The survivors who had gathered under Caitlin’s leadership followed her across the Sea of Chaos. They landed in Marienburg soon after the disaster had struck Mordheim. When they heard the news and promise of riches, they decided to go there to seek fortune.

Before they boarded a river boat that was going to take them on a journey along the River Reik and later on the River Stir, Caitlin sent one of her cousins back to Albion to gather more survivors and tell them to head for Mordheim.

Caitlin Nicduff
Caitlin is the daughter of Conor Macduff, the late Chieftain of the clan. He was killed during the battle against the hostile clans, and Caitlin has sworn to avenge him. Most survivors of the clan Macduff see her as the natural heir to the leadership of the clan.

An Ostlander warband from Albion Dsc01110

Angus Macduff
Angus was married to Caitlin's younger sister who was killed when one of the hostile tribes raided their village. Angus is also twin brother to Duncan Macduff.

An Ostlander warband from Albion Dsc01111

Duncan Macduff
Angus' twin-brother. Duncan is a fierce warrior who loves wield the old claymore he inherited from his father. Once, when out in the woods hunting, he managed to kill an enormous stag with his bare hands. Unfortunately one of the stag's hoofs hit him right in his face and severly mutilated him. To hide his hideous appearance, Duncan wears a helmet with a chainmail visor. The helmet is decorated with the horns from the stag.

An Ostlander warband from Albion Dsc01112

Artair
Artair is one of the feared Druids of Albion. He is still young an inexperienced but learns fast. He started his career with the knowledge of how to make Blessed Ale.

An Ostlander warband from Albion Dsc01113

Étaín
Étaín is one of Caitlin's cousins from Cíuinn Dun. She managed to survive the massacre together with two of her brothers. They are all skilled hunters and prefer to use the staff sling. Caitling saw that Étaín has got potential, and therefore raised her status within the warband, so that she now is one of the commanders.

An Ostlander warband from Albion Dsc01114

The Cousins from Oakwood
These are Caitlins cousins on her mother's side. They are all lowlanders, and a merry bunch of hunters.

An Ostlander warband from Albion Dsc01115

The Cousins from Cíuinn Dun
Cousins to Caitlin on her father's side. They come from the second largest dun in the clan's territory. This is the group to which Étaín used to belong.

An Ostlander warband from Albion Dsc01116

Uncle Archie (Ogre)
Archibald is half-brother to Caitlin's mother. No-one knows who his father was, but rumours has it that it actually was one of the giants of Albion - how that even could be physically possible. Archie seems to like that version of his heritage, and tells every stranger he meets of his father - The Giant of Black Moor. He also constantly wears an eye-patch because he thinks that he gains sympathy from girls that way. Somehow it really doesn't work, because no girl has ever given him any sympathy - save for his mother.

An Ostlander warband from Albion Dsc01117

Last edited by caratacos on Mon 28 Mar 2011 - 14:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mo!
Ancient
Ancient

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: An Ostlander warband from Albion   An Ostlander warband from Albion Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2011 - 14:08

Awesome band and great FLuff!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: An Ostlander warband from Albion   An Ostlander warband from Albion Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2011 - 14:36

VERY COOL! I have a particular fondness for the Celtos minis & that old Citadel Ogre is another favorite. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
caratacos
Hero
Hero
caratacos

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: An Ostlander warband from Albion   An Ostlander warband from Albion Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2011 - 14:37

Thank you both.

I forgot to mention that the staff slings use the rules for bows.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: An Ostlander warband from Albion   An Ostlander warband from Albion Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2011 - 16:28

Great choice of models. They say "Barbarians" more than "Ostländer" to me, but what does that matter. When you said the models aren't finished, I hope you were talking about some washes and highlights, that looks especially good on muscular models. Otherwise it is a very clean paintjob!
Back to top Go down
caratacos
Hero
Hero
caratacos

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: An Ostlander warband from Albion   An Ostlander warband from Albion Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2011 - 16:54

I agree with you that they look very barbarian like. But then again, when reading the Ostlander fluff, I can't help thinking about scots with their clans, dark ale and love of a drunken brawl. That is why I did choose to use the Celtos Gaels.

And thanks for the comment about the paint job. I really do hate to paint so in my opinion I have never really bothered to be careful.
Back to top Go down
5pointer
Elder
Elder
5pointer

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: An Ostlander warband from Albion   An Ostlander warband from Albion Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2011 - 20:34

A great Pictish warband! I especially enjoy the tartan you've painted, bet that took some patience!
Back to top Go down
caratacos
Hero
Hero
caratacos

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: An Ostlander warband from Albion   An Ostlander warband from Albion Icon_minitimeTue 29 Mar 2011 - 6:28

I More or less it did. I need a thinner brush to get it better. The goal is to have all models wearing a tartan.
Back to top Go down
caratacos
Hero
Hero
caratacos

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: An Ostlander warband from Albion   An Ostlander warband from Albion Icon_minitimeTue 29 Mar 2011 - 11:29

Yesterday's two scenarions went both good and bad. The first one which was a treasure hunt I collected the most shards and in the second scenarion (Monster Hunt) four of my heroes and three henchmen were taken out of action - one of my henchmen died.

The sisters Iseabail and Flóraidh (Kin)
Two of Caitlin's cousins from Glen Finlay. Iseabail is fourteen and Flóraidh is eighteen years old. They have heeded Caitlin's call to arms and joined her warband.

An Ostlander warband from Albion Dsc01120

The Ruffians Iain and Seoc
Cousins to Angus and Duncan. When they first arrived at the warband's camp, Seoc was so drunk that he had passed out and therefore missed the first two scenarios after their arrival.

An Ostlander warband from Albion Dsc01119

Aeron
Somehow Aeron managed to get Caitlin's attention and was promoted to fill up the last hero slot in my warband.

An Ostlander warband from Albion Dsc01118

Death of a sister
Unfortunately did Flóraidh die in the second scenario that we played. Even though she wasn't around for long, she will be missed. Especially by Duncan who managed to get interested in her.

An Ostlander warband from Albion Dsc01122

Back to top Go down
caratacos
Hero
Hero
caratacos

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: An Ostlander warband from Albion   An Ostlander warband from Albion Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011 - 19:45

Updated my blog a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Ostlander warband from Albion   An Ostlander warband from Albion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Ostlander warband from Albion
Page 1 of 1