Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Groo the (Mordheim) wanderer.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
smokezombie
Warlord
Warlord
smokezombie

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

Groo the (Mordheim) wanderer. Empty
PostSubject: Groo the (Mordheim) wanderer.   Groo the (Mordheim) wanderer. Icon_minitimeFri 25 Mar 2011 - 14:49

Hey.

As a way of keeping my mind off of real life I started thinking about the comedy value that might follow If this fellow made his way into Mordheim.

Groo the (Mordheim) wanderer. GROO

For those of you who don't know this man I highly recommend you read some of his adventures, written and drawn by Sergio Aragonés. They are hilarious. Read this for a bit more info.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groo_the_Wanderer

I thought this might represent him

M 4
WS 7
BS 3
S 4
T 4
W 2
I 4
A 2
LD 8

Groo will move in a random direction at his base movement rate, if there is any model within LOS than he will move towards them. He will run towards any combat within LOS and charge if possible.

Equipment. 2 swords and a dog called Rufferto.
Special rules. All successful rolls made within 6 inches of Groo must be rerolled
If Groo spends two turns within a building, it will collapse.
Any Boat that Groo is in WILL sink.

Well that's as far as I got really.
Any Groo fans out there?
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Groo the (Mordheim) wanderer.   Groo the (Mordheim) wanderer. Icon_minitimeSat 26 Mar 2011 - 1:45

Heh. I'm guilty. I fun idea for sure.

If you're serious about writing the rules, you need to clarify some:

Movement: If he's a random event, he's deployed in the center of the board. In any given turn, he will move towards the closest model that he can see, charging if possible. If there are no models within sight, he rugs in random direction (roll an artillery dice each random move.)

Swords: Why not give him skills? Expert Swordsman makes sense. Also, let him parry and reroll with two swords (he's a DP of sorts, after all).

Dog: Mention "uses the Witch Hunter wardog stats".

Collapse: Have to elaborate. "Groo moves during his own turn. If, at the end of any of his movement phases, Groo ends a Movement phase in a building that he was in at the end of his previous movement phase (i.e. been in the same building two turns in a row), the building collapses. All models within the building except for Groo take 1D3 S4 hits due to falling debris. Models that a second floor or higher must also roll for fall damage as normal. The building is removed from the board, and the area it once occupied counts as difficult terrain."

Boat: Same as collapse.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Groo the (Mordheim) wanderer.   Groo the (Mordheim) wanderer. Icon_minitimeSat 26 Mar 2011 - 2:17

Well, I'm a Fan as of now. What a Face
Back to top Go down
smokezombie
Warlord
Warlord
smokezombie

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Groo the (Mordheim) wanderer.   Groo the (Mordheim) wanderer. Icon_minitimeSun 27 Mar 2011 - 16:26

Haha, I'm not really serious It was just for fun...and because Groo would have loved Mordheim (?!?), though Mordheim would not have liked him.
Thanks for the responces tho. If I was any good at GS I would try to knock up a Groo mini.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Groo the (Mordheim) wanderer.   Groo the (Mordheim) wanderer. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Groo the (Mordheim) wanderer.
Page 1 of 1