Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Long time lurker, first time poster. Yarrrrr!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nexie
Youngblood
Youngblood
Nexie

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Long time lurker, first time poster. Yarrrrr! Empty
PostSubject: Long time lurker, first time poster. Yarrrrr!   Long time lurker, first time poster. Yarrrrr! Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011 - 18:10

Grrrreetings fellow Mordheimers, from the rotten state of Denmark Razz

Been lurking for a few months, looking at the amazing minis and terrain - but now I've finally decided to put together my own warband, and I am pretty sure it's going to be pirate themed.

So - what are your thoughts on Pirates? How do you handle racial differences in warbands like this? (Like including goblins or orcs) - Do you simply ignore their race and keep their stats, or try and balance them to fit their races?

Reason I'm asking this, is that I've had my eye on some awesome minis from Freebooter minis. They have some ork and goblin minis which practically stink of scurvy and seaweed.

Any suggestion regarding the initial warband configuration? I'd like a ragtag crew who has both blades and guns - is that a viable option, or will an opposing warband simply tear them apart for lacking a specialized setup?

Oh - and nice to meet you all. Long time lurker, first time poster. Yarrrrr! 665330
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker, first time poster. Yarrrrr!   Long time lurker, first time poster. Yarrrrr! Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011 - 18:43

Post your War Band over in the Rules & Games Play section & soon you'll have all the info you could possibly want...or stand. Suspect In the meanwhile, WELCOME ABOARD Cool Captain Tom's Sleep Yet Ship Shape Nonetheless Mordheim Forum. May your stay be LONG & MERRY! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Louis
Captain
Captain
Louis

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker, first time poster. Yarrrrr!   Long time lurker, first time poster. Yarrrrr! Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011 - 20:49

Hey and welcome abord. Nice to see another Dane here (I'm in Århus).

With regards to your warband plans, I would go for keeping stats, and just use "count as" miniatures. It's much easier than trying to ballance a warband of mixed races.

But it has been a topic recently before, about witch hunters (with dwarfs and stuff in it). So there might be reason to speculate in building a template warband of mixed species, that could be adapted to special style warbands...

As DeafNala said; the Rules & Game Play section will welcome a topic like this.
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker, first time poster. Yarrrrr!   Long time lurker, first time poster. Yarrrrr! Icon_minitimeTue 22 Mar 2011 - 11:02

Welcome aboard Nexie.

Looking forward to seeing your rag-tag band of scurvy-riddled ne'er-do-wells.

If I were you I'd stick to the pirate theme but not get bogged down with the "official" Pirate Warband list. Almost any warband could be used as pirates with some thought and with the addition of loads of hired swords for extra races. I use the normal Orc and Goblin rules with pirate-themed models and add a Warlock, an Ogre Bodyguard and a Pit fighter, when I can, to mix up the races a bit. Check out my thread here.
Long time lurker, first time poster. Yarrrrr! 665330

Fair sailing mate!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Nexie
Youngblood
Youngblood
Nexie

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker, first time poster. Yarrrrr!   Long time lurker, first time poster. Yarrrrr! Icon_minitimeTue 22 Mar 2011 - 11:43

Those are some awesome looking pirate orcs, Kurgan - however I am far from experienced enough to pull off anything similar to that (yet, hopefully) - not to mention I have no bits to speak off yet.

And besides, I really like the theme of the pirate warband, with swivel guns and all, so I'll be sticking with it unless someone can come up with a really good reason why not to. Razz

I'll post my initial warband in the rule section then, thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker, first time poster. Yarrrrr!   Long time lurker, first time poster. Yarrrrr! Icon_minitimeTue 22 Mar 2011 - 11:45

Ah yes, swivel guns.... forgot about those beauties Wink
Jolly good - pirate warband with mixed races and human rules it is then! pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker, first time poster. Yarrrrr!   Long time lurker, first time poster. Yarrrrr! Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011 - 2:02

Welcome aboard!

Pirates! Lots of pirate threads in almost all of the various sub-forms. For multi-racial pirate warbands mweaver has posted a list in Rules and Gameplay and Styrofaomking and I have discussed our approaches in various Sartosa threads.
There is a Dwarf Slayer Pirate Hired sword as well as a whole slew of Pirate-theme Hired Swords created for the Sartosa setting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker, first time poster. Yarrrrr!   Long time lurker, first time poster. Yarrrrr! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Long time lurker, first time poster. Yarrrrr!
Page 1 of 1