Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband

Go down 
+3
Gudbjart
DeafNala
kidcage
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kidcage
Champion
Champion
kidcage

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Empty
PostSubject: One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband   One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Icon_minitimeSat 19 Mar 2011 - 22:42

So with years off from Mordheim and my old gaming group (my friends) all scattered across the Empire, I have decided that in my small two bedroom apartment in Arizona, I shall lead ten different warbands into Mordheim for a campaign.

I have the chance to have Fridays pretty much to myself while the fiance is working and I created ten different warbands for this campaign. All are official and I'm playing within the rules of Mordheim (and as many FAQs/Rules Reviews as I can find) with the exception of two house rules.

1) Black Powder weapons with a range of 10" or under do not suffer from long range.
2) A warrior with a hand weapon (club, sword, axe) and a shield gains +1 to their armor save.

After creating my ten warbands, I created an introductory scenario entitled "Sewer Skirmish" to use my sewer terrain while still fishing my Mordheim buildings out of storage. I will try and also provide photos to go along with my battle reports, but first, I was asked if I could explain how I'm doing a one-man campaign and how I'm going to try and keep things fresh without the much witty banter I might have should I game with friends.

One of the first things I had to do was realize I would have to play each game with an absense of bias. I am a huge undead fan, they're my go-to warband, and they are involved. But so are my second favorite Dwarves, and Middenheimers, and Orcs/Gobbos. The important thing for this campaign is to play each warband with the intent to win.

I also decided that in order to make sure things were livened up, I would randomly have warbands face off, but no warband could face each other twice in four games. This would allow that by the time they would face again, it could be a very different game than the first.

What I found to be the most important thing above all is to make sure I have fun with each game. I remember how fun it was to game with four friends, the trash talking, the "WHOA!!!" to awesome showdowns and rolls. If doing a one-person campaign, it can be something that is quick to get bored with because of a lack of interaction. Planning your campaign before hand, adding new things such as new scenarios, checking out unofficial hired swords, etc. can make things better and get you to look more into the game.

So... with that rambling over, I shall be undergoing this campaign and hoping to see just who will end up making their mark upon Mordheim.

First Battle Report should be available by Monday...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband   One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Icon_minitimeSat 19 Mar 2011 - 22:50

COOL! As a solo gamer I look forward to hearing how your campaign progresses. Shocked
Back to top Go down
kidcage
Champion
Champion
kidcage

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband   One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Icon_minitimeTue 22 Mar 2011 - 0:24

Here are the STARTING Warbands for the Warbands battling in this fine campaign:

Averlanders - The Guards of Blackfire Pass
Captain: Deadric Laythal (Sword, Dueling Pistol, Helmet, Dagger)
Sergeant: Havran Eltran (Hammer, Dueling Pistol, Dagger)
Bergjaeger: Lawren Donell (Sword, Longbow, Hunting Arrows, Dagger)
Youngblood: Wyem Jael (Spear, Dagger)
2x Mountainguard: The Halberdiers (Halberd, Dagger)
1x Marksman: Blunderbussman (Blunderbuss, Hammer, Dagger)
3x Halflings: Shorties (Bow, Hammer, Dagger)

Cult of the Possessed - Shaggoth-Dagon
Magister: Nehrach (2x Mace, Dagger, "Dark Blood" Spell)
Mutant: Crassta (Sword, Dagger, Great Claw Mutation, Blackblood Mutation)
Mutant: Ellkra (Spear, Mace, Dagger, Extra Arm Mutation, Blackblood Mutation)
2x Brethren: Spears of Cthulhu (Spear, Dagger)
2x Brethren: Dagon's Chosen (Axe, Mace, Dagger)

Dwarven Treasure Hunters - The Beards of Gold and Stone
Noble: Goron Heavybeard (Dwarf Axe, Gromril Armor, Shield, Helmet, Dagger)
Engineer: Frun Ruldber (Axe, Dagger, Crossbow)
Slayer: Gorlax (2x Axe, Dagger)
Slayer: Arlon (Axe, Hammer, Dagger)
2x Clansmen: Brothers Buhn (2-Handed Axe, Dagger)
1x Clansmen: Cousin Grum (Axe, Mace, Dagger)

Middenheimers - Warriors of the Wolf
Captain: Fenster (Sword, Axe, Helment, Dagger)
Champion: Alester (2-Handed Hammer, Dagger, Helment)
Champion: Beldon (Halberd, Helmet, Dagger)
Youngblood: Sopha (2x Hammer, Dagger)
Youngblood: Veston (2x Hammer, Dagger)
2x Marksmen: The Hunters (Hammer, Dagger, Longbow)
1x Warrior: The Thunderer (2-Handed Hammer, Dagger, Helmet)
3x Warriors: (Hammer, Dagger, Buckler)

Orcs & Goblins - Da Big Boyz und (puny) Gobbos
Boss: Gruak Gutbreaker (2-Handed Axe, Dagger, Helmet)
Shaman: Huy'rk (Club, Dagger, "Led'z Go!" Spell)
Big 'Un: Urag (Sword, Dagger, Bow)
Big 'Un: Jrau (Sword, Axe, Dagger)
4x Goblin Warriors: Da Pokers (Spear, Dagger)
1x Goblin Warrior: Da Prodder (Squid Prodder, Dagger)
2x Orc Boyz: Da Shootaz (2x Axe, Bow, Dagger)
1x Cave Squig: Da Hoppaz

Reiklanders - Sons of Reikland
Captain: Reichard (Sword, Dueling Pistol, Helmet, Dagger)
Champion: Stephan (2-Handed Sword, Dagger, Helmet)
Youngblood: Fredrick (Spear, Dagger)
Youngblood: Tomas (Sword, Dagger)
3x Marksmen: Arrows of Reikland (Longbow, Dagger)
3x Swordsmen: Blades of Reikland (2x Sword, Dagger)

Sisters of Sigmar - Handmaidens of Sigmar

Matriarch: Rebekah (Sigmarite Warhammer, Helmet, Dagger, "Soulfire" Spell)
Sister Superior: Alena (Steel Whip, Sigmarite Warhammer, Dagger, Helmet)
Sister Superior: Helena (2x Sigmarite Warhammer, Dagger)
Sister Superior: Theresa (Sigmarite Warhammer, Dagger)
Augur: Geena (Sigmarite Warhammer, Sling, Dagger)
2x Sisters: Nuns of the Hammer (Sigmarite Warhammer, Dagger)
1x Sister: Whip of Sigmar (Steel Whip, Dagger)
2x Novice: Young Maidens (Sigmarite Warhammer, Dagger)

Skaven - Ret-Ret's Pack
Assassin Adept: Ret-Ret (Weeping Blades, Dagger)
Eshin Sorcerer: Teek-Teek (Spear, Dagger, "Eye of Warp" Spell)
Black Skaven: Stek (Fighting Claws, Dagger)
Black Skaven: Mekrit (Sword, Warplock Pistol, Dagger)
Night Runner: Neclet (Sword, Dagger)
Night Runner: Yeckles (Sword, Dagger)
3x Verminkin: Stabbers (Spear, Dagger)
1x Verminkin: Slingers (Club, Dagger, Sling)

Undead - Walpurgis Night

Vampire: Wandessa (Sword, Mace, Dagger)
Necromancer: Alarec (Sword, Bow, Dagger, "Spell of Awakening" Spell)
Dreg: Gondo (Spear, Dagger)
Dreg: Modo (Axe, Mace, Dagger)
Dreg: Carlo (2x Mace, Dagger)
5x Zombies: Romero Horde
2x Zombies: Fulci Horde
3x Ghouls: The Flesheaters

Witch Hunters - Righteous Fury
Captain: Belmont (Sword, Pistol, Dagger, Helmet)
Witch Hunter: Willhelm (Axe, Dagger)
Witch Hunter: Victor (Sword, Pistol, Dagger)
Witch Hunter: Ellias (Axe, Dagger, Crossbow)
Warrior-Priest: Zachariah (Hammer, Sword, Dagger)
2x Flagellants: The Mad (2-Handed Weapon, Dagger)
1x Zealot: Executioner (2-Handed Sword, Dagger)
1x Zealot: Puppeteer (Axe, Dagger)
3x Warhounds: The Pack
Back to top Go down
kidcage
Champion
Champion
kidcage

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband   One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Icon_minitimeTue 22 Mar 2011 - 0:33

Battle #1: “Sewer Skirmish” – Shaggoth-Dagon (Possessed) vs. The Beards of Gold & Stone (Dwarves)
<>In the pre-game roll off, the Dwarves rolled to go first.

Dwarfs – Turn One
<>Sewer rolls came up with both Goron the Noble and Brother Buhn finding wyrdstone.
<>With everyone out of position, the Dwarves decided to trek through the sewer towards their opponents.

Possessed – Turn One

<>Sewer rolls came up with Neharch the Magister, Mutant Crassta, and one of the spear Brethren finding wyrdstone.
<>Axe/Mace Brethren #1 charged Arlon the Trollslayer.
<>Axe/Mace Brethren #2 failed a charge versus Goron the Noble.
<>All others in Shaggoth-Dagon moved into position.
<>Neharch attempted “Dark Blood” but failed on a seven.
<>Axe/Mace Brethren #1 hit with his axe but failed to wound, and Arlon returned with two hits but no wound.

Dwarfs – Turn Two
<>The Brothers Bruhn again make their treasure hunter names proud, finding a second piece of wyrdstone.
<>Gorlax the Slayer charges Crassta.
<>Goron charges Axe/Mace Brethren #2.
<>Brothers Bruhn charge Ellkra the mutant.
<>Cousin Grum charges Spear Brethren #1, hoping to take his wyrdstone.
<>Frun the Engineer shoots Spear Brethren #2, critically wounding him with his crossbow, resulting in a stun.
<>Gorlax knocked down Crassta after two hits and a wound, and was able to dodge Blackblood.
<>Goron hit but did not would, the Brethren returned with two hits and a wound with the mace, but an armor save makes the Noble’s day.
<>Ellkra used his spear on Bruhn #1, but did not wound. He used his axe on Bruhn #2, but failed to hit.
<>Bruhn #1 used his double handed axe to hit, wound, and take mutant Ellkra out of action.
<>Grum and the Spear Brethren exchanged hits, but neither could wound.
<>Axe/Mace Brethren #1 could hit Arlon but not wound him, and in turn was hit twice, wounded twice, and stunned.

Possessed – Turn 2

<>With no found wyrdstone and warriors recovered, the Possessed turn commenced.
<>Neharch moved and attempted his “Dark Blood” on Frun once again, but failed.
<>In close combat, Spear Brethren #1 could not hit Cousin Grum, but instead was hit, wounded, and taken out of action with the Dwarve’s axe, dropping the wyrdstone to be lost to the sewers.
<>Arlon takes out the Axe/Mace Brethren #1 he was fighting with.
<> Crassta could not hit Gorlax, but in turn was knocked down, with his black blood not helping him.
<> Axe/Mace Brethren #2 again hit and wounded the noble Goron, but again armor saved him. Goron however, could not hit.

Dwarfs – Turn Three
<>Frun the engineer found a piece of Wyrdstone in the muck of the sewers, and then charged into battle against the knocked down Spear Brethren #2, taking him out of action and picking up his fallen wyrdstone.
<>Cousin Grum charged Neharch, and in the ensuing combat Neharch hit with his club but could not wound, while Cousin Gruhm hit, wounded critically with an axe, and took the Magister out of action.
<>The Brothers Bruhm charged the Axe/Mace Brethren fighting Goron, and then ensuing combat saw all four combatants fail to even hit each other.
<>Gorlax the Slayer took Crassta out of action.

Possessed – Turn Three
<>With only one lone Brethren left on the Possessed side, the warband routed.

WINNER – DWARVEN TREASURE HUNTERS

Post Battle:
Injuries:
All of the Possessed members who had been taken out of action make full recoveries.

Exploration:
Dwarves explored further, finding four pieces of wyrdstone and a stragger, bringing the total Wyrdstone for the Dwarves to ten pieces. The Possessed however, had no opportunity to search.

Levels and Experience:
Goron the Noble learned the Skill “Extra Tough.”
Frun the Engineer gained +1 ballistic skill and the skill “Quickshot.”
The Brothers Bruhn gained +1 weapon skill and then older brother Balder became a hero, taking the skill “Strongman.” Younger brother Deitre gained +1 initiative.

Purchases:
The Possessed could do nothing because they had no income.
The Dwarves hired a Thunderer with a crossbow and hammer, along with two Beardlings (Aldo & Truhm) each equipped with a hammer and axe.
Back to top Go down
kidcage
Champion
Champion
kidcage

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband   One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Icon_minitimeTue 22 Mar 2011 - 0:37

Battle #2: “Sewer Skirmish” – Guards of Blackfire Pass (Averlanders) vs. Ret-Ret’s Pack (Skaven)
<>In the pre-game, the Skaven won the right to go first.

Skaven – Turn One
<>The sewers presented Necklet the Night Runner, Ret-Ret the Assassin, and Stek the Black Skaven with Wyrdstone.
<>All the Skaven moved into position.

Averlanders – Turn One
<>A single Halfling found a piece of Wyrdstone, as did a Mountainguard and the Youngblood Wyem.
<>No charges were made.
<>The Halflings fired their bows, and between the three of them took one of the spear verminkin out of action.
<>Captain Deadric aimed his dueling pistol at Necklet and fired, hitting, wounding, and taking him out of action, the wyrdstone lost to the sludge.
<>The Blunderbussmen used his single shot to hit a spear verminkin, however there was no wound. It also hit Yeckles the Night Runner, wounding him and knocking him down.

Skaven – Turn Two
<>The Skaven recovered and Teek-Teek the Sorcerer and a spear verminkin found Wyrdstone.
<>Spear Verminkin #2 charged the blunderbussmen, but could neither could hit.
<>Stek charged the Mountain Guardsman with the Wyrdstone and stunned him, stealing the Wyrdstone while he could.
<>Mekrit the Black Skaven charged the second Mountain Guardsman, but neither could hit.

Averlanders – Turn Two
<>With recovery occurring, Captain Deidric found a piece of wyrdstone.
<>The Bergjaeger charged Stek, hitting but not wounding. Stek returned hitting, wounding, and taking the Averlander out of action.
<>The Sergeant Havran charged the single slinging verminkin, but neither could hit.
<>One of the Halfling trio hit Yeckles and knocked him down, while a second took Yeckles out of action.
<>The Third Halfling hit Teek Teek and knocked him down, forcing him to lose his wyrdstone.
<>The Captain, because of firing his gun last turn, had Teek Teek in his sights but couldn’t do anything.
<>In further close combat, the Spear Verminkin could not hit the Blunderbussman, and was in turn hit twice, wounded with a hammer and knocked down.
<>The Mountain Guardsman took out Mekrit with a critical wound.

Skaven – Turn 3
<>Needing to take a route check, the Skaven failed on an 11 and the Averlanders were victorious.

WINNER: AVERLANDER MERCENARIES

Post Battle
Injuries:
All injured warriors on both warbands made full recoveries.

Exploration:
The Skaven found two shards of Wyrdstone in exploration, plus made it out of the sewers with four shards, making six in total. The Averlanders found three shards and five gold in a shop, making their grand total six shards as well.

Levels and Experience:
Stek the Black Skaven gained +1 Wound.
Neclet the Night Runner gained +1 Attack.
The Spear Verminkin gained +1 WS
Deidric the Averland Captain gained a skill, taking “Step Aside.”
Wyem the Youngblood gained a skill, taking “Strike to Injure.”
The Mountain Guardsmen gained +1 WS
The Halfling Trio gained +1 BS

Purchases:
The Skaven bought three giant rants and a second verminkin armed with a sling and club.
The Averlanders bought helmets for all their warriors.
Back to top Go down
Gudbjart

Gudbjart

PostSubject: Re: One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband   One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011 - 21:59

Really look forwards to following this blog Smile
Back to top Go down
kidcage
Champion
Champion
kidcage

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband   One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011 - 22:34

Glad to hear. I'm going to attempt to get the final three "Sewer Skirmishes" down on Friday. Here are the final three fight line-ups.

**Warriors of the Wolf (Middenheimers) vs. Righteous Fury (Witch Hunters)**

**Handmaidens of Sigmar (Sisters) vs. Da Big Boyz & Puny Gobbos (Orcs & Goblins)**

**Walpurgis Night (Undead) vs. Sons of Reikland (Reiklanders)**
Back to top Go down
kidcage
Champion
Champion
kidcage

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband   One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Icon_minitimeFri 25 Mar 2011 - 0:42

Battle #3: “Sewer Skirmish” – Warriors of the Wolf (Middenheimers) vs. Righteous Fury (Witch Hunters)
<>In the pre-game, The Witch Hunters won the right to go first.

Witch Hunters – Turn One
<>The sewers gave up two pieces of Wyrdstone this turn, one to Victor the Witch Hunter and another to Zachariah the Warrior Priest.
<>All the Witch hunters moved into position.

Middenheimers – Turn One
<>For the Middenheimers, Veston the Youngblood and the warrior wielding a double handed hammer found Wyrdstone.
<>All models with the exception of the Marksmen declared charges.
<>Fenster the Captain charged Zachariah the Warrior Priest, hitting with his axe, wounding, and taking him out of action. He was then able to pick up the fallen piece of wyrdstone.
<>Alester the Champion charged Flagellant #1. Due to both men wielding double handed weapons, Alester went first, hitting but amazingly rolled a to wound, failing. The flagellant could not hit.
<>Beldon charged a warhound, hitting, wounding, and taking it out of action.
<>Sopha charged the lone zealot, hitting twice, wounding twice critically, and proceeded to bludgeon it out of action.
<>Veston charged a warhound, hitting twice, wounding once, and taking it out of action.
<>The warrior with a double handed weapon charged Flagellant #2, hitting, wounding, and stunning him.
<>Hammer warrior #1 charged the third warhound, but could not hit. The warhound hit, but was parried with a buckler.
<>Hammer Warrior #2 charged Ellias the Witch Hunter, hitting, but could not wound. Ellias hit with his dagger, but could not wound.
<>Hammer Warrior #3 failed in his charge against Willhelm the Witch Hunter
<>The first marksman took a shot at Willhelm, but could not hit. The second marksman took a shot, hitting, but not wounding.

Witch Hunters – Turn 2
<>Having lost four members, a route test was forced on the second Witch Hunter turn, but the Captain’s resolve kept the fanatical Witch Hunters in the battle. The stunned Flagellant rolled to his back.
<>With only Belmont the Witch Hunter Captain and Willhelm not in combat, they each searched the sewers below him, but found no Wyrdstone. Belmont then charged Fenster, putting both Captains in combat with each other. Willhelm meanwhile charged the Warrior who failed to charge him.
<>In combat, Belmont hit with his sword, wounded, and knocked down Fenster. As the Middenheimer fell, Belmont tried to grab the wyrdstone, but it was lost to the muck.
<>Allester gained the opportunity to strike first in the battle of double handed weapon-wielders, hitting, wounding, and taking out of action the flagellant he battled.
<>The flagellant struck first against the warrior, hitting, wounding, and taking him out of action.
<> The warhound battling the warrior hit, but was parried with a buckler. The warrior in return could not hit.
<>The warrior battling Ellias won initiative, hitting, wounding, and taking him out of action.
<>Willhelm hit with his axe, but could not wound. The warrior hit, but could not wound as well.

Middenheimers – Turn Two
<>Fenster stood up, recovering in his combat against Belmont.
<>With the sewer water continuing to rise, Sopha reached down and found a piece of wyrdstone beneath her feet.
<>Beldon charged into action against the Flagellant that took down a warrior of the wolf, as did Beldon. Sopha charged into battle to help her Captain against Belmont. Veston meanwhile escaped out of the sewer, taking his wyrdstone with him.
<>In combat, Sopha hit Belmont, wounded, and stunned the Witch Hunter Captain. Fenster then took the opportunity to take his enemy out of action.
<>Beldon hit but could not wound the Flagellant, while the Flagellant hit, wounded, and knocked the Middenheimer down in return.
<> Combat between the warrior and warhound ended with no hits either way.
<>Willhelm again get to go first, hitting, but not wounding. The warrior returned hitting, wounding critically, and then stunning his opponent.

Witch Hunters – Turn Three
<>Victor the Witchhunter, having been forgotten as he moved through the sewer, took the opportunity to try and rally his troops, but failed the route test and the remaining Witch Hunters fled the sewer.

WINNER: MIDDENHEIM MERCENARIES

Post Battle:
Injuries:
All the warriors in the warbands made full recoveries with the exception of one Wardog.

Exploration:
The Witch Hunters had the opportunity for two dice to roll and found two shards to add to the shard of Wyrdstone they had at the end of the game. Selling all three gave them sixty gold. The Middenheimers had six exploration dice, finding four shards and an overturned cart. With the extra two pieces of Wyrdstone, they sold all six for ninety gold and found an extra fifteen gold from the cart.

Levels and Experience:
Victor the Witch Hunter gained +1 S
Fenster the Middenheim Captain gained +1 Ld
Sopha the Youngblood gained +1 W
Veston the Youngblood gained +1 Ld and a new skill, taking Resilient

Purchases:
After the battle, the Witch Hunters bought another warhound, taking their warband back to 12. Also, each Witch Hunter and zealot received a helmet. Also, the axe-wielding zealot bought a club.
The Middenheimers took the opportunity to buy armor, outfitting the Captain and Alester the champion with heavy armor, and buying helmets for the Youngbloods.

Last edited by kidcage on Fri 25 Mar 2011 - 0:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kidcage
Champion
Champion
kidcage

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband   One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Icon_minitimeFri 25 Mar 2011 - 0:44

Battle #4: “Sewer Skirmish” – Handmaidens of Sigmar (Sisters) vs. Da Big Boyz & Puny Gobbos (Orcs & Goblins)
<>In the pregame, the Orcs and Goblins were given the opportunity to go first.

Orcs & Goblins – Turn One
<>In terms of the sewer, Jrau the Big ‘Un and one of the Orc Boyz found a piece of Wyrdstone.
<>Animosity rolls were all passed, as Gruak kept his boyz and gobos in line. With no charges to make, all of the warband ran forward.

Sisters of Sigmar – Turn One
<>The sewers only gave up one piece of Wyrdstone to the sisters, a young novice finding one of the glowing rocks lodged between a crack in the walls. With nothing else to do, all the sisters moved.

Orcs & Goblins – Turn Two
<>The sewers gave up nothing this turn, but two Goblins failed their animosity rolls. While one asked “Wud yoo say?” and was forced to stay put, the other was determined to show his worth, running straight toward Helena, the Sister Superior. He then immediate charged into action against her.
<>In terms of movement, all members of the warband, with the exception of the Orc Boyz, declared charges.
<>Helena and the enraged Goblin were in combat, but could not hit. Helena hit once, wounded critically, bludgeoning the goblin, and then taking it out of action.
<>Gruak the Orc Boss charged the Hammer Sister #1, but due to using a double handed axe would strike last. The Sister hit with both her Warhammer and dagger, wounding with both, and with the armor save from the dagger failed, the sister took the Orc Boss out of action!
<>Jrau the Big ‘Un charged Hammer Sister #2, hitting twice, wounding twice critically, gaining two wounds, but could only stun the sister.
<>Goblin #2 charged Geena the Augur, hitting, but not wounding. Geena responded by using her blesses sight to hit, but could not wound.
<>Goblin #3 charged Theresa the Sister Superior, but could not hit. Theresa returned combat hitting twice, wounding twice, and taking the Gobbo out of action.
<>Goblin #4 charged Novice #2, hoping to take Wyrdstone, hitting, but not wounding. The novice returned by hitting, wounding, and stunning the goblin.
<>The Cave Squig bounded into Novice #1, but could not hit. The Novice hit, but couldn’t wound.
<>The Goblin Prodder charged the Sister with a whip, the whip hitting, wounding, and knocking down the prodder. The follow up attack taking it out of action.
<>Urag the Big ‘Un charged Alena the Sister Superior, and Alena’s whip missed its target. Urag hit with a dagger but not wounding. Alena returned combat hitting with the Sigmarite Warhammer, wounding, and knocking the Big’Un down.
<>Huy’rk the Shaman charged Rebekah the Matriarch, hitting with the dagger, wounding, but the given save protected the Matriarch. Rebekah fought back, hitting with the dagger in return, but could not wound.
<>The Orc Boyz, with no shots, stayed put in case they were needed.

Sisters of Sigmar – Turn 2
<>The sewers gave up nothing to the sisters not in combat, and in charges, both Helena and the hammer wielding Sister charged Jrau, hoping to save their other sister. Theresa charged the Goblin fighting Geena, and the whip wielding sister charged against the Squig.
<>The second Novice took out the Goblin that was stunned in front of her.
<>Alena wounded Urag, taking him out of action.
<>Helena attacked Jrau first, hitting, wounding, and knocking him down. Helena picked up the dropped wyrdstone, as the other Sister could not wound the downed Orc.
<>Theresa hit, wounded, and took out of action the Goblin fighting Geena.
<>The Whip wielding sister hit, wounded, and knocked down the Squig. This allowed the Novice to wound and take the squig out of the battle.
<>Rebekah had initiative over Huy’rk, hitting, wounding, and taking the Orc Shaman out of action.

Orcs & Goblins – Turn Three
<>With only Jrau the Big ‘Un and the two Orc Boyz remaining, the Orcs chose to route.

WINNER: SISTERS OF SIGMAR

Post Battle:
Injuries:
All four goblin spearmen survived, though both the goblin with the squid prodder and the cave squig were killed. Gruak Gutbreaker received a nervous condition, losing -1 Initiative. Huy’rk the Shaman was blinded, losing -1 BS. Urag the Big ‘Un became Hardened.

Exploration:
The Sisters, with the help of their Augur, found four shards and a tavern, getting them an extra 13 gold pieces. With the two shards in their possession, the Sisters sold all six pieces, gaining 90 gold. The Orcs and Goblins had one search thanks to Jrau, who found one piece. With the additional piece from the sewers, the Horde had 2 shards. They sold both shards, gaining 45 gold.

Levels & Experience:
Helena the Sister Superior gained +1 S.
The Novices gained +1 I.
Huy’rk gained +1 S.
Jrau gained +1 A.
The Orc Boyz gained +1 I

Purchases:
The Orcs decide that with their 47 gold to wait a battle before adding anything else to their warband.
The Sisters added a third Nun of the Hammer and bought helmets for the three Sister Superiors, and outfitted the entire warband with slings.

Last edited by kidcage on Fri 25 Mar 2011 - 0:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kidcage
Champion
Champion
kidcage

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband   One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Icon_minitimeFri 25 Mar 2011 - 0:46

Battle #5: “Sewer Skirmish” – Walpurgis Night (Undead) vs. Sons of Reikland (Reiklanders)
<>In the pre-battle, the Undead won the right to go first.

Undead – Turn One
<>Deep within the sewers, Wandessa found a piece of Wyrdstone, as did a zombie and a ghoul.
<>With no charges to declare, the entire Warband moved forward four inches, with the exception of Alarec the Necromancer, who stayed put. The zombie that found a piece of Wyrdstone handed it to Wandessa.

Reiklanders – Turn One
<>The sewers gave up only one piece of wyrdstone to a marksman.
<>All the Reiklanders ran this turn, due to no shots being available for the marksman or the captain. This put them just out of reach of charging for all the undead but the vampire.

Undead – Turn 2

<>The sewers gave up no Wyrdstone for the Undead this turn, so all of the Undead, walked forward. Alarec however ran from his position to take up with the rest of the warband.

Reiklanders – Turn 2
<>The sewers were good to the Reiklanders this turn as two marksmen found a wyrdstone, as did one swordsmen. This meant that each Marksman had a piece of Wyrdstone in their possession.
<>The first Marksman took a shot at a zombie in range, but could not hit.
<>A second Marksman took shot at the same zombie, hitting, but not wounding.
<>The third marksman aimed at the same zombie, hitting, wounding, and knocking it down.
<>Reichard took aim at a second zombie, but his dueling pistol misfired, and was jammed. The Captain was no without his pistol.

Undead – Turn 3
<>The lone zombie recovered, standing up.
<>A ghoul found another shard of Wyrdstone, bringing their total up to 2.
<>Charges were declared, and all of the undead, save the recovering zombie and Alarec, charged into battle.
<>Wandessa charged Reichard, creating a battle between the two leaders. Reichard’s nerve failed however, forcing him to need six’s to hit. Wandessa hit with all three attacks, wounded with two, and took Reichard out of action, all in the first turn of combat.
<>Gondo the Dreg charged the Youngblood Tomas, hitting with his spear, wounding critically, and kebabed him into the wall. The result was Tomas taken out of action.
<>Modo the Dreg charged Fredrick the Youngblood, and Fredrick’s spear missed its target. Modo could not hit either, leaving them in a stalemate.
<>Carlo, the final Dreg, charged the double-handed sword wielding Champion Stephan. He hit once, wounded, and took the Champion out of action.
<>2 zombies charged the first swordsman, and the swordsman’s nerve held against one but not the other. Neither zombie could hit, and neither could the swordsman, leaving them in a standstill.
<>2 more zombies charged the second swordsman, this one failing his fears against both. The first zombie hit, wounded, and stunned the swordsman. The second zombie then bent down and took the swordsman out of action with a vicious bite.
<>The final 2 zombies that charged took on the third swordsman, and again the undead proved to be the fear in the heart of Reikland. As one zombie missed, the other hit, wounded, and stunned the swordsman.
<>A trio of battles between ghoul and marksman followed. The first ghoul made his opponent fear him, hitting twice, wounding once, and taking him out of action. The ghoul saw the wyrdstone fall, catching it in his claws and holding it close.
<>The second ghoul also caused fear in the marksman, hitting, but not wounding. The marksman could not hit in return, trembling in fear.
<>The third ghoul charged in, and again the arrows of Reikland grew cold with fear. With a slash of claws, the ghoul hit, wounded, and took the Marksman out, picking up the wyrdstone as well.

Reiklanders – Turn Three
<>As Fredrick looked around, at the other three members of his warband trembling with fear, he chose to run.

WINNER: UNDEAD

Post Battle:
Injuries:
Reichard the Captain suffered an arm injury, forcing him to miss the next battle.
Stephan the Champion suffered two injuries, becoming hardened and recovering.
Tomas survived the battle fully recovered.
The Swordsman and one Marksman made a full recovery, the other Marksman was killed.

Exploration:
The Undead, having won the battle, found three shards to add to the five they had in their possession, along with a Smithy. The Smithy added six gold to their warband, along with selling all eight shards, giving them a grand total of 116 gold. The young Reiklander Fredrick found a single shard of Wyrdstone to add to the Warband’s two they found in the sewer, and selling all three pieces gained them 65 gold.

Levels & Experience:
Wandessa leveled, adding +1 W.
Gondo leveled, gaining +1 A.
Carlo leveled, gaining +1 S.
The Ghouls leveled twice, gaining +1 A and on the second roll, one became a hero. The rest of the group gained +1 Initiative while the hero gained +1W.
The Swordsmen leveled, gaining +1 S.
The Marksmen leveled, gaining +1 A.

Purchases:
The Reiklanders used all the gold in their coffers to hire back a Marksman and give all three of them swords. The Undead hired a Warlock named Orloff and bought a helmet for each Dreg and Heavy Armor for the Vampire.

Last edited by kidcage on Fri 25 Mar 2011 - 1:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kidcage
Champion
Champion
kidcage

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband   One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Icon_minitimeFri 25 Mar 2011 - 1:02

INITIAL THOUGHTS
I set up the first battles to be very quick, for the most part by the second turn there'd be close combat. What I didn't expect was so many one-sided blow-outs. I was happy that no heroes were killed, and even henchman in all the warbands saw very little mortality rates. Those that were killed were easily replaceable, but I know from here on out things will get interesting.

Right now, the warband to beat is the Undead. With the Vampire gaining a wound, the ghoul becoming a hero (after gaining +1 attack as a henchman), the ghoul's gaining attacks, and the Dregs leveling well, they've become the slowest, yet toughest, warband. The Warband I'm most worried for is the Cult of Possessed, as they will be underdogs fighting every warband so far, but if they can play their cards right and get some good experience and money, a Possessed will be with them soon enough.

NEXT ROUND
Battle #6: “Hidden Treasure” – Da Big Boyz & Puny Gobbos (Orcs & Goblins) vs. Shaggoth-Dagon (Possessed)

Battle #7: “Breakthrough” – Ret-Ret’s Pack (Skaven) v. Sons of Reikland (Reiklanders)

Battle #8: “Skirmish” - Warriors of the Wolf (Middenheimers) v. Handmaidens of Sigmar (Sisters)

Battle #9: “Hidden Treasure” - The Beards of Gold & Stone (Dwarves) v. Guards of Blackfire Pass (Averlanders)

Battle #10: “Occupy” – Walpurgis Night (Undead) v. Righteous Fury (Witch Hunters)
Back to top Go down
kidcage
Champion
Champion
kidcage

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband   One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 23:24

Battle #6: “Hidden Treasure” – Da Big Boyz & Puny Gobbos (Orcs & Goblins) vs. Shaggoth-Dagon (Possessed)
<>In pre-battle sequence, Da Big Boyz won the right to go first. The Possessed would be a receiving +1 experience for being an underdog in this fight.

<>All the warband passes their Animosity test and moves, but with five buildings searched, no treasure was found.

Possessed – Turn One
<>Everyone moves, and with six buildings searched, no treasure. The treasure is in the cemetery, the one place that hasn’t been searched, and dead center in the middle of the table.

Orcs & Goblins – Turn Two
<>Gobbo #2 fails his animosity and charges Gobbo #1. Gobbo #1 hits with his spear but doesn’t wound. Gobbo #2 can’t hit.
<>Gobbo #4 fails his animosity and just stands around.
<>Everyone but the Orc Boyz move, with Gruak moving into the cemetery and picking up the treasure chest.
<>Orc Boy #1 shoots Axe/Mace Brethren #1, no hit.
<>Orc Boy #2 shoots Axe/Mace Brethren #1, no hit.

Possessed – Turn Two
<>Axe/Mace Brethren #1 charges Gobbo #3. The spear hits, but can’t wound. The Brethren hits twice, wounds twice, and takes the Goblin out of action.
<>Ellkra the mutant charges Huy’rk the Shaman, hitting twice but not wounding. Huy’rk hits in return, but cannot move.
<>Everyone else moves, with Crassta the Mutant and Spear Brethren #2 cutting off Gruak from escaping the cemetery.
<> Nehrach attempts “Dark Blood” on Jrau the Big ‘Un and succeeds. He deals three S5 wounds, taking him out of action. This does however leave Nehrach knocked down.

Orcs & Goblins – Turn Three
<>Gobbo #2 fails animosity again, this time just standing around.
<>Gobbo #1 attempts to charge Spear Brethren #1 but fails.
<>Urag Charges Axe/Mace Brethren #2, hitting with his dagger, wounding with his dagger, and knocking the Brethren down.
<>Gruak moves around the cemetery, trying to find a way out.
<>Orc Boy #2 shoots Spear Brethren #2, but cannot hit.

Possessed – Turn Three
<>Recovery.
<>Spear Brethren charges into combat with Urag and his Brethren. The Spear hits, but cannot wound. Urag then takes a shot at the Axe/Mace Brethren, but cannot hit. Brethren returns attack, but cannot hit.
<>Axe/Mace Brethren #1 charges Gobbo #1, the Gobbo’s spear missing entirely. The Brethren could hit, but not wound.
<> Crassta charges Gruak, hitting with his Great Claw but cannot wound. Gruak cannot hit in return.
<> Spear Brethren #2 charged Gruak as well, hitting, but not wounding.
<> Nehrach attempts “Dark Blood” again toward a Goblin, but cannot pull it off.
<> Ellkra gets initiative over Huy’rk, hitting with his spear, wounding, and taking the Orc Shaman out of action.

Orcs & Goblins – Turn Four
<>Gruak fails his route check on a 12, and the Orcs & Goblins leave the battlefield.

WINNER: POSSESSED

Post Battle:
Injuries:
The Spear Goblin was killed.
Huy’rk receives an arm wound and misses the next game.
Jrau the Big ‘Un became Hardened

Exploration:
Orcs & Goblins found two shards, selling them for 50 gold. The Possessed, having won and secured the treasure chest found nine gold, two wyrdstone, and a sword in the chest. They also found three shards of wyrdstone and a corpse, gaining another six gold. After selling all their Wyrdstone, their total income for the battle was 105 gold coins.

Levels & Experience:
Nehrach gained the skill Step Aside.
Ellkra gained the skill Step Aside.
Crassta gained the skill Strike to Injure.
The Axe/Mace Brethren gained +1 WSk
Urag gained Mighty Blow
The Goblin Spearmen gained +1 I

Purchases:
The Orcs and Goblins hired another Goblin Spearman, adding him to the already created group. They also hired another Orc Boy to add to their archer group. The Possessed decided to hold onto their gold, hoping to invest in a Possessed member soon.
Back to top Go down
kidcage
Champion
Champion
kidcage

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband   One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 23:25

Battle #7: “Breakthrough” – Ret-Ret’s Pack (Skaven) v. Sons of Reikland (Reiklanders)
<>In a pre-battle sequence, it was determined that the Reiklanders would be the defenders and the Skaven would be the attackers. The attackers would go first. Also, Reiklander Captain Reichard was recuperating from a past injury.

Skaven – Turn One
<>With the start of the game, the Skaven all move across the board, trying to break through.

Reiklanders – Turn One
<>Stephan the Champion and Swordsmen #1 & #3 move into position.
<> Tomas & Fredrick the Youngbloods, along with Swordsmen #2, move into position.
<> Marksman #1 shoots Ret-Ret, hitting, wounding, and stunning him.
<> Marksman #2 shoots Ret-Ret, but could not hit him.
<> Marksman #3 shoots Ret-Ret, hitting but unable to wound.

Skaven - Turn Two
<> Recovery, Ret-Ret goes to knocked down.
<> Everyone continues to move.

Reiklanders – Turn Two
<> Swordsmen #3 charges Giant Rat #1, hitting twice, wounding once, and knocking it down.
<> Swordsmen #1 charges Neclet, hitting twice, but not wounding. Neclet hit twice, wounded twice, and took the Swordsmen out of action.
<> Stephan charged Verminkin #1, the Skaven missing with his spear. Stephan hit, wounded, and knocked down the rat in return.
<> Tomas charged Verminkin #2, but while both could hit, neither could wound.
<> Fredrick charged Verminkin #2, and while the spear could not connect for the Vermin, Fredrick hit twice, wounded twice, and stunned the rat.
<> Swordsmen #2 charged Verminkin #3, moving out of the way of the spear, hitting twice, wounding twice, and taking the Verminkin out of action.
<> Marksmen #1 and #2 each took shots at Ret-Ret, but could not hit him.
<> Marksmen #3 hit, wounded, and stunned Teek-Teek the sorcerer.

Skaven – Turn Three
<> Recovery
<> Neclet charges Stephan, hitting twice, wounding once, and taking him out of action.
<> Giant Rat #2 charged Swordsmen #2, hitting but not wounding. The Swordsman hit, wounded, and took the rat out of action.
<> Giant Rat #3 charged Swordsman #2, hitting but not wounding. The Swordsman hit, wounded, and stunned.
<> Slinger #1 charges Fredrick, but Fredrick’s spear hits, wounds, and takes him out of action.
<> Slinger #2 charges Fredrick, but cannot hit.
<> Yeckles, Mekrit, and Stek move toward the edge, hoping to secure victory.
<> The Giant Rat #1 hit Swordsmen #3, but is parried. The Swordsman hits twice, but cannot wound.

Reiklanders – Turn Three
<> Fredrick successfully makes his route check, keeping the Reiklanders in battle.
<> Marksman #1 shoots Ret-Ret, hitting, wounding, and taking the Skaven leader out of action.
<> Marksman #2 shoots Neclet, hitting but not wounding.
<> Marksman #3 shoots Yeckles, hitting, wounding, and knocking him down.
<> Swordsman #3 takes Giant Rat #1 out of action.
<> Swordsman #2 takes Giant Rat #3 out of action.
<> Slinger #2 hits Fredrick but can’t wound. Fredrick can hit, but not wound.
<> Verminkin #2 fails to hit Tomas, and Tomas is able to hit but not wound.

Skaven – Turn Four
<> Teek-Teek the Sorcerer fails the route check, forcing the Skaven from the board.

WINNER: REIKLANDERS

Post Battle:
Injuries:
Giant Rat #1 was killed, as was one of the Spear Verminkin. Ret-Ret made a full recovery. The Reiklander Swordsman made a full recovery while Stephan was robbed of his 2-Handed Sword.

Exploration:
The Skaven found three shards, which they sold for 60 gold coins. The Reiklanders found three shards as well, also selling for 60 gold coins.

Levels & Experience:
Stephan gained a skill, taking “Strongman.”
Tomas gained +1 Leadership.
Fredrick gained a skill, taking “Strike to Injure.”
One of the Marksman became a hero, taking the skill “Quick Shot.”
The rest of the Marksman gained +1 Initiative.
Teek-Teek gained +A.
Stek gained +1 WS.
Neclet gained +1 WS.
Yeckles gained a skill, taking “Resilient.”
Slingers gained +1 BS.

Purchases:
The Skaven bought a giant rat and added a spear Verminkin back to the group. The Reiklanders bought Stephan his equipment back.

Back to top Go down
kidcage
Champion
Champion
kidcage

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband   One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 23:26

Battle #8: “Skirmish” - Warriors of the Wolf (Middenheimers) v. Handmaidens of Sigmar (Sisters)
<>In the pre-game sequence, the Middenheimers won the right to go first.

Middenheimers – Turn One

<> Everyone but the Marksmen move.
<> Marksman #1 shoots Novice #1, but cannot hit.
<> Marksman #2 shoots Novice #2, but cannot hit.

Sisters of Sigmar – Turn One
<> Everyone moves.

Middenheimers – Turn Two
<> Hammer Warrior #1 charges Alena, but cannot hit. Alena hits, but cannot wound.
<> 2-Handed Hammer Warrior charges Theresa, and Theresa hits, wounds, and takes the warrior out of action.
<> Everyone else but the Marksmen move.
<> Marksman #1 shoots Geena but cannot hit.
<> Marksman #2 shoots Steel Whip Sister, hitting but not wounding.

Sisters of Sigmar – Turn Two
<> Theresa charges Hammer Warrior #1, hitting, but not wounding.
<> Geena charges Hammer Warrior #1, hitting, wounding, and knocking him down.
<> Helena charges Hammer Warrior #2, hitting but it is parried with the buckler. The Hammer warrior is unable to hit.
<> Sister with Hammer #1 charges Hammer Warrior #3, hitting, wounding, and knocking him down.
<> Rebekeh charges Fenster, hitting twice, wounding, but the Armor Save is made by the Middenheim Captain. He is unable to hit, however.
<> Novice #2 charges Sopha, hitting and wounding, but Sopha has two wounds. Sopha hits twice, wounds once, and takes the Novice out of action.
<> Alena takes Hammer Warrior #1 out of action.

Middenheimers - Turn #3
<> Recovery.
<> Veston & Beldon stay where they are.
<> Alester charges Helena, Helena is able to hit but not wound. Alester hits, wounds critically, and bludgeons Helena out of action.
<> Sopha charges Hammer Sister #1, hitting twice, wounding critically, and bludgeoning her out of action.
<> Marksman #1 shoots Geena, hitting but not wounding.
<> Marksman #2 shoots Geena, hitting but not wounding.
<> Fenster is able to hit, wound, and knockdown Rebekah.

Sisters of Sigmar – Turn Three
<> Route check is passed by the Sisters.
<> Recovery.
<> Geena charges Veston, but fails.
<> Theresa charges Beldon, but fails.
<> Alena & the Whip Sister move.
<> In the battle between Captain Fenster and Matriarch Rebekah, neither can hit.

Middenheimers – Turn Four
<> Veston charges Geena, hitting but can’t wound. Geena hits, but cannot wound either.
<> Beldon charges Theresa, hitting, wounding, and knocking her down.
<> Sopha, Alester, and the Hammer Warriors move.
<> Marksman #1 shoots Alena, hitting, wounding critically, and taking her out of action.
<> Marksman #2 shoots Whip Sister, but cannot hit.
<> Fenster hits, wounds, and takes Rebekah out of action.

Sisters of Sigmar – Turn Four
<> The Sisters of Sigmar voluntarily route.

Post Battle:
Injuries:
2-Handed Hammer Warrior Survives, as does the Hammer Warrior #1. Rebekah fully recovers, as do Novice #2 and Sister #1. Alena receives two injuries, a chest wound, and also a recovery. Helena is horribly scarred, causing her to now cause fear.

Exploration:
The Sisters find two shards which they sell for 45 gold coins. The Middenhemers find five shards and an overturned cart. They find 10 gold on the cart and sell the Wyrdstone for 80 gold, making their total income 90 gold coins.

Levels & Experience:
Rebekah gains +1 W.
Alena gains a skill, taking Step Aside.
Theresa gained +1 W.
Geena gains +1 Leadership.
The Whip Sister gains +1 Attack.
The Hammer Sisters gain +1 WS.
Alester gains +1 W.
Beldon gains a Skill, taking Mighty Blow.
Sopha leveled twice, taking the skill “Step Aside” and also gaining +1 Attack.
The Marksmen gained +1 BS.
The Warrior with 2-Handed Hammer gained +1 WS
The Warriors with a Hammer/Buckler gained +1 I

Purchases:

No purchase were made with either warband after the battle.

Back to top Go down
kidcage
Champion
Champion
kidcage

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband   One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Icon_minitimeSat 16 Apr 2011 - 18:38

For those who have been following, sorry for the delay. The final two battles of round two (Averlanders versus Dwarves and Undead versus Witch Hunters) will be posted Monday. Also posted will be the line-up of the round three battles.

I'm toying with the idea of having a few multi-warband battles, but with 10 warbands that might be a bit problematic. I'm thinking either two 3-Warband melee's and one giant 4-way, or two 4-way melees and one 1-on-1 battle.

Any ideas would be most welcome, and starting in round 4... RANDOM HAPPENINGS!
Back to top Go down
smokezombie
Warlord
Warlord
smokezombie

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband   One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Icon_minitimeSat 16 Apr 2011 - 20:13

How about some pics? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kidcage
Champion
Champion
kidcage

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband   One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011 - 23:45

I haven't been taking pics, but I suppose it's a good time to start. I have a few pics of some of the warbands though. Maybe I need to get to posting Smile
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband   One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Icon_minitimeTue 19 Apr 2011 - 21:48

Oh yeah with pics more people will comment.

It's to theoretical i think.
Back to top Go down
kidcage
Champion
Champion
kidcage

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband   One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Icon_minitimeTue 19 Apr 2011 - 21:54

Alrighty then, after my next round I'll have to start taking pics.

I've gotten through my multiple-warband rounds, so starting with Round 4 I'll be doing pictures. A lot of the models aren't quite painted yet though, so there'll be a lot of "Well... he'd look cool PAINTED."
Back to top Go down
kidcage
Champion
Champion
kidcage

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband   One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Icon_minitimeTue 19 Apr 2011 - 21:55

Battle #9: “Hidden Treasure” - The Beards of Gold & Stone (Dwarves) v. Guards of Blackfire Pass (Averlanders)
<>In a pre-battle sequence, the Dwarves won the right to go first.

Dwarves – Turn One
<>All the Dwarves, with the exception of the Thunderer and Frun move, and with four buildings searched, the treasure is not found.

Averlanders – Turn One
<>Lawren Donell the Bergjaeger finds the treasure chest in the first building searched. He moves out of the building toward the edge of the battlefield.
<>Halfling #1 shoots Clansman Dietre Bruhn, but can’t hit.
<>Halfling #2 shoots Bruhn, hitting but can’t wound.
<>Halfling #3 had no shots.

Dwarves – Turn Two
<>Everyone but Engineer and Thunderer move.
<>Thunderer shoots Youngblood Wyem, hitting but not wounding.
<> Frun shoots Wyem, hitting twice, wounding critically once to ignore armor, but only knocks him down.

Averlanders – Turn Two
<>Wyem recovers, standing up.
<>Lawren the Bergjaeger moves the treasure chest off the battlefield.

WINNERS: AVERLANDERS

Post Battle:
Injuries:
No injuries were suffered during the battle.

Exploration:
In the chest, the Averlanders found four gold pieces and one piece of Wyrdstone. The Averlanders than found three shards of Wyrdstone and five gold in a shop. After selling all the Wyrdstone, the Averlanders had 92 gold pieces in their possession. The Dwarves found three shards as well, along with 7 gold from rescued prisoners, ending up with 67 gold to add to their 45 gold already, giving them a grand total of 112 gold.

Levels & Experience:
Arlon the Slayer gained the skill “Ferocious Charge.”
Balder the Clansman Hero gained +1 Wound.
Cousin Grum the Clandsman gained +1 WS.
Lawren the Bergjaeger gained two levels: +1 Wound and +1 BS.
The Marksman gained +1 BS.
Wyem the Youngblood gained +1 Initiative.

Purchases:
After the battle, Uncle Juln joined Huln as a Thunderer, and a helmet was bought for Balder the hero Clansman.
For the Averlanders, they hired Lucio, the Tilean Marksman for their next battle. They decided to save the rest of their money for the next battle as well.

Back to top Go down
kidcage
Champion
Champion
kidcage

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband   One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Icon_minitimeTue 19 Apr 2011 - 21:57

Battle #10: “Occupy” – Walpurgis Night (Undead) v. Righteous Fury (Witch Hunters)
<>In pre-battle, the Undead won the right to go first. There are five “occupational goals” in this battle, four buildings and a cemetery.

Undead – Turn One
<>Everyone but Orloff the Warlock and Alarec the Necromancer move.
<>Gondo, Carlo, and Frahc move into the cemetery.
<>Wandessa moves into building three.
<>Alarec has no range for a shot.
<>Orloff was unable to set off his “Silver Arrows of Arha” spell.

Witch Hunters – Turn One
<>Everyone moves.
<>Belmont moves into building one.
<>Ellias tries to climb down, fails, but takes no wound.

Undead – Turn Two
<>Gondo charges Dog #1, hitting twice, wounding once, and taking it out of action.
<>Carlo charges Dog #2, hitting once, wounding once, and knocking it down.
<>Frahc charges Dog #3, hitting three times, wounding twice, and knocking it down.
<>Wandessa moves into building four.
<>Three zombies move into building three.
<>Two ghould and Modo move toward building one.
<>Four zombies move into the cememtery.
<>Two zombies move.
<>Alarec shoots Victor, hitting but not wounding.
<>Orloff successfully casts “Silver Arrows of Arha” at Zachariah, unleashing seven arrows. He scores four hits, one wound, and takes the Warrior Priest out of action.

Witch Hunters – Turn Two
<>Recovery.
<>Willhelm charges Gondo, where Gondo hit twice with his spear, wounding once, and knocking him down.
<>The Puppeteer Zealot failed his charge against Wandessa.
<>The Executioner Zealot failed his charge against Wandessa.
<>Victor moves into the cemetery.
<>The Flagellants and Ellias move.
<>Carlo hit the dog twice, wounding it once, and stunning it.
<>Frahc hit the dog, wounding it, and knocking it down.

Undead – Turn Three
<>Zombie #1 charges Flagellant #1, hitting, wounding, and knocking him down.
<>Zombie #2 charges Flagellant #2, hitting, wounding, and taking him out of action.
<>Wandessa charges the Puppeteer, hitting twice, wounding twice, and taking him out of action.
<>Zombie #3 charges Victor, hitting, but not wounding.
<>Zombie #4 charges Victor, but cannot hit.
<>Zombie #5 charges Victor, hitting, wounding, and taking him out of action.
<>Ghoul #1 charges Belmont, hitting twice, wounding, and knocking him down.
<>Modo charges Belmont, taking him out of action.
<>Gondo takes Willhelm out of action.
<>Frahc takes the dog out of action.
<>Carlo takes the dog out of action.
<>Alarec shoots Ellias, but cannot hit.
<>Orloff casts “Silver Arrows…” against Ellias, succeeding with five arrows. He hits three times, but fails to wound.

Witch Hunters – Turn Three
<>Recovery.
<>Executioner Zealot attempts to charge Wandessa, but cannot come over his fear.
<>Ellias shoots Ghoul, hitting but cannot wound.
<>Zombie #1 hit the Flagellant, but could not wound. Flagellant then hit, wounded, and knocked down the zombie in return.

Undead – Turn Four
<>Recovery.
<>Wandessa charges the Zealot, hitting, wounding, and taking him out of action.
<>Ghoul #1 charges Ellias, hitting three times but failing to wound.
<>Ghoul #2 charges Ellias, hitting twice, wounding twice, and stunning him.
<>Modo charges Ellias, taking him out of action.
<>Zombie #2 charges the Flagellant, hitting and wounding him, knocking him down. This allows Zombie #1 to take him out of action.

WINNERS: UNDEAD

Post Battle:
Injuries:
Belmont received a hand injury, losing -1 WS. Willhelm makes a full recovery. Victor becomes hardened while Ellias is now horribly scarred. The Puppeteer Zealot lives, along with all three wardogs and one of the flagellants. One flagellant, the Executioner Zealot, and Zachariah the Warrior Priest are all killed.

Exploration:
The Witch Hunters have no exploration. The Undead find five shards, selling them for 70 gold, along with finding 5 gold in the shop.

Levels & Experience:
Flagellants gained +1 Initiative.
Puppeteer Zealot became a hero, gaining +1 Toughness.
Gondo gained +1 WS.
Modo leveled twice, gaining +1 Leadership and taking the skill “Strike to Injure.”

Purchases:

The Witch Hunters could not make any purchases. The Undead paid off Orloff’s 15 gold upkeep to keep him on the squad.

Back to top Go down
kidcage
Champion
Champion
kidcage

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband   One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Icon_minitimeTue 19 Apr 2011 - 22:00

Battle #11: Treasure Hunt – “Sons of Reikland” (Reiklanders) v. Da Big Boyz & Puny Gobbos (Orcs & Goblins) v. Handmaidens of Sigmar (Sisters of Sigmar) v. Ret-Ret’s Pack (Skaven)
<>By pre-game roll off, the sequence of play would be Handmaidens of Sigmar, then Da Big Boyz & Puny Gobbos, then Ret-Ret’s Pack, and finally the Reiklanders. Also, there are a total of 9 pieces of Wyrdstone in play.

Sisters – Turn One
<>The Sisters all move, Hammer Sister #3 picking up a Shard of Wyrdstone. Helena picks up a second shard of Wyrdstone as well. The two novices and Geena move toward the Orcs side, eyeing both Gruak and Huy’rk as they do. Rebekah, Alena, and Helena all move forward to the center of the board, as does Theresa and the whip sister.

<>Animosity rolls: Goblin #4 fails, forcing him to stay where he is.
<>Gruak moves forward, picking up a piece of Wyrdstone. Urag, Goblin #1, and Goblin #2 move forward, Urag picking up the Wyrdstone. Jrau and Goblin #3 move forward, as does Huy’rk.
<>Orc Boy #1 shoots Spear Verminkin #3, no hit.
<>Orc Boy #2 shoots Spear Verminkin #3, no hit.
<>Orc Boy #3 shoots Mekrit, hitting, but not able to wound.

Skaven – Turn One
<>Verminkin #3 charges Urag, hitting, but Urag parried it.
<>Merkit charges Urag, hitting twice, wounding twice (one critically, doing two wounds), and taking him out of action. Mekrit then picked up his wyrdstone.
<> Stek and the two giant rats move toward the two goblins with Urag. Teek-Teek moves and picks up a Wyrdstone. Ret-Ret, Giant Rat #3, and Verminkin #1 & 2 move forward, Ret-Ret grabbing a Wyrdstone. Yeckles, Neclet, and the two sling Verminkin moved right in front of Reichard and the two swordsmen.

Reiklanders – Turn One
<>Reichard charged Neclet, hitting with his dueling pistol, wounding him, and taking him out of action.
<> Swordsman #1 charged Yeckles, hitting twice, but not wounding. Yeckles hit with his dagger, but couldn’t wound.
<> Swordsman #2 charged Verminkin Slinger #1, hitting once, wounding, and taking it out of action.
<> Fredrick, Tomas, Stephan, and Swordsman #3 all moved toward the center of the board, hoping to gain the wyrdstone.
<> Marksman #1 shot at Hammer Sister #3, hitting, but not wounding.
<> Marksman #2 shot at Hammer Sister #3, but could not hit.

Sisters – Turn Two:
<>Novice #1 charged Gruak, hitting with her dagger but couldn’t wound.
<> Novice #2 charged Gruak, hitting once with her warhammer, wounding, and stunning him. However, his helmet made his save.
<> Geena charged Huy’rk, hitting, but not wounding. Huy’rk hit twice, wounded once, and knocked her down.
<> All the other Sister moved towards the cemetery in the middle of the board, hoping to capture Wyrdstone.

Orcs & Goblins – Turn Two:
<>Recovery.
<> Goblins #3 and #4 failed animosity, with Goblin #3 charging into Goblin #4. Goblin #4 hit but couldn’t wound. Goblin #3 hit but couldn’t wound, and the two separated.
<> Goblin #1 charged Verminkin #3, the Verminkin not able to hit with his spear. Goblin #1 hit, but couldn’t wound.
<> Goblin #2 charged Mekrit, hitting, wounding, and knocking him down.
<> Jrau moved to help Gruak and Hur’yk.
<> Novice #1 could not hit Gruak.
<> Novice #2 hit Gruak with her warhammer, but could not wound. Gruak hit, wounded, and knocked her down.

Skaven – Turn Two
<>Recovery.
<>Stek charged Goblin #2, hitting once, wounding critically (doing two wounds +2 to injury roll), and taking him out of action.
<>Giant Rat #1 charged Goblin #1, the Goblin’s spear hitting, wounding, and taking it out of action.
<>Giant Rat #2 charged Goblin #1, but could not hit.
<>Giant Rat #3 charged Swordsman #2, but could not hit.
<>Ret-Ret charged Swordsman #2, hitting twice, wounding twice, and taking him out of action.
<>Vermkin Spear #2 moves toward the Reiklanders, while #1 moves toward the cemetery to grab Wyrdstone.
<>Yeckles could not hit Swordsman #1, the Swordsman could not hit either.

Reiklanders – Turn Two:
<>Reichard charged Ret-Ret, hitting twice, wounding once, and taking him out of action.
<> Fredrick, Tomas, Stephan, and Swordsman #3 all moved toward the center of the board, Stephan picking up once piece of wyrdstone.
<> Markus took two shots, one on each Spear Verminkin below him. Against Verminkin Spear #2, he hit, wounded, and took it out of action. Against Verminkin #2, he hit, wounded, and knocked it down.
<> Marksman #1 took a shot at Verminkin #2, hitting and wounding it, taking it out of action.
<> Marksman #2 took a shot at Hammer Sister #3, hitting, wounding, and knocking her down.
<> Yeckles went before the Swordsman again, but again could not hit. Swordsman #1 hit twice, wounded once, and stunned him.

Sisters – Turn Three:
<>Recovery.
<> Hammer Sister #1 charged Tomas, hitting but Tomas parried it. Tomas, could not hit.
<> Hammer Sister #2 charged Swordsman #3, hit, but the Swordsman parried it. The Swordsman hit, wounded, and knocked her down.
<> Hammer Sister #3 charged Fredrick, Fredrick’s spear hitting but not wounding. The Sister hit, wounded, and knocked him down.
<> Theresa and Whip Sister moved into the cemetery, Theresa taking the Wyrdstone. Helena moved into cemetery toward the last Wyrdstone while Alena and Rebekah moved around the cemetery to cut off any Orcs.
<> Novice #1 hit Gruak, wounded him critically with the dagger, ignoring armor, and knocked him down.
<> Novice #2 wounded Gruak, taking him out of action and taking his Wyrdstone.
<> Huy’rk went first against Geena, hitting but unable to wound. Geena hit with her warhammer but could not wound.

Orcs & Goblins: Turn Three
<>Recovery
<>All Animosity checks were passed.
<>Jrau charged Novice #2, but could not hit. Novice #2 hit with the warhammer, wounded critically, and bludgeoned him out of action.
<>Goblins #3 and #4 moved behind Jrau.
<>Goblin #1 went before the giant rat, hitting, wounding, and taking it out of action.
<>Huy’rk lost initiative to Geena, and she hit once but couldn’t wound. He in turn hit her with his club, wounded her, and took her out of action.
<>Orc Boy #1 fired at Mekrit, hitting, wounding, and taking him out of action, forcing him to drop his Wyrdstone.
<>Orc Boy #2 shot at Stek, but could not hit him.
<>Orc Boy #3 shot at Verminkin #3, hitting, wounding, and taking it out of action.

Skaven – Turn Three:
<>Seeing the carnage around them, the Skaven voluntarily routed.

Reiklanders – Turn Three:
<>Recovery.
<>Stephan charged Hammer Sister #3, hitting her, wounding her, and taking her out of action, taking her Wyrdstone.
<> Reichard and the Swordsman with him moved toward the middle of the board, hoping to join their comrades in action.
<> Markus took two shots at Theresa, hitting once, but unable to wound her.
<> Marksman #1 took a shot at the Whip Sister, hitting, wounding, and taking her out of action.
<> Marksman #2 took a shot at Theresa, hitting, wounding, and taking her out of action, forcing her to drop her wyrdstone.
<> Swordsman #3 wounded Hammer Sister #2, taking her out of action.
<> Tomas won initiative over Hammer Sister #1, hitting but not wounding. She responded by hitting, wounding, and stunning him.

Sisters – Turn Four:
<>Rebekah makes the Route test, allowing the Sisters to continue fighting.
<>Recovery.
<> Novice #1 charged Goblin #3, the goblin unable to hit with his spear. The novice hit with her dagger, but could not wound.
<> Novice #2 charged Goblin #4, the goblin hitting her, wounding her, and taking her out of action. She then took the Wyrdstone that she dropped.
<> Rebekah and Alena moved into the graveyard, Rebekah grabbing the Wyrdstone, while Helena moved toward the Wyrdstone that Theresa had dropped.
<> Hammer Sister #1 took Tomas out of action.

Orcs & Goblins – Turn Four:
<>Huy’rk voluntarily routed, taking the one piece of Wyrdstone the goblins grabbed with them.

Reiklanders – Turn Four:
<>Swordsman #3 charged Hammer Sister #1, hitting, wounding, and stunning her.
<> Fredrick charged Hammer Sister #1, taking her out of action.
<>Reichard and the Swordsman moved right outside the cemetery walls while Stephan ran into the cemetery to pick up the piece of Wyrdstone Theresa had dropped.
<> Markus took two shots at Helena, hitting, wounding, and knocking her down.
<> Marksman #1 took a shot at Alena, hitting, wounding, and knocking her down.
<> Marksman #2 took a shot at Alena, hitting and wounding her, taking her out of action.

Sisters of Sigmar – Turn Five:
<>Hoping to fight for her fallen comrades, but knowing she was not only outnumbered but outgunned, Rebekah chose to voluntarily route.

WINNERS: REIKLANDERS

Post Battle:
Injuries:
*Sisters: All henchwomen survived. Alena was killed. Theresa was robbed. Geena was forced to miss two battles with a deep wound.
*Orcs & Goblins: The goblin was killed. Gruak was robbed. Urag made a full recovery. Jrau made a full recovery as well.
*Skaven: All three spear Verminkin were killed, and the verminkin with sling was killed. The rats made a full recovery. Ret-Ret became hardened. Mekrit was killed. Neclet fully recovered.
*Reiklanders: The Swordsman fully recovered. Tomas fully recovered.

Exploration:
*Sisters: They found two shards, along with the two they took from the battle, selling them for 65 gold coins. Added to the 64 already in their possession, they have a grand total of 129 gold.
*Orcs & Goblins: Found one shard, along with the other piece they had from the game, they them both for 45 gold coins.
*Skaven: They found two shards, along with the one they left the battle with, selling all three shards for 65 gold. Added to the 38 they already had, it gave them a grand total of 103 gold.
*Reiklanders: They found 4 shards, along with a graveyard. With eight shards total, they sold them for 120 gold and found 30 gold in the graveyard. With their already banked 35, the Reiklanders end up with a total of 185 gold coins.

Levels & Experience:
*Sisters of Sigmar: Helena took the skill “Step Aside.” The Novices gained +1 WS.
*Orcs & Goblins: Goblins got +1 Weapon Skill. Orc Boyz gained +1 S.
*Skaven: Neclet gained +1 S.
*Reiklanders: Reichard took the skill “Hunter.” Stephan gained +1 W. Fredrick gained the skill “Step Aside.” Markus gained +1 W. With the Swordsmen, one (Krevin) became a hero. The two henchmen gained +1 Attack. The new hero gained +1 T.

Purchases:
*Sisters of Sigmar: The Sisters bought back all of Theresa’s equipment and also brought Sister Superior Chloe out for combat, arming her with a Steel Whip, Sling, and Helmet. Also, a second Sigmarite Warhammer was bought for Rebekah. This left the Sisters with 30 gold in their treasury.
*Orcs & Goblins: Gruak’s double handed axe and helmet were re-bought, leaving 20 gold left in their treasury.
*Skaven: Hired 3 more Verminkin, giving them each spears. This left 13 gold in their treasury.
*Reiklanders: Hired two more Marksmen to join the warband, outfitting them with longbows and swords and adding them to the already created henchmen group. They also chose to hire a Kislev Ranger named Margarit, along with buying helmets for Kevlin, Tomas, and Fredrick. All this still left 23 gold in their treasury.
Back to top Go down
kidcage
Champion
Champion
kidcage

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband   One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Icon_minitimeTue 19 Apr 2011 - 22:31

Battle #12: Treasure Hunt – Guards of Blackfire Pass (Averlanders) v. Beards of Gold & Stone (Dwarves) v. Shaggoth-Dagon (Possessed)
<>By pre-game roll off, Dwarves will go first, then Possessed, then Averlanders. Also, there are a total of 8 pieces of Wyrdstone in play.

Dwarves – Turn One:
<>All Dwarves but Frun and the Thunderers move. Balder, Goron, and Beardling #2 move toward the Averlander side where Deadric, Wyem, and Havran are. Arlon moves toward the Wyrdstone piece near him, while Gorlax, Beardling #1, Clansman Grum and Clansman Buhn move toward the center of the board.
<>Thunderer #2 takes aim at Havran, hitting, but not wounding.
<>Thunderer #1 takes aim at Halfing #1, hitting, wounding, and knocking him down.
<>Frun takes aim at Halfling #2, taking two shots, hitting twice, wounding twice, and stunning him, but his helmet saved him.

Possessed – Turn One:
<>Nehrach moved from under his building, picking up a piece of Wyrdstone. Crassta, Axe/Mace Brethren #2, and Spear Brethren #2 moved toward the center of the board, hoping to get a hoard of Wyrdstone in the cemetery. Ellkra picked up a piece of Wyrdstone, while Spear Brethren #1 and Axe/Mace Brethren #1 moved out to stand in front of the Mountain Guard.

Averlanders – Turn One:
<>Recovery
<>Diedric moved forward, picking up a piece of wyrdstone, and holding his ground. Havran and Wyem moved up with Diedric. The Mountain Guard moved up next to a Wyrdstone piece, blocking the way of the Cult of Possessed.
<>Halfling #1 took aim at Thunderer #2, hitting, but unable to wound.
<>Halfling #2 took aim at Ellkra, hitting, but unable to wound.
<>Halfling #3 took aim at Ellkra, hitting, but unable to wound.
<>Lucio the Tilean Marksman took aim at Ellkra, hitting, wounding, and knocking him down.

Dwarves – Turn Two:
<>Balder charged Havran, Havran firing his dueling pistol, which hit, wounded critically, ignoring armor, and stunning him, but his helmet made the save. Havran then tried to wound him with his hammer, but could not.
<> Goron charged Wyem, Wyem’s spear failing to hit. Goron’s Dwarf Axe hit but could not wound.
<> Beardling #2 charged Deadric, the Averlander firing his pistol hitting but unable to wound. The Beardling hit with his club but was parried, and Deadric hit with his sword, wounded critically (two wounds), and took him out of action.
<> Arlon moved forward, picking up Wyrdstone while Gorlax, Beardling #1, Clansman Grum and Clansman Buhn continue their move toward the center of the board.
<> Thunderer #2 took a shot at Halfling #1, hitting, wounding, and taking him out of action.
<> Thunderer #1 took a shot at Halfling #2, but could not hit.

Possessed – Turn Two:
<>Axe/Mace Brethren #1 charged Mountain Guard #2, hitting twice, wounding twice, and knocking him down.
<>Ellkra charged Mountain Guard #2, wounding the down Averlander and taking him out of action.
<>Spear Brethren #1 charged Mountain Guard #2, but was intercepted by Mountain Guard #1, and he could not hit. The Averlander hit once, wounded, and stunned him.
<>Nehrach continued moving toward an open piece of Wyrdstone while Crassta, Spear Brethren #2, and Axe/Mace Brethren #2 moved to the wall of the cemetery.

Averlanders – Turn Two:
<>Recovery.
<>Deadric charged Goron, hitting but unable to wound. Goron responded, but could not hit.
<>The Marksman with the Blunderbuss fired his weapon, hitting Ellkra and Axe/Mace Brethren. The gunshot wounded Ellkra, stunning him, but no harm came to the Brethren.
<>Lawren took aim at Ellkra, hitting, and wounding him, thus taking him out of the fight. Ellkra dropped his Wyrdstone.
<>Halfling #2 shot at Axe/Mace Brethren #1, but could not hit.
<>Halfling #3 shot at Axe/Mace Brethren #1, hitting, wounding, and knocking him down.
<>Lucio the Tilean shot at Axe/Mace Brethren #1, hitting and wounding him, taking him out of action.
<>The Mountain Guard took Spear Brethren #1 out of action.
<>Wyem hit Goron, but could not wound.
<>Havran was able to wound the downed Balder, taking him out of action.

Dwarves – Turn Three:
<>Alron made his way to help Goron while the other Dwarves moved again toward the middle of the board.
<>Thunderer #2 fired at Lawren, but couldn’t hit.
<>Thunderer #1 fired at Halfling #2, but he couldn’t hit.
<>Frun fired at Nehrach, but could not hit.
<>Diedric hit with his dueling pistol on Goron, wounded, and after Goron’s armor saved failed, took him out of action.

Possessed – Turn Three:
<>Nehrach made his route test, moved forward, and picked up another piece of Wyrdstone before joining Crassta, and the two Brethren behind the wall of the cemetery, out of sight of any enemy.

Averlanders – Turn Three:
<>Havran charged Arlon, hitting, wounding, and knocking him down.
<>Wyem charged Arlon, but could not wound.
<>Diedrich charged Arlon, hitting, wounding, and taking him out of action, and taking his Wyrdstone.
<>Mountain Guard #1 was able to pick up 2 pieces of Wyrdstone.
<>Lawren fired at Thunderer #2, hitting but unable to wound.
<>Halfling #2 fired at Thunderer #2, but could not hit.
<>Halfling #3 fired at Gorlax, hitting but not wounding.
<>Lucio fired at Gorlax, hitting, but unable to wound.

Dwarves – Turn Four:
<>Looking around, the Dwarves decided to continue their fight, making their route test easily.
<>Recovery.
<>Gorlax charged Wyem, the Averlander’s spear hitting but unable to wound. Gorlax then hit twice, but could not move.
<>Clansman Brun picked up a piece of Wyrdstone, while Beardling #1 and Clansman Grum moved to help Gorlax.
<>Thunderer #2 took a shot at Diedric, hitting, but unable to wound.
<>Thunderer #1 took a shot at Diedric, hitting, but unable to wound.
<>Frun took a shot at Havran, unable to hit.

Possessed – Turn Four:
<>Believing that living to fight another day would be wise, they voluntarily routed.

Averlanders – Turn Four:
<>Havran charged Gorlax, hitting with his pistol, but not able to wound.
<>Diedric charged Gorlax, hitting with his sword, but unable to wound.
<>Mountain Guard #1 moved into the cemetery, almost reaching one of the last two pieces of Wyrdstone.
<>Lawren took a shot at Clansman Brun, hitting, but not wounding.
<>Halfling #2 took a shot at Clansman Brun, hitting but unable to wound.
<>Lucio took a shot at Clansman Brun, hitting but not wounding.
<>Halfling #3 took the final shot at Clansman Brun, hitting but like the others before, unable to wound.
<>Wyem hit, wounded, and took Gorlax out of action.

Dwarves – Turn Five:
<>Frun made the route test, continuing the battle for the Dwarves.
<>Beardling #1 charged Deadric, hitting, but unable to wound. Deadric hit but could not wound.
<>Clansman Bruhn moved into the cemetery, picking up a piece of Wyrdstone. Clansman Grum moved to help the Beardling.
<>Thunderer #2 took a shot at Havran, but could not hit.
<>Thunderer #1 took a shot at Wyem, hitting but could not wound.
<>Frun took a shot at Mountain Guard #1, but could not hit him.

Averlanders – Turn Five:
<>Mountain Guard #1 charged Clansman Bruhn, picking up the last piece of Wyrdstone as he did, hitting twice, wounding once, and taking him out of action, taking his Wyrdstone as well. As the Mountain Guardsmen stood there holding four pieces of Wyrdstone, he could do nothing but smile.
<>Havran charged Clansman Grum, hitting, but unable to wound.
<>Wyem charged Clansman Grum, hitting, wounding critically (kebab), and stunning him.
<>Lawren took a shot at Thunderer #2, hitting, but unable to wound.
<>Halfling #2 took a shot at Thunderer #2, hitting, wounding critically (ignoring armor saves), and knocking him down.
<>Halfling #3 took a shot at Frun, hitting but unable to wound.
<>Lucio took a shot at Frun, hitting, but unable to wound.
<>Deadric hit the Beardling but could not wound him, the Beardling could not hit in return.

Dwarves – Turn Six:

<>Watching his brethren continue to fall, Frun called for the retreat, voluntarily routing.

WINNERS: AVERLANDERS

Post Battle:
Injuries:
*Averlanders: Both the single Mountain Guard and Halfling Survived.
*Dwarves: Goron received a hand wound, losing -1 WS. Gorlax fully recovered. Arlon fully recovered. Balder fully recovered. Clansman Bruhn and Beardling Juln survived.
*Possessed: Ellkra made a full recovery, as did the Axe/Mace Brethren.

Exploration:
*Averlanders found four shards, added to the five they grabbed during the battle gave them nine total. They sold eight for 120 gold, adding to their 62 already, for a grand total of 182 gold and 1 Wyrdstone.
*Dwarves: The Dwarves found two shards, selling them for 45 gold. This, with the 33 they had in their treasury, gave them 78.
*The Possessed: Found 2 shard, along with the two they found during the battle, giving them 70 gold. This, added to their treasury of 110, gave them 180.

Levels & Experience:
*Averlanders: Deidric gained +1 Attack. Havran gained +1 WS. Wyem gained the skill Step Aside. The Mountain Guardsmen gained +1 Strength.
*Dwarves: Frun gained +1 BS. Gorlax gained +1 Strength. Beardlings gained +1 initiative, and the Thunderers gained +1 BS.
*Possessed: Nehrach gained +1 Toughness. Ellkra gained +1 Attack. The Spear Brethren gained +1 Leadership.

Purchases:
*The Averlanders paid off Lucio’s upkeep fee, deciding to continue to keep him on. They also bought a longbow for the Marksman, giving him a second missile weapon. Also, Deadric bought a second dueling pistol.
*The Dwarves decided not to buy anything for the time being, sitting on their money.
*The Possessed continue to save their money, hoping to purchase a Possessed member of their warband.

Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband   One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Icon_minitimeWed 20 Apr 2011 - 17:46

This is fun and inspiring! I am looking at running a single player campaign myself! Any advice? Was 10 warbands the right number? Or after playing a bit you think another number is better? How are you choosing the battles and scenarios? Just random or a story you have set up? I'm really glad to know you can play solo and have as much fun as you seem to be having! One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband 665330
Back to top Go down
kidcage
Champion
Champion
kidcage

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband   One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Icon_minitimeWed 20 Apr 2011 - 21:26

I've found ten can be a good number, I'm half tempted to try again with 12. If you randomize the warbands battling it can really mix things up with how battles can go. I try to make sure no warband fights one-on-one with another in three fights, this way you won't see two straight "Witch Hunters versus Undead", although in some instances with the multi-warband fights, that happened.

One of the things I know I'd like to do is take pictures, something that for the most part is a little hard since I find time to game a little during Friday mornings, and because I'm trying to get through a few games, I don't think about pictures until after-the-fact. That, and because a good portion of my warbands aren't fully painted, I'd hate to show incomplete work.

Now that I'm really getting back into the game though, what I'm thinking of doing is having each warband compete in 5-6 battles before ending the campaign. Right now, each warband has had three battles, so five or six seems like a good amount before I will want to end the campaign.

It's definitely been as fun as I thought it would.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband   One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One-Man Campaign: The Voices in my head each have a Warband
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next