Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)

Go down 
+21
JoaoS
Grimscull
mrtn
Macefist
floedebolle
Boreas_NL
Saranor
Mephysto
smokezombie
folketsfiende
HarryMason
werekin
cianty
Ezekiel
Rory1
Eliazar
Stormgerkin
WarbossKurgan
Von Kurst
DeafNala
Tintin
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Empty
PostSubject: Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)   house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar 2011 - 14:38

My girlfriend and our baby girl went away for the weekend, so we decided to have a modelling/painting weekend with a pirate theme. We gathered our gang, bought a lot of food and drink and made sure to have all kinds of pirate movies at hand... "ohh-hho and a bottle of rum"...

All of us are in to Mordheim but with a Sartosa twist.

We started out a few weeks ago, by gathering resources and models for our future project, wich will include one miniature island, built on a 60cm x 60cm board for each player in our group. This will serve as private bases and also as game tables. Along with this, we will begin the larger project of making a pirate island habour... Sartosa! Its a fair amount of stuff that needs to be bought, scrounged, aquired and... commandeered to start a project like this.

My girlfriend helped us out with a flag to decorate the door to our appartment for the weekend...

house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) DSCN6439

I like pirates... its my lower right arm, my girlfriend have the same tatoo on her right arm...

house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) DSCN6444

Kalle is working on his scratchbuilt small pirate ship. This is the start of that particular project...

house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) DSCN6430

More work on the ship...

house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) DSCN6432

Boat and a skull that will be used as a rock on one of the small 60x60 tables...

house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) DSCN6445

More boat pics...

house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) DSCN6438

Lots of small side projects next to Kalle and his boat hehe... tintin, 40K, Rules of Engagement WWII, Warhammer, Mordheim... the list goes on, I am sure you all know about this particular little issue with us wargamers Very Happy

house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) DSCN6432

Last edited by Tintin on Thu 2 Jun 2011 - 21:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)   house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar 2011 - 15:12

COOL SHIP! Pirate themed thingies are wildly popular here a T. Sleep M.F.. Having an ENTIRE weekend of camaraderie & modeling sounds great...ENJOY! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)   house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar 2011 - 15:43

Hey Tintin,
Welcome aboard! Pirate theme projects are indeed popular, especially with me.

I have been following your thread on LAF with interest, but I just lurk there so I haven't commented. If you have any questions about Mordheim related piratey-ness, we've got lots of opinions here!

Fair winds mate! pirat
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)   house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar 2011 - 16:10

Heya guys

I will try to keep this thread updated with our progress. We are trying to get at lest a few tables ready for a get to gether in the beginning of June here in Stockholm (Swedish Lead Adventure Meet).

Meh the freaking camera died and my GF is as allready stated... not at home, and one could say that I am a bit technically impaired.
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)   house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar 2011 - 16:26

I love you Tintin. house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) 665330 Crap - did I say that out loud? house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) 387809

Pirates, Sartosa and Mordheim are close to my heart too. I love the tattoo and the flag!
That's a great start you've made on your ship - looking forward to following your progress!

Hope you can get the camera (charged?) working again so we can see more later!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)   house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar 2011 - 23:53

Ahoy, me hearties!

I have some updates but are waiting for the camera batteries to recharge (as someone pointed out hehe). When thats done I will post some more pics.

There are a lot of things in the pipe at the moment, we just went on a shopping spree on the net, and got our self some nice buildings, along with more stuff for our own scratchbuilding projects, mainly houses and the habour. However, it turned out that we could borrow a nice collection of moulds, so we will have to order some dental plaster for that. We also need to locate a suplier of various plastic stuff for walls, but I think I have found one here in Stockholm for that.

By the way... have no fear Kurgan, loving pirate stuff is quite healthy... true story *nods*! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stormgerkin
Captain
Captain
Stormgerkin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)   house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar 2011 - 11:50

Ah tis good to see more fine vessles soon to make birth.
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)   house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011 - 12:32

We got our MDF, but alas, its not cut to the right proportions, so I will have to try to find someone that can help with sawing today. Lost a full day of scenery building Sad
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)   house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011 - 0:47

A small update... with a twist for WarbossKurgan Smile

house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) DSCN6453

house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) DSCN6448

Little did Kalle know what or rather who made a small visit to his precious boat!

house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) DSCN6454

house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) DSCN6455
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)   house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011 - 1:40

Cool Ship & Ork...VERY COOL GOBLIN! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)   house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011 - 12:39

Hehe, I recently sold my WH40K Blood Axe Ork army. All of them converted like the sniper. I only saved that particular miniature, one radio-operator, one grethchin and a mech (nob), becuase they where not finished, and I wanted to have a few to have fun with. I suppose there will be a new, but smaller Ork 40K army one day, but I dont like the rules/games anymore. The Orks will all have simular cammo as the gretchin, Oakleaf fall along with fieldgrey pants and armour.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)   house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011 - 13:24

Tintin wrote:
I suppose there will be a new, but smaller Ork 40K army one day, but I dont like the rules/games anymore.

I can identify. Every gamer should try "Big Army" games at least once in their gaming career, but once you've "been there, done that" the skirmish style games have more of an appeal to the modeler/painter that lies deep within most gamers. You might enjoy giving Death Squad a try:
http://www.deathsquadsgame.com/ What a Face
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)   house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011 - 21:40

house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) DSCN6478

house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) DSCN6482
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)   house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011 - 22:08

That is quite an awesome ship you've got there. Now show me the pirates! pirat
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)   house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011 - 0:56

Hehe the pirates are not quite done yet. I got to tell you that we, all of us in our little gaming group, started over. Sold our miniatures, armies and whatnots, all with the purpose of financing our new project. Loads of orders on the internet the past few weeks I can tell you, not to mention lots of running around in town trying to find building materials and such, but we are slowly getting there.
I bought 5 undead pirates from a guy, to get a start for a semi npc gang, then ordered a few figs to bolster that group and a full gang of "ordinary" pirates. Kalle ordered goblins and a gang of royal navy figs wich also will be used as a npc gang.
I think that we want at least a few boats and some terrain boards done, before concentrating on the miniatures, I dont know if this is a good strategy, but in my experience, most groups end up with people fixing with their own minis and then "hope" for some "other guy" to make the terrain.
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)   house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011 - 23:35

Fear our newest addition to our ever growing fleet of... *cough*... great warships...

house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) DSCN6492

Some terrain progress...

house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) DSCN6490

house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) DSCN6485

house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) DSCN6488
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)   house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011 - 23:58

The Dory from HELL! looks TERRIFIC ...you're developing a nautical flair.
The building has a Chapel like appearance...probably due to the shape of the window. The stonework turned out FANTASTIC...VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Rory1
Youngblood
Youngblood
Rory1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)   house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Icon_minitimeFri 18 Mar 2011 - 5:34

Brilliant! Pirates are sweet! I wish I was that good at building ships. You should totally try to have a mordheim battle in real water with them.
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)   house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011 - 14:00

Kalle needed some rope... and appearantly it was best to make his own ropemaking machine :S

house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) DSCN6542

house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) DSCN6543
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)   house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011 - 14:13

haha no way! that is one nifty little device! can we get a closeup of the result?
how well does it hold fast after it's been cut loose?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)   house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011 - 17:17

Hehe, I am not sure yet. The first test was to make sure it actually worked, now we are woking out a "line" where it can be drawn from the rope twinning machine to a hook a bit further away, that will allow the rope to actually spin without becoming a totall mess.
We are using linnen thread as for now, to test some thicker rope type. After its done, we will wax it to hold it together, using bee wax. We have both used this before, to make period landsknecht (like the Imperial soldiers are using in Warhammer) clothes.
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)   house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011 - 0:29

Progress on the buildings for our habour. The Habour Masters Office and home...

house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) DSCN6547

house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) DSCN6546

house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) DSCN6545

Here is a pic of one of my pirates, painted by someone else though... along with the fine rope Kalle made. The rope in it self is, to say the least, awsome!

house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) DSCN6544
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)   house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011 - 1:51

The Harbor Master's digs are VERY IMPRESSIVE...cool Living Impaired Sailor. thumbsup
It's been a very fruitful & LOOOONG weekend. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)   house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011 - 2:08

Hehe, yeah long weekend indeed. However, I decided to continue to update this thread instead of making a new one, I hope it doesnt matter, or I will start a new one if you like, or change the name of this Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)   house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011 - 2:22

Please continue; it's a FINE thread with some WONDERFUL creations. It just struck me as a funny idea seeing you & your buddies emerging from the weekend after long years locked away with your project...rather like Rip Van Winke's nap. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)   house - Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pirates... hiiiaarrr! New house and pictures :)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next