Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Pitfighter Warband

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
siredge
Captain
Captain
siredge

Trading Reputation : 0

Pitfighter Warband Empty
PostSubject: Pitfighter Warband   Pitfighter Warband Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 20:43

So first off my question.

So are pitfighters only ever able to take their different sets of equipment? Or is that just for their start?

Also anyone here play them/ have played them?
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Pitfighter Warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitfighter Warband   Pitfighter Warband Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 21:43

I enjoy them! They shred things in close combat. And they were my favorite models to paint yet! I'll put up some pictures later, including my slayer with a "Mom" tattoo.

They take the sets and that is all they can use unless they get the weapons master skill as far as I know. The intent from what I read though is that you can buy parts of the set and then just reduce the cost of buying a full set by the equal amount. (If you buy a sheild reduce the cost of Orc style by 5 etc if you had one already) And remember gromril versions are still ok as long as it is the same type of weapon. Ithimir Flails are fun.
Back to top Go down
siredge
Captain
Captain
siredge

Pitfighter Warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitfighter Warband   Pitfighter Warband Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 21:51

Ok so thats a little confusing. Are you say that after a battle if I decide to change my style for my leader from emipre to chaos I wouldnt have to buy the armor and helmet but I would by the flail and shield?
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info

Pitfighter Warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitfighter Warband   Pitfighter Warband Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 22:10

Basically yes from what I understand. But they can ONLY use them if in the correct combinations (without skills saying otherwise)
Back to top Go down
siredge
Captain
Captain
siredge

Pitfighter Warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitfighter Warband   Pitfighter Warband Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 22:14

So this brings up another question I have in general. So if you are only able to use weapons and armor from your starting list, how are you able to learn to use other types of armor? or is it you just cant?
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info

Pitfighter Warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitfighter Warband   Pitfighter Warband Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 22:19

Another thing I can answer: Rules as Written you cannot. However I usually house rule it as the following:

Ithimir Armor counts as light armor instead of heavy.

My brother's group often allows Weapons Master (if that is the melee one) to allow you to take heavy armor.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

Pitfighter Warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitfighter Warband   Pitfighter Warband Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011 - 3:25

Balrog's comments about armour is correct. Officially it is not possible to use armour not included in the warband equipment list (where Ithilmar and Gromril are treated types of Heavy Armour).

It seems that quite a few groups do house rule that Ithilmar counts as Light Armour rather than Heavy Armour though.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Master
Veteran
Veteran
Master

Pitfighter Warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitfighter Warband   Pitfighter Warband Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011 - 14:47

I usually play that the pit fighters only use the styles on Recruitment, but afterwards they can mix and match from the styles they have available, using the equipment table in the Mordheim rulebook. And the prices there. That means they will have access to any weapon that was on any of the styles. It's not strictly RAW, but it is much simpler.
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info

Pitfighter Warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitfighter Warband   Pitfighter Warband Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011 - 22:53

I do like that rule. Makes more fluff sense anyways. As they are escaped slaves. Also always use the steel nets on my skink style guys as counts-as bucklers.

But I force my guys into the styles, 98% of the reason is just so i actually have SOME models that are WYSIWYG...

Advice: Gromril Hammer is a fun piece of gear on a slayer. I use the model from the Dwarf Treasure Hunter's box. So Dwarf Hammer (D Axe count-as) and Gromril Hammer. Fun and not TOO expensive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pitfighter Warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitfighter Warband   Pitfighter Warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pitfighter Warband
Page 1 of 1