Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Alternative Scenarios for Border Town Burning

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

Alternative Scenarios for Border Town Burning Empty
PostSubject: Alternative Scenarios for Border Town Burning   Alternative Scenarios for Border Town Burning Icon_minitimeMon 7 Feb 2011 - 13:38

Hi All,

Our gaming group is thoroughly enjoying our Border Town Burning campaign. However, we have grown a little bit restless with just the standard scenarios especially since there are so many different scenarios out there for Mordheim. We have searched through the Mordheim scenarios out there and compiled lists of scenarios for each territory. Below are links to the rules for selecting scenarios based on territories.

There are six scenarios for the Northern Wastes, the Steppes and the Mountains of Mourne. There are eleven one-verses-one scenarios for the Cathayan Borderlands plus six multiplayer scenarios for the Cathayan Borderlands.

We have also modified some scenarios to be special scenarios for the different objectives (the special scenarios are numbered in each list with numbers higher than possible to roll on a D6 / 2D6). I have included these special scenarios but so far we haven't thoroughly tested the special scenarios to ensure that they are all balanced against each other.

00 Border Town Burning Alternate Scenarios

01 Cathayan Borderlands Scenarios

02 Cathayan Borderlands Multiplayer Scenarios

03 Steppes Scenarios

04 Mountains of Mourne Scenarios

05 Northern Wastes Scenarios

We hope that those of you who play BTB will enjoy the options opened up by these scenario lists. Any feedback that you may have is also very welcome.

Cheers,

Ben

Last edited by RationalLemming on Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 22:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Scenarios for Border Town Burning   Alternative Scenarios for Border Town Burning Icon_minitimeMon 7 Feb 2011 - 14:24

That's awesome! Has anyone done something like this for the city of Mordheim?

Edit: You missed filing off a license number on the first scenario Wink
If a 6 is rolled the hood rises 3” in height to a total of 9”. Hood should be Scroll, right?
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Scenarios for Border Town Burning   Alternative Scenarios for Border Town Burning Icon_minitimeMon 7 Feb 2011 - 22:41

Ahh yes. Thanks FKSN. The original scenario had the warbands chasing that hood artefact from the core Mordheim rulebook. We changed it to be one of the magical scrolls on the BTB lesser artefact table to keep it in keeping with the BTB suppliment. I'll look at fixing that up. cheers

This is the example of the types of changes that we have made to these scenarios. References to wyrdstone we have sometimes (possibly not always) changed to be 'treasure'. References to artefacts we have changed to magical scrolls or lesser artefacts (we wanted more options to gain lesser artefacts). The giant in Dont Wake the Giant has the rules from the BTB beastiary and one of his loot items is a map to the chaos dragon lair rather than a Mordheim map. We've made small changes like that. These rules will also be living documents as I'm sure that there'll be some tweaks that need to be made (for example I don't like the idea of the possibiliy of allying with the giant in Don't Wake the Giant but my co-conspirator, MD, did like the idea so we've left it in for now).

I'm sure that people have done similar things for Mordheim. Alternatively, the vast majority of scenarios out there were written specifically with Mordheim in mind and so can be played with no changes. My old gaming group actually printed out every single scenario from Mordheimer into a 'scenario' book complete with index and we'd use that for choosing scenarios. The downside is of course that not all scenarios are equal and some offer rewards that are WAY too good for the challenge. This is what we tried to filter when we chose the scenarios for our current BTB campaign.

PS.
I have also changed the title of this thread to better reflect its contents.
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Scenarios for Border Town Burning   Alternative Scenarios for Border Town Burning Icon_minitimeTue 8 Feb 2011 - 14:40

My group and I are doing a Champaign that is Set in Mordheim, and I crafted my own objectives to match the setting. So far we are in play testing. Right now we have a couple of names, Mordhiem Burning, Mordheim Aftermath, and Mordheim Ever After are all the names we have.

There are 4 settings,
New Mordhiem the part of the city that wasn't destroyed or effected by the commet,
Ruins of Mordhiem the old feral city that has been warped by the commet,
On the River - Beach and Water setting and the life on the RIver that runs through Moredheim.
The Wild the Rual Area Surrounding the City.

I have 7 objectives, some of them I think are better than others.

The Warpstone belongs to Us - Skaven, they are collecting Wyrd Stone Shards and refining them into Warpstone to take back with them to power Skaven Machines back home. Think Skaven meets Lure of Fortune

Kill and Bring Back an Army - Undead, the warband gaines bonus Zombies, and there is a bonus that allows zombies to gain exp at half the rate of a normal person like the Man Eater Flaw. Think growing a horde of Zombies and then attacking the city.

Road to Hell - Chaos and Undead it is all about opening-up the hole to the other world and bring chaos into Mordheim. It is all about Mutations, Opening a Portal to Hell and Demons.

City Guard - Human Mercs, High Elves, you know the good guys. It's all about restoring order to the city and capturing the 4 towers of Mordheim. Think City Watch meets Celestial Protactorate.

Protecters of the Wild - Lizardmen, Amazons, and Wood Elves - it is all about killing anything evil or chaotic that wanders into the woods, and making raids into the city to hit strategic targets. Think the Alt-The Damned Shall Burn, but with bonuses that give individual models bonuses.

Treasure Hunters - Human Mercs, Dark Elf, Dwarves, a few others It is all about collecting magic items, and trying to find lost items in the city of Mordheim

A Pirate's Life for Me - All of the Sea Fairing Races - It is all about getting together items like a captian's hat, a Jolly Roger, Guns, Swords, a Compass, a crew and a boat to start a new life as pirates.

Right now we are really in play testing, but so far everyone seems to like the concepts. I think everyone likes the Idea that we can play the different setting and they would have slightly different rules, and would allow different adventures.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Scenarios for Border Town Burning   Alternative Scenarios for Border Town Burning Icon_minitimeWed 9 Feb 2011 - 11:02

@Rudeboy... sounds good. I've heard you mention a few of your ideas previously but not like this. I'm looking forward to sometime in the future when you feel things are more balanced and are ready to share more! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Scenarios for Border Town Burning   Alternative Scenarios for Border Town Burning Icon_minitimeWed 9 Feb 2011 - 16:45

Yeah we really liked BTB, the whole style of it. We like the Objectives and the picking who plays who. I think that it adds a whole new and exciting twist to the game. We wanted to play it with different Objectives and Scenarios.

So far it is going well we had 5 players show-up and we played on 3 4x4 boards that connected. The boards included a beach area, a city area and a wooded area. It went really well. However I made some of the NPC monsters show-up were a little too powerful. That is the kick-off so that when we pick people based on CP we won't have to have the first game be a pure roll-off.
Back to top Go down
weeble1000
Hero
Hero
weeble1000

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Scenarios for Border Town Burning   Alternative Scenarios for Border Town Burning Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2011 - 19:58

@ Rudeboy - I've thought about doing something similar for a campaign set in Mordheim. How has your campaign been going? Do you have any more resources that you could share? Are you using standard rulebook scenarios, or ones that you've designed?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Scenarios for Border Town Burning   Alternative Scenarios for Border Town Burning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternative Scenarios for Border Town Burning
Page 1 of 1